Windows 10: How to connect PC over WLAN without a Router?

Discus and support How to connect PC over WLAN without a Router? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I want to transfer files between 2 Laptops over WLAN but without a Router. How to do it? WiFi Direct? How do it work in Windows 10? Thanks 67190 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adalwar, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

How to connect PC over WLAN without a Router?

Hi,
    I want to transfer files between 2 Laptops over WLAN but without a Router.
    How to do it?
    WiFi Direct? How do it work in Windows 10?
    Thanks

:)

Adalwar, Oct 16, 2016

2. Connection to Nokia PC Suite over WLAN?

With Nokia N Series (N96) and WLAN... Is it possible somehow to connect to Nokia PC Suite over WLAN (without anything else like bluetooth, infrared, usb, serial cable) or is this feature planed?

buger---01, Oct 16, 2016
  3. C3-00 cannot connect to any e-mail account.

All of a sudden I have the same problem, but on a C5-03, and also using WLAN. Everything was working fine but now when I open the mailbox from the home screen and say Yes to the question 'Connect to mailbox?" the phone shows "connecting" for a couple of
    seconds and then stops, without asking me how to connect (WLAN, GPRS etc) and without giving me any error message.

As with the earlier posts, web browsing etc is working fine. I can connect to the same email account over the same WLAN from my PC and I know that there are emails to retrieve.

What can we do?

Alan Watson

AlanWatson---01, Oct 16, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

jimbo45, Oct 17, 2016
  5. Haxcid Win User
    Haxcid, Oct 17, 2016
  6. Adalwar Win User
    Hi everyone ,
    Thank you
    All that "HotSpot" / Hostednetwork are about Access Point for Internet Sharing. Actually you can not transfer files Point to Point , P2P, as I am intending to do.

Adalwar, Oct 17, 2016
  7. Samuria Win User
    Why can't you connect with a crossover cable?

Samuria, Oct 17, 2016
  8. Adalwar Win User

Hi Samuria,
    Thank you.
    Sure, I can. And I have also a router.
    I could also do it over Bluetooth, if it were small files.
    But, I just wanted to explore the WiFi connection.

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to connect PC over WLAN without a Router? - Similar Threads - connect WLAN without

2. Router connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Router connection: I am running windows 10 with no problems except my router.My computer will not connect via ethernet using the cable supplied or any other cable.I have to use wifi instead.I have had the router checked by Vodafone & all is fine.The cables have been checked by BTOpenreach & all...
  3. Routers without WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Routers without WiFi: Hi everyone! I work at a small business and finally getting a fibre-optic connection after many decades of near dial-up speed internet. I love using access-points for WiFi as that's what I use at my house (Ubiquiti ac-pro the best i've ever had) and my cable modem router to...
  4. Laptops wont connect to internet without a router reboot

Laptops wont connect to internet without a router reboot: Both the windows 10 laptops in the household will not connect to the wi-fi without rebooting the internet modem. This is a sudden issue and hadn't been happening before. All other devices are connecting to wi-fi with no issues tablets, phones, tv etc. Once the...
  5. How to connect router 192.168.1.1 ?

How to connect router 192.168.1.1 ?: I am unable to connect to my router 192.168.1.1 which I have accessed many times in the past, but for unknown reasons I can not access it now. I have tried Firefox,chrome, IE, and Midori browsers. CISCO/Llinksys Wirless-G broadband router I am connected by blue ethernet...
  6. Connecting to the Router

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to the Router: A recent Windows Update July 2020 has left my laptop automatically connecting to the Internet via the router even at start-up, and even though the option to "Connect Automatically" is in the off position / has not been selected. Sometimes, if I do a "Restart", the machine...
  7. Connected pc invisible on router

Connected pc invisible on router: Hi, there are several devices that are regularly connected at differnt times on my home network, but one pc which doesn't show even though it is connected. No deliberate attempt to hide it has been made, and we can see no reason for it being hidden. It recently reappeared...
  8. How to connect Roku to the router?

How to connect Roku to the router?: I cannot connect my Roku smart TV to the router (I use wireless connection). I enter the password and it is correct but I keep getting a message "unable yo connect". I uninstalled the software and installed it again but with no effect...
  9. WLan Router "Overclocked"?

WLan Router "Overclocked"?: Hi, My router is N300 Mbps which means that the max transfer speed would be 8MB/s. Now, I am getting an actual speed of around 12,5 MB/s which means that router is working as N490 Mbps, although the connected speed is 300Mbps. How can it be? Is my router being some sort...
  10. connect router

connect router: how to connect router to a cable all in one modem 31167