Windows 10: How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?

Discus and support How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I connect to a shared network drive I have setup on my Windows 2012 R2 standard server at home, from my Windows 10 pro laptop is at work? Do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Georgeilots, Feb 3, 2016.

1. How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?

How do I connect to a shared network drive I have setup on my Windows 2012 R2 standard server at home, from my Windows 10 pro laptop is at work?
    Do I have to setup a vpn on windows 2012 server and connect to it from my laptop? Someone told me something about doing it that why, but I'm not sure?
    Can someone please help me out.

:)

Georgeilots, Feb 3, 2016
  2. ACC[2] Win User

Mapping Shared Network Drives

When trying to connect to a shared drive I get the message of "The specified network password is not correct" - I'm already connected to a shared drive and to the drive I am trying to connect to with another machine.

How can I fix this?

Thank you,

Alex

ACC[2], Feb 3, 2016
  3. How to access files on shared network drive from Windows 10 phone?

Hi Mihai,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

As of now, there is no option in the Windows 10 phone to open the folders on the
    shared network drive.

I suggest you to provided your valuable feedback and suggestion in the Windows Feedback app.

Please get back to us with an update on queries regarding accessing files on shared network from Windows 10 phone, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 3, 2016
  4. How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?

play2mefish, Feb 3, 2016
  5. Be sure to let us know if it worked for you too.

play2mefish, Feb 4, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The server will have to be set to stay powered on all the time (if it isn't already).

NavyLCDR, Feb 4, 2016
  7. Thanks guys, I will be trying that out later tonight, as it is my friday night now and I got two days off to play with all this.
    I'll let you know how it goes, thanks.

Georgeilots, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?

1. How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network? - Similar Threads - connect Shared Network

2. Share drive on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Share drive on network: The Windows 10 installation on a new Dell XPS is configured without the Everyone user for the C:\ object in the Security tab. So I can't share the drive. I can share folders, no problem. I tried adding Everyone, but got a series of errors related to in use files and...
  3. Can`t connect to shared network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can`t connect to shared network drive: after I updated my windows to windows 10 version 2004 I can not connect the same network drive I use to connected to before the update it says the policies or administrator of network does not allow me to connect to. INSECURE GUEST AUTH is enabled by POLICES and REGEDIT....
  4. Shared Network Drive

Shared Network Drive: I can no longer access my shred network drive. When I try to reconnect my other machine ask for credentials. Both machine use my one Microsoft account. I did not have this problem until a few days ago. Up until then it had been working fine. What is causing this problem and...
  5. Can't connect to work shared network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to work shared network drive: Hi guys, I'm trying to connect to the shared network drive so I can work from home, however I'm having a hard time doing so. I keep getting an error stating Windows cannot access .... Check the spelling of the name, otherwise there may be a problem with your network. This...
  6. Network Name Not Found-- Error when connecting to shared drives

Network Name Not Found-- Error when connecting to shared drives: Hello, we have a file server that haas a lot of shared drives and they are mapped to the users profile via GPO, but of lately intermittently some users report loosing access to the mapped drive, they get the error "Network Name Not Found" the Connection has not been...
  7. shared network drive

shared network drive: I am using Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.292 and have set up my home private network. Why do I have to keep doing a network reset on my main computer in order for my notebook to be able to connect to my shared usb drive?...
  8. Network Connection to Shared Drive No Longer Working

Network Connection to Shared Drive No Longer Working: At our company we have a Windows 7 computer that has a shared drive. Everyone in the company has access to it. Last week I lost access to this shared drive. When I click on the mapped drive I get the message, "An error occurred while connecting to S: to \\server...
  9. Network Sharing and Connecting

Network Sharing and Connecting: I'm Not Able To Connect Other Devices In Same Wifi Network I Tried To Change My PC Settings But Still Facing Same Issue. Can Anyone Suggest Me what I Should Do To Solve This Problem So I Can See Other Device Data and To Use Printer As Well....
  10. Sharing network connection

Sharing network connection: Hello, I'm wondering if anyone is having issues with sharing their internet connection with other devices after a recent update to Windows 10. After installing KB3176936 and KB3176934, I am unable to share my network. My current setup has my laptop connected to the home...