Windows 10: How to combine only specific process (software) on taskbar?

Discus and support How to combine only specific process (software) on taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, so the title explains it all i hope, is there anyway nad if yes how to combine only specific process (software) on taskbar - windows 10, i need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by closser, Jan 9, 2016.

1. closser Win User

How to combine only specific process (software) on taskbar?

Hello, so the title explains it all i hope, is there anyway nad if yes how to combine only specific process (software) on taskbar - windows 10, i need all combined except windows explorer (explorer.exe)?
    Thank you!

:)

closser, Jan 9, 2016
  2. petrib Win User

add new language not listed

Individual languages cannot be added by a phone owner/user.

A specific/select set/combination of languages is put on devices intended for specific regions/countries.

This means that all possible combinations of languages that individual people might wish to see do not exist (such software packages, firmware, has not been created by Nokia).

And the only proper way of getting whatever languages are available, is to buy a device intended for the region/country where those languages are available.

petrib, Jan 9, 2016
  3. srfreeman Win User
    DISM Errors & SFC Sannow Errors Source FIle / SOLUTION FOUND

You may want to be a bit more specific about what you are doing that has caused the need to continually run DISM and/or SFC.

You may also want to post the specifics concerning the hardware/software combination you are using.

Continual corruption is not a normal behavior in Windows 10. Your continuing need to resort to these repair tools signifies a fundamental problem that your vague responses are not going to allow anyone here to get a handle on.

Currently, the only intelligent response (given the information you have provided) would be to tell you to retire your current system in favor of a hardware/software combination that works.

srfreeman, Jan 9, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

You could create (or find the pre-existing) shortcuts for those you want to group together and place them in a folder you create for that purpose. Then you can right click on the Task Bar, select Toolbars, and then New toolbar...

How to combine only specific process (software) on taskbar? [​IMG]

From there, you can browse to the folder you created, double-click on it to select and then you'll have access to the shortcuts in the folder with a single click of the new toolbar on the task bar.

If you're only wanting to do that with quick launch icons, there's a Tutorial already covering that here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Hope that helps.

Word Man, Jan 10, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    I think the OP wants 'running' applications grouped except Explorer:

Edwin, Jan 10, 2016
  6. closser Win User
    Thank you for your time and reply.
    What i want is to stop taskbar combine only one process, not the others, let it combine all others except one process, which in my case is windows explorer (explorer.exe), thanks again.

closser, Jan 10, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
    (Sorry, I was working on my post when the others came in, so I know I'm off in my suggestion, but I wanted to leave this up, as I think it's a handy thing to know)

Word Man's tip is a great one to remember, and from what I can tell, it's really not used too much. I'm assuming some of that is simply due to lack of knowledge about this even being an option.

I've been doing it for years and I find it invaluable. I like it much better than having a Desktop crammed with icons and shortcuts. What's more, you can create sub-folders to keep things very tidy. This will work on older versions of Windows as well.

In my example I have two main folders- Taskbar & Info. Within those folders are sub-folders, which contain shortcuts to some of what I use the most often.

8. Edwin New Member

That's what I figured, (as per Post #3);
    think you might have to try "Taskbar Tweaker" beta for W10.

Edwin, Jan 10, 2016
  9. closser Win User
    Thank you for the replies, i will check for the 'Taskbar Tweaker' if not i'll go the way you guys suggested, thanks for the time.

closser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to combine only specific process (software) on taskbar? - Similar Threads - combine specific process

2. taskbar NEVER COMBINE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar NEVER COMBINE: when will you give us back the option to never combine items in the taskbar?when will you give us back the option to always show every icon in the system tray?why is microsht so ftg cking incompetent? why were those options even removed? you try your best to be hated...
  3. Taskbar - apps combined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar - apps combined: Hello,could you, please, incorporate a new taskbar behaviour in the next cumulative update of Windows 11? Apps are automatically combined in the taskbar with no option of no combining for the user, which is annoying and clumsy to work with now.Thanks.Stanley...
  4. Taskbar - apps combined

Taskbar - apps combined: Hello,could you, please, incorporate a new taskbar behaviour in the next cumulative update of Windows 11? Apps are automatically combined in the taskbar with no option of no combining for the user, which is annoying and clumsy to work with now.Thanks.Stanley...
  5. Combine Taskbar Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combine Taskbar Buttons: One, if not the only think I dislike about Windows 11, is the lack of choice in regards to the taskbar buttons. In most of my work there are several Excel sheets in full screen open. It is difficult to work with them, when the buttons are combined. Hovering on them with the...
  6. Combine Taskbar Buttons

Combine Taskbar Buttons: One, if not the only think I dislike about Windows 11, is the lack of choice in regards to the taskbar buttons. In most of my work there are several Excel sheets in full screen open. It is difficult to work with them, when the buttons are combined. Hovering on them with the...
  7. How Not To 'Combine' Open Windows On The Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Not To 'Combine' Open Windows On The Taskbar?: Hi, Doubtless a simple solution but not simple to me! Brand new Lenovo all-in-one pc with Windows 10 and my default browser is Firefox. Regardless of how many Firefox windows I open, they are all 'combined' on just one Taskbar icon. I want to see each open window on...
  8. Combine taskbar not working

Combine taskbar not working: I'm experiencing a problem with the taskbar combine buttons, it doesn't work with all my programs, even Microsoft Edge, as you can see in the images below: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Can you please provide me with an explanation please, I also having the same issue on my other...
  9. Taskbar buttons combining

Taskbar buttons combining: Win 10 Pro, v1903. Related issues have been discussed before but I didn't find a solution to my specific issue: Combine taskbar buttons is set to never on the Personalization screen. Each time I open a new app, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine! Each time I...
  10. How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?: How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I wont do changes directly in registry. I tried several softwares (SharpKeys, KeyExtender, KeyTweak...), but no one can handle...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar only combine if more than one app running

2. combine only certain taskbar buttons