Windows 10: How To Choose Individual Updates To Install

Discus and support How To Choose Individual Updates To Install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Maybe I'm missing something obvious in Win 10. In the following screenshot, I only want to install the Win Defender update, and not the HP driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GatsbyGlen, Aug 1, 2015.

1. How To Choose Individual Updates To Install

Maybe I'm missing something obvious in Win 10. In the following screenshot, I only want to install the Win Defender update, and not the HP driver update. In fact, I want to ignore that update. With previous versions of Windows I was able to do that. Any ideas? Thanks!

How To Choose Individual Updates To Install [​IMG]

:)

GatsbyGlen, Aug 1, 2015

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Aug 1, 2015
  3. How to choose to install Windows updates when we want in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

1. What is the make and model of the system?

2. Which antivirus have you installed to perform the virus scan?

Perform the methods below and check.

Method 1: Defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn’t affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you
    from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available

By checking Defer upgrades, feature upgrades like the Windows 10 Fall Update are delayed for 4 – 12 months, depending on other settings.

Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options to see whether you have it; by default the option is disabled.
    Check if this option is disabled/ unchecked.

Note: Microsoft will not recommend the users to postpone the Windows Updates from being installed as there may be a fixes for the existing bugs and also security updates
    will be provided for the customers via Windows Updates.

Method 2: Refer the steps below for Automatic Windows Updates on & off
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. type in services.msc then hit
    enter

3. Look for Windows Update.

4. Right click then select
    Properties

5. On the Startup type, click
    Disabled

6. Click on Stop under Service status.

7. Click Apply and OK.

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How To Choose Individual Updates To Install

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Thanks for the info! Interesting utility, it tells me there are several other updates available, although the Win 10 interface doesn't show them - and they aren't hidden?

How To Choose Individual Updates To Install [​IMG]

GatsbyGlen, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Possibly failed updates. Do they show up in your Windows Update history?

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  7. They do not. Many of them were there prior to me updating to Win 10, I just hadn't installed them - they were optional.

GatsbyGlen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How To Choose Individual Updates To Install

1. How To Choose Individual Updates To Install - Similar Threads - Choose Individual Updates

2. How to choose which updates to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to choose which updates to install Windows 10: "Power", the first icon in the Start menu, has two options: "Update and shut down" and "Update and restart". I don't want either -- I'd like to avoid updates. How can I shut down without updating? Would you recommend yanking the power cord? Back in Windows 98 that was...
  3. How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps?: I just want one volume for everything. I don't want individual applications to take control and make their volume higher or lower. I don't want to have to right-click volume mixer and adjust levels. I'm a simple man and just want my volume to work like it's 1997 with a Sound...
  4. Choosing Between Two Graphic Cards For Individual Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Choosing Between Two Graphic Cards For Individual Applications: Hi! I am a 3D designer, and I have faced this problem. I have two graphic cards Intel & Nvidia. I want to know if there is any way to pick which application uses which graphics card....
  5. Windows Updates each update individually

Windows Updates each update individually: I reinstalled windows on my PC and I had to install an update after that another one and another one. In this Screenshot you can see my update history. Windows installed each update individually. Is there any way to install all updates at once (even if it takes longer) ?...
  6. Where are the individual update files?

Where are the individual update files?: Before doing its thing, I believe Windows Update gets those KBxxxxxx files from Microsoft and stores them somewhere. If I could copy them to a similar location on another PC, it might help speed up the total update process in that PC. So where are those files stored?...
  7. choose when to download or install updates?

choose when to download or install updates?: Hi. How can I stop windows 10 updates happening automatically? I want to control when this happens. Thank you, in advance, of any assistance with this :...
  8. Choosing which Windows updates to install?

Choosing which Windows updates to install?: Hi, I'm trying to update my windows PC, but windows also keeps trying to download update 1903. I do not want to download that update, but all the other updates, like net framework etc. I tried disabling windows updates, but that also disables the net framework updates. Is...
  9. Choose when to install updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Choose when to install updates?: I have windows 10 Pro. When I go to check updates, if any are available it will automatically download and Install. Isn't there a way I can set things up so that I can choose when to download and install? 23409
  10. Choose how preview builds are installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Choose how preview builds are installed: Everytime I go to advanced options under settings - Update and Security and set the box under "Getting builds faster means you’ll see new things sooner. Getting builds slower could mean more solutions are available for issues." to Fast, it reverts to Slow, so the next time I...