Windows 10: How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.

Discus and support How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; There seems no way to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. It either opens in the existing tab or creates a new closed tab,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tcreek, Aug 5, 2015.

1. tcreek Win User

How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.

There seems no way to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. It either opens in the existing tab or creates a new closed tab, depending on which mouse button you use.

:)

tcreek, Aug 5, 2015

2. "Open link in new tab" opens a new tab but also replaces the page I was on

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

What is the current status of the issue?

I suggest you to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click onSearch bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Then click on View all.

4. Click on Internet Explorer Performance.

5. Click on Next and follow the instructions.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 5, 2015
  3. "Open link in new tab" opens a new tab but also replaces the page I was on

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Internet Explorer. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "Whenever I click open link in new tab", are you referring of opening link in the new tab or clicking on link in a particular page to open in new tab?
    • When you say that "the link opens in a new tab but also in the page I'm on", is the link opens in the new tab near to the open websites?

I suggest you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 5, 2015
  4. tcreek Win User

I had missed the other threads and they say that there does not seem a way to switch to a new open tab in Edge. All other browsers have this option.

tcreek, Aug 5, 2015
  5. BRKING Win User
    Id like to open a new blank tab and have it open to google instead of Microsofts Top Sites page

BRKING, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. - Similar Threads - click link Edge

2. edge pop up for new tab link click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge pop up for new tab link click: using windows 10 whenever i click a link in outlook, word, whatever, it opens a tab in edge which is what i want it to do but it doesn't automatically make edge the front of the page,idk if that is the right term. I have to go down to edge icon and open edge. How can I get it...
  3. edge pop up for new tab link click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge pop up for new tab link click: using windows 10 whenever i click a link in outlook, word, whatever, it opens a tab in edge which is what i want it to do but it doesn't automatically make edge the front of the page,idk if that is the right term. I have to go down to edge icon and open edge. How can I get it...
  4. browser opening new tab when trying to open links

in Browsers and Email
    browser opening new tab when trying to open links: Hi, Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes. My issue is this: whenever I click on a web site shortcut, whether in my task bar or on my desktop, my browser opens a new tab with my browser home page, rather than going directly to the web site I'm after. This...
  5. Stop edge from opening new tabs from search links?

in Browsers and Email
    Stop edge from opening new tabs from search links?: Chrome does not do that. Problem is, you do a search, and click on a search link, it opens a new tab, and leaves the bing seach tab open. And after a while, you can have very many Bing search tabs open - - - Updated - - - In the left pane, click on the Pop-ups and Redirects...
  6. Links keep opening in new tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Links keep opening in new tab: Hi everyone. Recently I have been experiencing something new on my surface laptop 3. Previously, when I click on a website, for example, it would open in the same tab. However, recently, whenever I click on a link or website, it opens in a new tab resulting in so many tabs...
  7. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  8. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  9. Open link as new window in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Open link as new window in Edge: In IE, there was a setting to open links (e.g., ones selected by shift-clicking, or ones with a target attribute in the anchor tag) into a new window instead of a new tab. I can't find a way to do this in Edge - in general, the number of user-adjustable settings seems to be...
  10. Open Pin to Start links in new Edge window instead of tab

in Browsers and Email
    Open Pin to Start links in new Edge window instead of tab: I have a lot of Web Page applications that I use for my job. For each webpage I do a "Pin to Start" which creates a quick link from the start menu. With IE each of these links would open in a new window, but with Edge they open in a new tab on the existing Edge window....