Windows 10: How to completely get rid of font smoothing clear type in Windows 10

Discus and support How to completely get rid of font smoothing clear type in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My pc keeps reverting to smooth fonts, I hate it, I like crisp non aliased fonts. I modified this: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xuzo, May 26, 2018.

1. xuzo Win User

How to completely get rid of font smoothing clear type in Windows 10

My pc keeps reverting to smooth fonts, I hate it, I like crisp non aliased fonts.

I modified this:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

And changed the settings on FontSmoothingType to 1

It works for a while, then the smooth fonts come back again....grrrrr!

To make it even more frustrating, I can't do a system restore...

How can I TOTALLY nuke smooth fonts options from Windows 10, even modifying registry values doesn't seem to work;(

:)

2. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 27, 2018
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 27, 2018
Thema:

How to completely get rid of font smoothing clear type in Windows 10

1. How to completely get rid of font smoothing clear type in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - completely rid font

2. How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely: In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with the upgrade to Windows 11 the snipping tool is relentless. We have uninstalled the snipping tool, gone into the registry and...
  3. How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps: When using apps such as Word and Excel, the edges around buttons, text boxes, the ribbon, and tabs in excel are all smoothed or "rounded" as opposed to having square or "sharp" edges. Does anyone know how to disable the smoothed edges and revert to square edges?Interestingly...
  4. How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps: When using apps such as Word and Excel, the edges around buttons, text boxes, the ribbon, and tabs in excel are all smoothed or "rounded" as opposed to having square or "sharp" edges. Does anyone know how to disable the smoothed edges and revert to square edges?Interestingly...
  5. Windows .. smooth typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows .. smooth typing: hello guy's .I want to ask for something. how to make writing in Windows .. smooth Look at this video. https://youtu.be/Yc5cHSZ_9b4?t=38Is it possible to do this in Windows?...
  6. Remove windows 10 font smoothing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove windows 10 font smoothing?: Hello, everyone. I have this problem in Windows 10. I don't want it, I like windows 7. But, hardware changes and stigma for anything you like personally are gradually and forcefully being changed in a direction I can't control. i.e. companies requiring a certain browser, or...
  7. How to get rid of Japanese Supplemental Fonts on Windows 10

How to get rid of Japanese Supplemental Fonts on Windows 10: Windows always try to install japanese supplemental fonts, even after I deleted them. how to get rid of japanese supplemental fonts? pls don't let me reinstall windows again : thanks...
  8. Font is Not clear in windows 10

Font is Not clear in windows 10: Dear team, greetings for the day, I am unable to see clear font. I have attached screen shot. Font appears to be marked. I tried resetting the font(Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts\Font settings). It didn't help me. With regards Naveen krishna...
  9. Font smoothing updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Font smoothing updates?: Hi, I skipped Windows 8.1 after trying it for a while since font smoothing was terribly bad in some parts of the OS (such as Metro) and I found tons of threads on forums that tried to solve this problem for people who experience bad looking fonts like me but I didn't have...
  10. How to get rid of One Drive completely

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of One Drive completely: I would like to get rid of One Drive completely. By logging in locally and not with a Microsoft account, One Drive is not activated. In previous Windows versions you could uninstall One Drive in Programs and Features, but it no longer appears? One Drive is based in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 completely disable font smoothing

2. windows 10 completely remove font smoothing registry 7