Windows 10: How to Completely Remove Dell Utilities?

Discus and support How to Completely Remove Dell Utilities? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've clean installed W10 on my Dell laptop and then installed my programs including the Dell utilities Dell Support Assist, Dell Quickset & Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve C, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

How to Completely Remove Dell Utilities?

I've clean installed W10 on my Dell laptop and then installed my programs including the Dell utilities Dell Support Assist, Dell Quickset & Dell Digital Delivery.

I eventually decided these no longer offer me anything useful and have uninstalled them. However, Autoruns is currently showing the following are loaded:

Services:
    Dell DataVault
    DellDataVaultWiz

Drivers:
    DDDriver
    DellProf

Installed Directory:
    C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDataVault

I'm no fan of software which doesn't clean up properly after uninstalling it. I've disabled the above services and all is fine but I'm wary of disabling the drivers since I decided to keep the Dell Touchpad driver.

Can I disable these drivers and better still, is there a way of completely removing the Dell services and drivers which their uninstaller has failed to remove?

:)

Steve C, Jan 18, 2016
  2. GordonB-P Win User

How do I remove Realtek COMPLETELY!!! (Dell Windows 10)

If your computer comes with a Realtek sound card, why would you want to remove the Realtek driver?

GordonB-P, Jan 18, 2016
  3. Pavel A Win User
    Pavel A, Jan 18, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

Steve,
    Create a Folder > C:\Drivers
    and then run this command

Dism /online /Export-Driver /Destination:C:\Drivers

that will export the Dell Drivers into the Drivers Folder....

Now you can delete the drivers, as you now have a backup version...

Dell Quickset, utilites and Digitial delivery - should have nothing to do with the > Synaptics Touchpad Driver

5. AnEdge Win User
    Thanks Kyhi
    That was easy and I've been looking to do that for some time...Gotta love the 10 forums!! TY

AnEdge, Jan 18, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    I've found (not that I'd recommend it) that if you try to delete drivers that are in use it fails. So you can (after exporting your drivers as @Kyhi said above) see what you have with DriverStore Explorer - Home

Delete all of them (it will fail on the ones you are using).

I do this as I run Windows on a MacBook and to be honest the only driver I need is for the trackpad. All the rest I get from MS or Intel.

I don't want drivers installed for some odd USB keyboard I'm never going to buy or graphics card that don't exist in my system.

To re-iterate though, don't do it (unless you want to).

7. Clint Win User
    Thanks Good find'

Clint, Jan 18, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

I disabled the drivers and services below in Autoruns and all is fine. I also deleted the residual Datavault folder. There are still c. 30+ references to Dell utility software left in the registry but I'm not inclined to fiddle any further. This indicates poor software design on Dell's part if the uninstaller does not remove all traces of Dell's software.

Services:
    Dell DataVault
    DellDataVaultWiz

Drivers:
    DDDriver
    DellProf

Installed Directory:
    C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDataVault

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Completely Remove Dell Utilities? - Similar Threads - Completely Remove Dell

2. How to completely remove CoCreator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely remove CoCreator?: I'm an artist, and I DO NOT support AI art. How can I disable the AI tool from Paint completely? Also, how can I set privacy settings to ensure CoCreator does NOT take my work I might do/edit in Paint as samples to create more AI art?...
  3. How to completely remove the GameBar

How to completely remove the GameBar: I tried it with a PowerShell script, even though I removed it, I still get this popup every time I open the game, and it's much more annoying than having the GameBar installed. How do I remove this popup as well?...
  4. How to completely remove the GameBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove the GameBar: I tried it with a PowerShell script, even though I removed it, I still get this popup every time I open the game, and it's much more annoying than having the GameBar installed. How do I remove this popup as well?...
  5. Dell OptiPlex 9020 & DBUtil Removal Utility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell OptiPlex 9020 & DBUtil Removal Utility: Please I would like to know what is DBUtil Removal Utility? 183419
  6. Remove password completely - sending laptop back to Dell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove password completely - sending laptop back to Dell: Hi - I need to remove the password login completely on my laptop as it is going back to the manufacturer due to a fault. The password is linked to my Microsoft account and I don't want to affect the security on my other devices. How can I remove safely on the laptop?...
  7. how to completely remove mcAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to completely remove mcAfee: So I have a sorta newish laptop that came with McAfee. I thought I uninstalled it but looking in the task manager: [ATTACH] It's still there. I type in the Windows search: [ATTACH] When going to "uninstall" it takes me to programs and McAfee isn't on there at all. When...
  8. How to Completely Remove OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Completely Remove OneDrive: I know that this seems like a somewhat strange thing to do, but I need to completely get rid of my OneDrive-related files and transfer them to C:/Users/MyUserName/, not C:/Users/MyUserName/OneDrive/ . I need to do this because I believe that my School Network interferes with...
  9. Dell Quickset Utility

Dell Quickset Utility: According to the info on the Dell website, Quickset is available only for Vista 32 bit and Win 7. It says it was last updated in 2013. Does anyone have more info re this? 67184
  10. How to completely remove Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to completely remove Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility?: I've seen that even after official uninstaller a lot of garbage is left on the HD, XTUService running etc... Who knows exactly what and where to remove if you want to finally get rid of this tool? I deleted the service with SC DELETE but "C:\Program Files...