Windows 10: How to choose Windows 10 user account sync priority during setup?

Discus and support How to choose Windows 10 user account sync priority during setup? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have 2 computers both running Windows 10, one of which is brand new. When I setup the new computer, I signed in using Microsoft account, expecting... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by uly, Jan 3, 2016.

1. ULY
    uly Win User

How to choose Windows 10 user account sync priority during setup?

I have 2 computers both running Windows 10, one of which is brand new.
    When I setup the new computer, I signed in using Microsoft account, expecting the new computer to sync the settings from the old one. But instead, the new computer's default settings overwrote existing settings on the old computer, which is just dumb.
    Because of some hardware issues, I've had to replace the new computer and setup a new one again. Now I really don't want the same thing happening again. So is there a way to make sure my new Windows 10 only receive settings from the old one?

:)

2. UAC refuses to turn on

Hi Mohammad,

User Account Control has a security strength. If you set “High”, you will not be able to open apps if it is not secure. It’s a part of the Windows 10 elevation process that control changes on your computer in everything that you do. It is
    always turned on, but there is a priority level. To remove this warning, we recommend using the medium priority.

You can find more information here:
    How User Account Control works

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Johann Eva, Jan 3, 2016
  3. dahlys Win User
    Cannot delete newly created administrator account

During the latest windows 10 update, a new administrator account was added to my users list. However, my existing user account is already an administrator and I do not need this new account. I have tried deleting the account using NETPLWIZ but it doesn't
    allow me to delete it. It is annoying to have to choose an account to login when I startup the pc. Please tell me how to delete the extra admin account.

dahlys, Jan 3, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

Hi uly, welcome to Ten Forums. If you go to Settings -> accounts -> Sync your settings. Make sure that Sync settings is on as well as all individual sync settings ( right below ) are turned on. Good luck.

JohnC, Jan 8, 2016
Thema:

1. How to choose Windows 10 user account sync priority during setup? - Similar Threads - choose user account

2. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  3. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  4. Two users during Windows 11 setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two users during Windows 11 setup: I bought a new computer for my husband and somehow during initial setup, I ended up with two users. I installed some important software on the first account. The next day, I realized he had two accounts. I went in to the second account, restored all his data from Carbonite...
  5. Two users during Windows 11 setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two users during Windows 11 setup: I bought a new computer for my husband and somehow during initial setup, I ended up with two users. I installed some important software on the first account. The next day, I realized he had two accounts. I went in to the second account, restored all his data from Carbonite...
  6. Choose user during startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Choose user during startup: I've made two accounts, one for me and one for my wife. The pc starts up and directly to windows desktop, bypassing the 'choose user' screen. During startup, I want to see a screen where I can choose which account to log in to. I had that option in Win 7 with each user...
  7. Windows 10 User Account setup and defining

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 User Account setup and defining: My current LT with Windows 10 Home during installs, etc now say "you don't have authority...".when changing, installing things that did not produce an error before. " I suspect my "Account/User Profile" maybe corrupted but when I check my "Local Account" name, it says it is:...
  8. Windows 10 User Account setup and defining

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 User Account setup and defining: My current LT with Windows 10 Home during installs, etc now say "you don't have authority...".when changing, installing things that did not produce an error before. " I suspect my "Account/User Profile" maybe corrupted but when I check my "Local Account" name, it says it is:...
  9. How to Enable Administration Account During Windows 10 Setup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Enable Administration Account During Windows 10 Setup?: I just purchased a new Windows 10 laptop and was wondering whether it is possible to enable the built-in administrator account during the setup process? This would be my initial user account. I would then login as Administrator and finished adding the Standard User accounts....
  10. PIN Windows User Account setup, but not accessible during sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN Windows User Account setup, but not accessible during sign-in: I have a PIN setup to use for my sign-in, but cannot get Sign-in screen to ask for it. I keeps asking for my Windows 10 user account password instead of PIN. I can get in, but I had wanted to use the PIN method. Anyone have an idea what I still need to do, to accomplish...