Windows 10: How to clear "Browse my computer for driver software" ?

Discus and support How to clear "Browse my computer for driver software" ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Control Panel > Device Manager > "Select the device that you want to update/install the driver for" > "Right click on it and click on Update Driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by khanmein, Aug 27, 2016.

1. khanmein Win User

How to clear "Browse my computer for driver software" ?

Control Panel > Device Manager > "Select the device that you want to update/install the driver for" > "Right click on it and click on Update Driver Software" > Browse my computer for driver software

how to remove all the directories history under "Search for driver software in this location:" ? Thanks.

:)

khanmein, Aug 27, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 27, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it How to clear "Browse my computer for driver software" ? :(

oh gawd wat to do ? How to clear "Browse my computer for driver software" ? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram How to clear "Browse my computer for driver software" ? :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx How to clear "Browse my computer for driver software" ? :)

musum, Aug 27, 2016
  4. Private Win User

I don't think this question ever been asked and can't find anywhere to take for references.

But... the place that I can think of is in the registry.

On DevicePath value, look for any data created with the semi-colon ( ; ) after %SystemRoot%\inf value data. Look for any additional values which pointing to the path according from your screenshot, edit it as needed.

Private, Aug 28, 2016
  5. khanmein Win User
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

Installation Sources > delete all the value data: > voila solved.

thanks & greatly appreciated.

khanmein, Aug 28, 2016
  6. Private Win User
    Good findings and happy merdeka.

Private, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to clear "Browse my computer for driver software" ? - Similar Threads - clear Browse computer

2. How to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit

in Windows 10 News
    How to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit: [ATTACH]If you want to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit, here is how you can do that. You can automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit via Chrome’s Settings panel, or you can set things up with the help of the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry...
  3. Software to inspect/browse content of disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software to inspect/browse content of disk: I'm looking for a software that allows to browse/inspect the content of a disk (ssd, hdd etc.) when the device is shut down, if it also allows to copy the content to a usb it'd be excellent. I can't find any, to what kind of software category/type does a software like this...
  4. How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium: [ATTACH]The latest Chromium-based Microsoft Edge web browser has replaced your classic legacy Edge browser. The new Edge Chromium brings you the option to clear the […] This article How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium first appeared on...
  5. How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox: [ATTACH]In our earlier post, we covered the method to delete browsing cache in the Edge browser. On similar lines, we’ll see how to remove cache, […] This article How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  6. Problems clearing browsing data - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems clearing browsing data - Windows 10: [ATTACH] You'll see from the above snip that I've set this to "Always clear this when I close the browser" but it never does. I've lived with it until now but it's just caused me some problems. Am I missing something? What can I do to make it work please? If this is...
  7. Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.: I have updated to Win V. 1903. Since the update it takes ages for Browsing Data to clear in Edge. Prior to the update it used to clear almost as soon as I clicked the button. Any thoughts please? 133872
  8. google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long...: google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long... hey guys, i remember a few days ago when i clear my history on chrome it would be fast no matter how much was thier, like a flash...now it takes long even if its 1mb...i tried uninstalling and resinstalling but same thing.....
  9. Browsing History Doesn't Display or Clears

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing History Doesn't Display or Clears: On one of my child accounts the browsing history is not saving in Edge. I've tried a lot of settings and steps including the ones described here, Solved No Browser History in Edge - Windows 10 Forums However, it almost never displays any history. One time I had it save one...
  10. Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Clear your Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. browse my computer driver software

2. Browse my computer for driver software