Windows 10: How to completely remove Realtek audio drivers?

Discus and support How to completely remove Realtek audio drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using build 10240, and in the first install, it installed the Realtek audio drivers. The problem with these drivers is that they completely mess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xinayder, Jul 16, 2015.

1. xinayder Win User

How to completely remove Realtek audio drivers?

I'm using build 10240, and in the first install, it installed the Realtek audio drivers.

The problem with these drivers is that they completely mess up the sound in my headphones.

Anyways, I've tried:
    • Uninstalling the audio manager in control panel
    • Deleting the oem#.inf
    • Uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager

None of these work. When I uninstall it, the driver is just reinstalled when my computer reboots. Is there a way to remove it?

:)

xinayder, Jul 16, 2015

2. completely remove Realtek HD Audio Drivers

I have the same issue with regards wanting to uninstall Realtek driver.

I have Windows Pro 64-bit. Where in Group Policy Editor do I find what I need to do, and what should be done?

MoreThanCasualObserver, Jul 16, 2015
  3. completely remove Realtek HD Audio Drivers

I just want to remove realtek altogether!! it is messing up my other sound programs. How do i uninstall the darn thing!!!????

GraemeArchie, Jul 16, 2015
  4. 24C
    24c Win User

I think you can stop Windows update from installing hardware drivers - not 100% sure - I'm on 10240 and had NVIDIA and Realtek issue also.
    File Explorer
    right click on MY PC or whatever you named it
    Properties
    Advanced System Settings
    Hardware tab
    Device Installation Settings
    check - Never install driver software from Windows Update
    Save Changes

Good Luck.

5. DKW
    DKW Win User
    You can always try the Windows 10 drivers from the Realtek site, which may be slightly newer.
    Realtek

6. 24C
    24c Win User
    Good point.....

7. fireberd Win User
    I have an ASUS P8-Z77 LE Plus motherboard. Win 10, 10240 (and previous versions) does not cause any problems on my system.

Exactly what is "messed up" in the Sound?

fireberd, Jul 16, 2015
  8. xinayder Win User

Thanks, it worked!

xinayder, Jul 17, 2015
  9. 24C
    24c Win User
    I'm glad.

As DKW stated, checking the mfg site is always a good idea. I also check my mobo , ASUS site, for their latest offerings. With 10 still being brand new, I suspect there will be a glitch here and there with various hardware drivers etc.

10. This worked for me, but the thing I don't like about this is that it can't update any other drivers. I just want to get rid of realtek, but still be able to update.

BlindMedic, Aug 2, 2015
  11. thorastur Win User
    Well i fix the sound in windows 10 in my laptop Acer Aspire 3000 and i like to share what i did.

1) First of all you have to stop Windows 10 automatically installing drivers,use this topic of windows 7 that works in windows 10 too
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967
    2) Go to devices manager and uninstall Realtek AC97 and select delete the driver too
    3) Download this utility for hide updates in windows 10 and hide the update of Realtek audio:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
    4) Install one driver that works, in my case i used one old driver from Realtek,i uploaded it to 4shared:
    Audio_Realtek_5.10.00.5790_XPx86 - Download - 4shared - Pedro Vázquez
    I installed it right click in setup and use compability with windows xp sp3
    Then if audio service dont start go to services and look for audio service,open it and in the section start sesion change from
    system account to this account paste this NT AUTHORITY\LocalService in password put the pass of admin if you dont have one then
    leave this in blank and accept then try to start service

This is all!,i hope this works for you like me!

thorastur, Aug 3, 2015
  12. reddice Win User
    Me too I had to do the same thing. I first tried that useless Microsoft driver blocking tool that these tech sites say work but the Realtek drivers did not even show up except once which I disabled but it still installed them anyway.

I can't use the cruddy Realtek driver WU is pushing it is bad. I did try it for a few days but sound quality was just horrible, everything sounded full blast and it is a resource hog. Disable all driver updates by never installing driver software from Windows Update is the only way to keep the High Definition Audio Device driver from Microsoft which I always used. It has the best sound quality and is very lite on resources.

reddice, Aug 3, 2015
  13. How to completely remove Realtek audio drivers?

I managed to get rid of the Realtek driver on my system without disabling all driver updates.
    1. Go to the Device Manager, go to the properties of the audio device, go to the Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver. This will keep Windows from automatically reinstalling it on reboot, but it won't stop Windows Update from installing it. It should also give you a generic Microsoft audio driver that works perfectly fine, or at least it did on my laptop.
    2. Use the Show/Hide Updates tool mentioned in thoraster's post: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

quietfanatic, Aug 12, 2015
  14. reddice Win User
    I dud that but the tool dud not work. I hid the drivers using that tool but after a few minutes it reinstalled the buggy Realtek drivers and install them when I reboot the system.

reddice, Aug 12, 2015
  15. reddice: did you use the Roll Back Driver button? Getting rid of it any other way will result in it coming back after the next reboot.

I'd like to clarify: Rolling back the driver doesn't uninstall the driver from your system, it only stops using it. The Realtek driver is still sitting in my Programs and Features list, but my audio device is using the Microsoft driver. I'm not going to uninstall the Realtek driver because it might come back if I do.

quietfanatic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to completely remove Realtek audio drivers? - Similar Threads - completely remove Realtek

2. realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    realtek audio driver: Hi I think my system got confused with what audio driver to use. Now it is using nvidia audio drivers which is not what I am meant to be using. The realtek audio driver is in view show hidden devices in device manager and the logo looks like this with the faded logo. Only...
  3. realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    realtek audio driver: Hi I think my system got confused with what audio driver to use. Now it is using nvidia audio drivers which is not what I am meant to be using. The realtek audio driver is in view show hidden devices in device manager and the logo looks like this with the faded logo. Only...
  4. Realtek Audio Drivers Completely Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Drivers Completely Disappeared: Last Night I had a sort of BSOD but there was no actual Blue Screen, just the noise and the screen died, following that my PC restarted and when it opened there was no audio. Realtek audio does not show in Device manager and when I try and redownload the drivers and/or the...
  5. Remove Realtek audio driver permanently

Remove Realtek audio driver permanently: I recently installed a new motherboard ASUS Prime z390p and it installed an audio driver in my computer - RealTek audio driver. The headphones I use for gaming uses a software that enables the headphone option "7.1 Surround Sound" in the audio device settings. However since I...
  6. Realtek audio drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek audio drivers: OK so about 2-3 weeks ago I started getting errors on my laptop with my sound where all of a sudden I just hear robotic distorted audio and the only way to fix it was restarting, but it always came back. So I tried reinstalling realtek drivers through driver booster and...
  7. realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    realtek audio driver: my realtek is not working properly.even when i use wired earphones, sound still comes from laptop speakers. my version is 6.0.1.8622,and when i try to update it from device manager it says - windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed....
  8. Realtek Audio Drivers . . .

Realtek Audio Drivers . . .: My computer, is a Dell Laptop. Running Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I have, Realtek Audio Drivers, installed. They're, real nice. I have, external speakers, And, ear buds. It has a, built-in equalizer. But, earlier today. I wasn't, hearing anything. The, only thing, I was hearing....
  9. Realtek Audio Drivers :'(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio Drivers :'(: I recently bought a new XPS13 2020 model, but it came pre installed with Realtek Audio Drivers. I hate them. The audio enhancement tab is gone. Life is hard. Whenever I try to uninstall them through the device manager, I reboot, and they reappear just like magic. I just want...
  10. how to completely remove audio Driver from windows 10

how to completely remove audio Driver from windows 10: how to completely uninstall all audio drivers from windows 10 and stop windows 10 from auto install them again till i download the driver i want to install ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. completely remove realtek audio drivers

2. how to completely remove realtek drivers

3. how to remove realtek audio driver

4. how to remove completely audio driver,
  5. how to compltely uninstall realtek audio drivers,
  6. how to delete realtek audio for good off pc,
  7. how to completely remove realtek driver,
  8. how to completely remove realtek audio devices from the laptop,
  9. complete remove realtek audio driver,
  10. want to uninstall realtek audio driver and use generic,
  11. how to completely get rid of realtek 2018,