Windows 10: How to clean install 10 and then bring in my programs ...

Discus and support How to clean install 10 and then bring in my programs ... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i want to do a clean install of win10, meaning that i will format my SSD that has win7 pro 64 on it. how do i save my programs to another drive so that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by martygene, Nov 15, 2015.

1. martygene Win User

How to clean install 10 and then bring in my programs ...

i want to do a clean install of win10, meaning that i will format my SSD that has win7 pro 64 on it. how do i save my programs to another drive so that after installing 10 i can then bring in my programs without having to manually install each one from scratch. ? I have Acronis if that helps. i just dont want to do a restore from saved drives if it messes with the new 10 install. i'm just not sure how to go about this.
    thanks

:)

martygene, Nov 15, 2015

2. How to Upgrade To Windows 10 and then clean install perfectly (INSTALL AND ACTIVATION)

There are some prerequisites have to be taken care of before upgrade

and above all upgrade should be done within an year after windows 10 release

1) windows 7 or 8.1 activated (doesn't have to be genuine but should be activated)

2) make all the hardware upgrades before upgrading to windows 10

3) then using "GET WINDOWS 10" app upgrade to windows 10.

4) after upgrade your windows 10 becomes genuine and and activated .(and you can reinstall any number of times without a product key after upgrade life long)

5) then download windows 10 iso from Download Windows 10

6) make sure u select the right version of your installed windows 10 - Home , Pro (32,64)

7) download "RUFUS" from Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way select

a) MBR for BIOS

b) GPT for UEFI / EFI

based on your partition style and your bios.

8) then boot from usb-8GB ( in UEFI you have to disable secure boot to boot from usb )

9) then perform clean install on the windows installed partition or by completely formatting the hard drive its your wish.(skip product key)

10) after clean install connect to internet and and open settings and click activate windows.

TADA U THEN HAVE A GENUINE WINDOWS 10

NOTE: make sure u have windows 7 or 8.1 iso in handy if else your windows 10 isn't activated after upgraded and if windows 10 activated , then no worries.

And by the way windows 10 activates from windows servers verifying your volume licences i.e your hardware, so your windows 10 won't activate if u make any hardware changes like new processor, graphic card even ssd.

Manikanta Raju N, Nov 15, 2015
  3. i have unpinned my "me" live tile then how to bring it back as it is not in the apps when we swipe it to the right?

It is pretty easy to do.

• Go to the START screen and press on the People tile.
    • You will see at the top of the screen your picture.
    • Press on that and it will open.
    • You should see at the bottom of the screen a "push pin".
    • Press on that and it will pin your ME Tile to the start screen.
    • Now you can move it to where you want it located.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 15, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Marty, welcome to the Ten Forums.

A short answer: you can't.

A bit longer answer: If you clean install, you need to reinstall all your software. You can only keep your installed software when doing an in-place upgrade.

5. martygene Win User
    Thanks Kari... I was afraid of that but i did think that was the case. I'm not sure what i will do now. Probably wait a while longer to do 10

martygene, Nov 15, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    @OP
    Acronis has the option to create a bootable USB/CD allowing to boot your PC from it to perform backup/restore. So before clean install Windows 10, create a bootable USB/CD, make a backup image of your current OS to an external HD.

If you decide to roll back, just boot your PC from USB/CD and Restore from the backup mage.

topgundcp, Nov 15, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, you should look at either of the following programs, which allow you to transfer most of your programs (and reg entries etc) from one OS to another (same word width only) or old build to new build etc:

Laplink PCMover; Easeus Todo Trans.

I've used the first several times very successfully. Don't use these for AV/Firewall or big games e.g.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to clean install 10 and then bring in my programs ... - Similar Threads - clean install bring

2. How to do clean WIN 10 install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to do clean WIN 10 install: How to do?...
  3. How to do clean WIN 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do clean WIN 10 install: How to do?...
  4. Move installed programs to a new clean installed drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move installed programs to a new clean installed drive.: Win 10 pro 2004 Till now, I never heard that it is possible to transfer installed programs from one drive / installation to another drive that had a clean install. dalchina say it is possible. You can't move installed programs to a new installation (clean install) - yes...
  5. How to do a clean install of windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to do a clean install of windows 10?: I would like to do clean install of Windows 10 home on my laptop asus Q525. What partition should I install Windows 10? What partitions should I keep in case I need it in the future I created a usb drive with Windows 10 UEFI boot media using Media Creation Tool. Drive 0...
  6. Clean install on SSD, how do I load other programs?

Clean install on SSD, how do I load other programs?: I'm upgrading my Dell laptop to an SSD and rather than clone the HHD I'd rather do a clean install. (Current drive behaves odd at times, even with updated Windows 10, even has a random admin account.) Is there a good way to see what's on the drive now so I can have an idea...
  7. Inability to bring up my Dashlane program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inability to bring up my Dashlane program: I am running Windows 10. I have not been able to bring up my DL program. When I try (using three different browsers) I get a msg that says: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or...
  8. How clean is a windows 10 clean install?

How clean is a windows 10 clean install?: I just went through two days of reading up on doing a Windows 10 "clean " reinstall from installation Media from THIS site (the reason was that after a system re-set my entire laptop was an explosion of every virus I've ever heard of. The reason for that:? AVAST, what else?...
  9. How to backup programs for clean installation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to backup programs for clean installation: I plan on doing a clean install of Windows however, as I have limited time and slow internet speed, downloading all the programs again that I currently have would be extremely difficult and time-consuming. How do I backup all of my programs so that I can just restore them...
  10. How to clean install

How to clean install: Hello Ladies and Gents, I just had a question. As a Windows 10 Insider, when we receive the free upgrade to the RTM, how then do I do a clean install? I thought we'd need to burn the iso to a DVD to do that. Thank you. 8273