Windows 10: How to check the Video Ram Usage - On Board Intel Graphics

Discus and support How to check the Video Ram Usage - On Board Intel Graphics in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have windows 10 with a few monitors hooked up. I am wondering how much video ram I am currently using. There are no games. Just general... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mruschmann, Aug 6, 2018.

1. mruschmann Win User

How to check the Video Ram Usage - On Board Intel Graphics

I have windows 10 with a few monitors hooked up. I am wondering how much video ram I am currently using.

There are no games. Just general office/productivity tools. Is there anyway to check the Video RAM usage on a 7th GEN i7?

:)

mruschmann, Aug 6, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Ram usage at task manager too high.

Well, I am going to assume you have no dedicated graphics card, just on-board graphics (Intel HD Graphics or the ATI equivalent)

So I would have to say that everything seems normal

User - 42%

System - 21%

Windows 10 (including user profile) in general uses 1.5GB - 2GB RAM when idle, the only thing I would suggest would be to install more RAM if you feel your require it. But from the screenshots you provided, you have about 1.48GB RAM available, which is more
    than enough for normal PC usage . . .

DaveM121, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Geneo Win User
    high ram usage

The Intel graphics uses system RAM, there is no dedicated video RAM.

Geneo, Aug 6, 2018
  4. justinassante Win User

How to increase dedicated video ram?

I want to play Grand Theft Auto IV and don't have enough dedicated video ram. Can somebody explain to me, step by step, how to do this, if possible? And what would happen if i ran the game without the necessary video ram? By the way, i have a Intel(R)
    HD Graphics 520 Video Card. Thanks in advance!

justinassante, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. How to check the Video Ram Usage - On Board Intel Graphics - Similar Threads - check Video Ram

2. On board Video

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    On board Video: I have a R9 270X video card and I was going to build another computer and all the motherboards have on board video. Is there a z370 motherboard that would have a built in graphics card that would come close to my R9 270x?
  3. Intel RST Woes: Disapearing Drive vs RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST Woes: Disapearing Drive vs RAM Usage: At some point I've realized that my system is using 7gb++ of RAM while idle. Using RamMap I noticed that some driver/s are blocking about 5gb of memory. So I updated the drivers and noticed that the Intel Rapid Storage Technonlogy was not installed. (Not running a RAID...
  4. Intel HD Graphics 4600 Dedicated Video Memory

Intel HD Graphics 4600 Dedicated Video Memory: Sorry this isn't exactly about graphics cards. I can't seem to increase my dedicated video memory for integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600, even though I have put it up to 1024MB (1GB) in my BIOS. My Total Available Graphics Memory is 7786MB, and my Shared System Memory is...
  5. Use GPU and on board graphics

Use GPU and on board graphics: Hello, I am trying to hook up a third monitor onto my set up, via VGA. I have two monitors at the moment, one via VGA other via HDMI, both using the GPU's connectors. my GPU is a NVIDIA Geforce 750ti, I get "Cable not connected" on my third monitor when I try to use...
  6. 4.1gb RAM usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    4.1gb RAM usage.: This is definitely not normal. My ram usage on idle has spiked so drastically, that it is using up half of my physical memory. [img] I only question why? Task manager does not show any specific application draining that much memory. The user uses up only 1.7GB of ram. The...
  7. high ram usage

high ram usage: most of the time i have ram usage like 40-60, but all of the processes are using like 400 mb and i have 4gb ram. [img] [img] [img] 21560
  8. High RAM usage

High RAM usage: I am not sure why windows is taking 6.4GB of memory I have only chrome running with four tabs opened. [img] [img] [img] 51057
  9. Massive RAM usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive RAM usage: Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but it's been a while since this is happening: This PC currently have 8 GB of RAM after playing/watching a few videos/browising the ram suddenly goes up to 85-95+% (70-75% the lowest) of usage and never goes...
  10. How to upgrade despite incompatible on-board graphics card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade despite incompatible on-board graphics card: I have a windows 7 system that I want to upgrade to Win10. The advisor says that the old on-board graphics card (built into the mobo) is not compatible. I went out and purchased a new PCI-e card that is compatible but the advisor continues to say that I can't upgrade. There...