Windows 10: How to confirm that black screen originates due to my video card?

Discus and support How to confirm that black screen originates due to my video card? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; ASUS Z97-A with i5-4460 @ 3.2ghz. Win10 (latest Insider build). AMD R7-200 video card. Unpredictably, my monitor goes black except for a brief message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Kupuna, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Kupuna Win User

How to confirm that black screen originates due to my video card?

ASUS Z97-A with i5-4460 @ 3.2ghz. Win10 (latest Insider build). AMD R7-200 video card.
    Unpredictably, my monitor goes black except for a brief message that there is no HDMI. Usually a cold boot is required to restart, then the system runs in a normal fashion.
    The Event Viewer doesn't show any related events. System fans and power continue to run when the screen goes black. I presume it's the video card, but before I throw a couple of hundred dollars at the problem, I'd like to know how to check if it might be something else.
    Also...what mid-range cards do you folks like for desktop and mid-range (non-twitch?) gaming? I play a lot of Witcher 3 for example-- and the video card performs adequately.
    Thanks very much.

:)

Kupuna, Jul 20, 2016

2. Connected Laptop to TV - Error message "video tdr failure" occur

Original Title: Video tdr Failure

every time I try to connect my laptop to my tv through hdmi cable my screen goes black it says disk driver failed and responded again and then the screen goes blue and says video tdr failure and the computer shuts down. Does anyone know how I might fix this?

ChloeO' Donoghue, Jul 20, 2016
  3. w9300i Win User
    Nokia 9300 - Screen display to confirm that EDGE is active

Wondering if 9300 is edge compliant? Please check the manual.

w9300i, Jul 20, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

You could remove the card and see if the graphics work with the GPU from the processor.

BunnyJ, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

1. How to confirm that black screen originates due to my video card? - Similar Threads - confirm black screen

2. Black screen due to corrupted drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen due to corrupted drivers: Hello,Yesterday I did un update and after I restarted my laptop it went into black screen just after logging in. I am able to see the pointer and get into the task manager. However I have tried pressing shift+alt+win+B and I can hear the beep and I can see the pointer...
  3. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen or Video Card?: I walked out of my office and when I came back in, the bottom half of my screen is pixelated and has vertical lines running through the bottom half and the menu bar is pink. I plugged the laptop into my TV via HDMI and the picture on my TV is fine. Does this indicate my...
  4. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen or Video Card?: I walked out of my office and when I came back in, the bottom half of my screen is pixelated and has vertical lines running through the bottom half and the menu bar is pink. I plugged the laptop into my TV via HDMI and the picture on my TV is fine. Does this indicate my...
  5. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I need confirmation for original or duplicate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need confirmation for original or duplicate.: Hi,I recently purchased WinPro 10 OEM Pack and I need confirmation is it original or duplicate.How can I get the confirmation from Microsoft's end?Can i have a Microsoft customer service email ID for OEM Pack License?...
  7. Black Screen due to driver issues

Black Screen due to driver issues: Hey there, So yesterday I updated my (very outdated) graphics driver to the latest version (previously on september 2018) and now I’ve blue screened and get a black screen after I login. I have 1 program that boots on startup and that is the only thing that shows up other...
  8. Very Frequest BSOD due to Video Card errors

Very Frequest BSOD due to Video Card errors: Hi, I have been facing very frequent(almost everyday) BSOD due to Video Card issues, following are the two issues which are bugging my system: 1. Video_Tdr_Failure 2. VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR The BSOD mostly occurs as soon as my system starts but also occurs randomly in...
  9. Graphic Card- Black Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Card- Black Screen.: Hello recently I bought Graphic card GT 710 DDR5 2GB that support max resolution 2160P I worked with that for a while until windows 10 1809 released then I download that and install it on my PC then going to install driver of Graphic card then screen goes black I tried...
  10. Black screen on old ATI video card after upgrade to 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen on old ATI video card after upgrade to 1809: Previously I was using windows 10 1803 without an issue. However after upgrading to windows 10 1809 I've noticed that my ATI x1400 that's built into this laptop will show a black screen after suspending the laptop and waking it back up. You can eventually get some screen...