Windows 10: How to completely remove a Bluetooth device from Win 10?

Discus and support How to completely remove a Bluetooth device from Win 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried for days to remove a Bluetooth Speaker that did not install proper, I remove it try to re-pair does not pair, then upon reboot it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DRFP, Sep 9, 2015.

1. DRFP Win User

How to completely remove a Bluetooth device from Win 10?

I have tried for days to remove a Bluetooth Speaker that did not install proper, I remove it try to re-pair does not pair, then upon reboot it is installed again with error. No matter how many times its removed Windows keeps re installing the device on its own.

How do you completely remove a bluetooth device, all traces so you can start fresh?

I have searched the internet for 2 days and no one has the answer yet. Not even on the MS forums

:)

DRFP, Sep 9, 2015

2. How to remove a bluetooth device - windows 10

Hello Margaret,

There's another way of safely removing your Fitbit Bluetooth device, let's try this instead:

• Select Start >
      Settings >
      Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove >
      Remove device >
      Yes.

You also mentioned that there was a problem pairing your Fitbit device with your laptop, just to confirm, have you encountered any error messages? Are you having issues pairing other devices with your laptop?

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Edjay Rust, Sep 9, 2015
  3. How to remove a bluetooth device - windows 10

I recently got a new laptop with windows 10. I tried to pair a fitbit but there was a problem doing this. The instruction then told me to remove the fitbit from the bluetooth list and start again. However, when I try to follow the instructions to do this,
    I click on the fitbit icon but it does not give me an option to remove.

MargaretNeilson, Sep 9, 2015
  4. ganon Win User

I know its an old topic but Im in same sitation with an Easyacc bluetooth speaker. It played for one second on my desktop but thats it. Worked fine on 2 laptops. I uninstall the driver but when I refresh it, it still remains.

On latest Win 10.

ganon, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Usually Bluetooth is part of the Wi-Fi adapter, may have to turn that off before trying to remove it from the list. Could be the adapter has to be disabled in the BIOS. At least that's how I have done it on Notebooks. I have a Bluetooth USB dongle in my WinXP and one Win10 Desktop but not on the motherboard like yours.

Berton, Feb 29, 2016
  6. ganon Win User
    Tried disabling wifi and bluetooth and uninstalling but it doesnt uninstall, just refreshing it and its back.

ganon, Mar 3, 2016
  7. gpwill Win User
    Hello all,
    Thought I might bump this to see if anyone has anymore insight to this issue. So I have a Dell 6520 that was upgraded to WIN 10. Just noticed on the Dell site that this model hasn't been tested for and "some things may not work" I may have found one.

Issue--- I can pair Bluetooth devices but cannot remove them

I have tried uninstalling bluetooth adapter and reinstalling, turning off wifi and uninstalling , tried the WIN8 drivers from Dell (they dont have any for WIN10)

I know its a long shot as no official WIN10 drivers for bluetooth adapter on this laptop but its worth a try if anybody has any ideas

Weird thing is , I can pair and devices will work but, will not show in settings/bluetooth, but appear in device manager. And they are there forever. My list of devices to choose from in the Sound section of control panel is growing... *Smile

Dont want to clean install just for this.

Any thoughts appreciated

gpwill, Mar 24, 2016
  8. jtc42 Win User

I have this EXACT problem! My list of devices in Device Manager is growing, with more and more driver errors for old paired devices that don't show up in the Bluetooth settings any more. Tried uninstalling drivers, reinstalling, poking around the registry. I've found nothing to totally reset the profile.

Did you have any luck with this?

jtc42, Jun 5, 2016
  9. gpwill Win User
    No luck at all. I gave up using Bluetooth with this laptop as the only solution is to have a correct driver (that I have found) and Dell only has WIN8 drivers. (no help) And the one that WIN10 installs gives me the same problem. So good luck.. I have given up myself.

gpwill, Jun 7, 2016
  10. bhaumik Win User
    I had the same issue.
    (1st ) Turned Airplane Mode on
    (2nd) Disconnect Bluetooth device from sound Settings (Also remove it from default device)
    (3rd) Open device manger--> View--> Show Hidden Devices. In Bluetooth devices Uninstall the Bluetooth device you want to remove.
    (4th) Go to Device and Printer in Control Panel and Try again removing again.
    The device should be removed. Let me know if this works for you.

bhaumik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to completely remove a Bluetooth device from Win 10? - Similar Threads - completely remove Bluetooth

2. How to remove a device completely from Windows Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove a device completely from Windows Bluetooth: Hello, I'm having an extremely bad problem that started some time ago. Well, I used my WiiU Pro Controller via Bluetooth to play, so far no problem. But one day it can no longer connect. Windows is totally bugged with Bluetooth. Removing the device does not remove it, it...
  3. How to remove a device completely from Windows Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a device completely from Windows Bluetooth: Hello, I'm having an extremely bad problem that started some time ago. Well, I used my WiiU Pro Controller via Bluetooth to play, so far no problem. But one day it can no longer connect. Windows is totally bugged with Bluetooth. Removing the device does not remove it, it...
  4. How to remove a device completely from Windows Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removing Account COMPLETELY from Different Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Account COMPLETELY from Different Device: When at work, I used my company’s computer to log into my OneDrive account to do homework. When I finished, I logged out of my OneDrive, but somehow my whole account was connected to the computer. When I logged onto my laptop, my desktop had icons on it that were originally...
  6. Removing Account COMPLETELY from Different Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Account COMPLETELY from Different Device: When at work, I used my company’s computer to log into my OneDrive account to do homework. When I finished, I logged out of my OneDrive, but somehow my whole account was connected to the computer. When I logged onto my laptop, my desktop had icons on it that were originally...
  7. Is there a way to remove a Bluetooth device from the Win+K 'Connect' interface?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove a Bluetooth device from the Win+K 'Connect' interface?: I live in an apartment. My neighbour's TV shows up in the Connect menu. Sometimes, when I'm going to click on my headphones, the TV will suddenly show up at the top of the list and I'll accidentally start connecting to it. Is there a way to blacklist a device from showing up...
  8. Bluetooth completely removed itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth completely removed itself: My motherboard is the MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WiFi and despite working previously, Bluetooth just disappeared. I tried installing Bluetooth from both the Intel and MSI site, neither worked. Bluetooth troubleshooting tells me that I can't even do Bluetooth, it's not anywhere...
  9. How to completely remove MySQL from windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to completely remove MySQL from windows 10: Hi guys. I have quite a disturbing issue. I installed MySQL due to learning it, but obviously I was too fast of creating password for the root. Because of this I wasn't able to connect to the server and wansn't able to "redo" it ether. The only way was to uninstall the whole...
  10. Bluetooth COMPLETELY Missing from Win 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth COMPLETELY Missing from Win 10 Laptop: Sorry if this is a double post, as I cannot seem to find my original I just posted. I'm not sure if the net ate it! LOL! So, I've had my ASUS x540SA notebook for about 2 months. I disabled Bluetooth a few days later as I had no need for it. I just got a BT headset, went to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to compleetly remove bluetooth from Win 10?

2. windows 10 completely remove bluetooth device