Windows 10: How to clear the Event Log in Windows 10

Discus and support How to clear the Event Log in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows 10 is known for acting up now and again with several types of errors. Now, you may want to get a deeper understanding of the errors,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 25, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to clear the Event Log in Windows 10

How to clear the Event Log in Windows 10 clear-the-Event-Log-in-Windows-100x100.jpg
    Windows 10 is known for acting up now and again with several types of errors. Now, you may want to get a deeper understanding of the errors, and that’s where the Event Log comes into play. Event Log files basically [...]

This post How to clear the Event Log in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 25, 2018
  2. JohnBurns Win User

Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows  

FWIW CCleaner will clear the Event Viewer Logs - just check the box under Windows>Advanced>Windows Events Logs. run CCleaner and it's that simple. Much faster than most ,bat files I've tried. Just a suggestion.

JohnBurns, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Loc2262 Win User
    Anniversary update clears event log, known behavior?

Hello!

I noticed that during installation of the anniversary update Windows 10 completely cleared the event log (along with the list of installed updates).

Is that a known behavior?

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Loc2262, Jul 25, 2018
  4. How to clear the Event Log in Windows 10

How to clear the LiveId log

Hi,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below path to find the LiveId log file (Microsoft-Windows-LiveId).

C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs

From the above Logs folder find the Microsoft-Windows-LiveId log file and take the ownership to grant permissions.

Refer to the following Microsoft article on Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2623670

Now, follow the below steps to clear the LiveId log:

• Double click on the Microsoft-Windows-LiveId log file and it will be take you to
      Event Viewer window.
    • On the Action menu, click Clear Log.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

How to clear the Event Log in Windows 10

1. How to clear the Event Log in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - clear Event Log

2. Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges: Dear Microsoft Team,I have a windows 11 laptop. When I am logged with a non-admin user, I cannot clear logs. Is there a possibility to permit this non-admin user to clear logs in Event Viewer?Regards....
  3. Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs in Event Viewer and starts over

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs in Event Viewer and starts over: I noticed this behavior when i did an inplace upgrade to this build version. Previous Records are not archived, they are just gone. Why is this happening?...
  4. Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs and starts over

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs and starts over: I noticed this behavior when i did an inplace upgrade to this build version. Previous Records are not archived, they are just gone. Why is this happening?...
  5. Updating to Windows 10 version 2004 clears all event logs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to Windows 10 version 2004 clears all event logs: Whenever Win10 system gets updated to version 2004 I've had a few colleagues confirm the same on their systems all the Event Logs are cleared. This could be a problem if an organization updates all their systems, and later find that a security incident has occurred just prior...
  6. Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script: I created a PowerShell script saved as a .ps1 file, which is stated below. Whenever I run it, it says "Access is denied" and does not clean Event Viewer logs. Please take a look at the attached screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. By the way, whenever I run the...
  7. Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script: I created a PowerShell script saved as a .ps1 file, which is stated below. Whenever I run it, it says "Access is denied" and does not clean Event Viewer logs. Please take a look at the attached screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. By the way, whenever I run the...
  8. Anniversary update clears event log, known behavior?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update clears event log, known behavior?: Hello! I noticed that during installation of the anniversary update Windows 10 completely cleared the event log (along with the list of installed updates). Is that a known behavior? Thanks in advance for feedback! 60666
  9. Failed to clear event logs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failed to clear event logs: Hi @Brink, hope you are around for this! LOL This has not occurred between October 16, 2016, when I purchased this it, and today. So, if it is a minor issue, I am OK with ignoring these results. Failed to clear event logs Failed to clear event logs using...
  10. Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows Event Viewer is a tool that displays detailed information as event logs about significant events on your PC. Event logs are special files that record...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows liveid errors windows 10