Windows 10: How to configure my SSD's in raid zero

Discus and support How to configure my SSD's in raid zero in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an ssd and I want to get another to configure it in raid zero for faster pc but I have already installed windows 10 on one, is there a way I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by darkf0xx, Dec 18, 2015.

1. darkf0xx Win User

How to configure my SSD's in raid zero

I have an ssd and I want to get another to configure it in raid zero for faster pc but I have already installed windows 10 on one, is there a way I can configure it in raid zero without having to reinstall windows?

:)

darkf0xx, Dec 18, 2015

2. I have a PC with Windows 10 on a SSD, and I plugged in an old 500GB HHD that has Win 7 on it. Can I delete the Win 7 recovery partition?

No raid configuration. Just a single ssd and hdd

Splinter577, Dec 18, 2015
  3. windows 8.1 upgrade to windows 10 on a raid 0 ssd setup

Hi

when the upgrade to windows 10 will be lunch and i start the procedure it will pick up that i am on a raid 0 ssd configuration and upgrade on it or it will mess up the raid and i will need to make a fresh install ?

carlopezzi, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

I'm not a fan of RAID but from the problems I've read about RAID it seems to me a clean install would be in order so the Operating System gets itself set up properly.

Berton, Dec 18, 2015
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    When a RAID 0 array is configured it will always be empty. When you understand how RAID 0 works this is very clear. A clean install of the OS would be necessary. What you want may be possible with some Enterprise level controllers but you are hardly likely to be using of of them.

I too am not a big fan of RAID 0. In most cases the disadvantages more than offset the performance gains.

Too many people rush into RAID without understanding the implications and later discover it isn't what they thought.

LMiller7, Dec 18, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Dec 18, 2015
  7. darkf0xx Win User
    Im not really sure I just hear all these tech people raving about it saying how great it is with two ssds in raid 0

darkf0xx, Dec 18, 2015
  8. LMiller7 Win User

@Darkfoxx

It would help a great deal if you could fill out your system specs. Without more information it is almost impossible to make any meaningful recommendations.

In any computer there will always be a performance bottleneck, a system component that is limiting performance more than any other. And when you consider that there are multiple aspects to performance there may be more than one bottleneck. Often when people do upgrades they simply upgrade what is most convenient, or cheapest, or what someone has suggested. But unless the upgrade addresses the bottleneck it may make little difference in overall system performance.

Would RAID 0 make much difference to system performance? If you have an otherwise fast system it may. Otherwise, probably not. At this point it is all just guesswork.

LMiller7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to configure my SSD's in raid zero - Similar Threads - configure SSD's raid

2. Need help Configuring RAID on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help Configuring RAID on Windows 11: I have Windows 11 installed on SSD.And 1TB HDD that has all my data.I want to create RAID on another 1TB HDDonly for Data and not OS which is on SSD.I am not a technical personbut with what I have read I have to use RAID 1.Still confused about Pool Storageand Where I can...
  3. Advice on how to copy ssd to raid array

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Advice on how to copy ssd to raid array: Hi, I have this PC on my office running Windows 10 20H2 that has some expensive software and I would like to upgrade my 128 GB SSD to a raid 1 with two 1 TB SSD's for additional capacity and safety. How should I proceed to copy my current disk directly to the raid array?...
  4. Intel PROSet/Wireless Zero Configure Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel PROSet/Wireless Zero Configure Service: Hello, I am having an issue with my computer for around 3 weeks now. When I turn my computer on and then launch an app usually an internet browser, my computer freezes for around 5 seconds, then restarts. I found that if I wait for a few minutes after launch, there will...
  5. Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10: I have read that Win 10 has the software to run a RAID 1 without a controller but it wasn't an option in Disk Management on my Windows 10 Home edition. Is this only a Win 10 Pro feature? If I buy an upgrade to convert my Home edition to Pro will 'mirroring' capability be...
  6. How do I configure SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I configure SSD: Hello, I have a SSD and 1TB hard drive on my laptop. Windows is installed on SSD, I want max performance on SSD cashing etc. How do I make sure that all is configured correctly on my laptop....
  7. Raid SSD and Trim

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid SSD and Trim: What is everyone doing with SSD's that are set up in a RAID ? Once you switch to a raid setup you loose the trim function. Is the trim function that important with the current releases of SSD drives ? 35196
  8. 1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0

1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0: In preparation for Windows 10 I plan on completely resetting my hard drive configuration since I currently have it spanning four hard drives. Right now my OS sits on a 128GB SSD while all the programs, games, photos, family videos, etc. sit on a mechanical 1TB drive. I...
  9. Raid 0 ssd drive

Raid 0 ssd drive: HI all Hope someone can help me. I have a desktop computer in raid 0 samsung ssd drive My problem I have is deleted pictures. I know that raid 0 ssd does not support trim on my p58 atx motherboard so if I delete a file I should be able to recover it? I deleted a...
  10. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd raid zero performance in windows

2. how to configure an ssd and hard drive on a laptop

3. how to raid zero

4. how do i make my ssd raid zero