Windows 10: How to connect two monitors to PC?

Discus and support How to connect two monitors to PC? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently got a new PC, and i have 2 monitors i want to connect. one is VGA and one is HDMI. The only thing is, my PC only has one HDMI, one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ainsley, Feb 28, 2018.

1. ainsley Win User

How to connect two monitors to PC?

I recently got a new PC, and i have 2 monitors i want to connect. one is VGA and one is HDMI. The only thing is, my PC only has one HDMI, one DisplayPort and one DVI. The VGA monitor (which I want to use as my main monitor)
    is currently plugged in with a VGA to HDMI adapter, which means i can't plug in the HDMI monitor. I looked at HDMI splitters, but from what i can tell, they just have the same picture on both monitors. Could I get a HDMI to DisplayPort, or a HDMI to DVI? Would that work?
    Any help very much appreciated.

:)

ainsley, Feb 28, 2018
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Feb 28, 2018
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Cannot connect two monitors to laptop on Windows 10

this may be a hardware limitation. check with the manufacturer.

some graphics cards can only handle two monitors (in your case the laptop screen and one other) irrespective of how many (different) ports you have.

in other words you can use either the display port or the vga but not both at the same time.

Martmcd, Feb 28, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Feb 28, 2018
  5. Plankton Win User
    As mentioned you need to use another adapter....either a VGA to DP or VGA to DVI adapter.

Hey spunk.....you link doesn't work. It doesn't highlight at all.

Plankton, Feb 28, 2018
  6. Rocky Win User
    I would use the DVI port for my main monitor if I were you.

Rocky, Feb 28, 2018
  7. Rocky Win User
    Rocky, Feb 28, 2018
  8. bobkn Win User

What kind of DVI port does the PC have? If it's DVI-I, you can use a cheap passive DVI to VGA adapter. (DVI-I has analog video present, which is what VGA uses. DVI-D only has digital video.)

The plug the HDMI monitor into the HDMI port.

bobkn, Mar 1, 2018
  9. Helmut Win User
    You can only use a DVI-I port directly to VGA, the DVI-D is digital only. With DVI-D you will need an adapter for digital to analogue conversion. That seems to be for all GTX 1050 cards assuming what's listed in your specs is correct.
    VGA is now a legacy connection.

With DVI-D you will need an active adapter for digital to analogue conversion. A specific DVI-D to VGA adapter lead including some electronics.
    Like this -
    https://www.amazon.com/CableDeconn-A...to+VGA+adapter

Helmut, Mar 2, 2018
  10. bobkn Win User
    Similar to the adapter the OP must be using to connect the VGA monitor to an HDMI port.

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to connect two monitors to PC? - Similar Threads - connect monitors

2. Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected: I have already found a solution on this, but I thought it could be helpful for other people struggling with the same problem.A certain app on my laptop didn't seem to notice that my second monitor wasn't connected anymore, so when I launched it the app kept opening on the...
  3. Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected: I have already found a solution on this, but I thought it could be helpful for other people struggling with the same problem.A certain app on my laptop didn't seem to notice that my second monitor wasn't connected anymore, so when I launched it the app kept opening on the...
  4. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.: [System Not Detecting]OS: Windows 10 EnterpriseGraphic Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics[System detecting]OS: Windows 10 HomeGraphic Card: Intel UHD graphics 620 + NVIDIA GeForce MX130One of my systems doesn't detects any monitor connected through the display ports whereas other...
  5. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.: [System Not Detecting]OS: Windows 10 EnterpriseGraphic Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics[System detecting]OS: Windows 10 HomeGraphic Card: Intel UHD graphics 620 + NVIDIA GeForce MX130One of my systems doesn't detects any monitor connected through the display ports whereas other...
  6. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  8. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  9. Bad resolution when i connect my laptop to a 1366x768 LG monitor why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad resolution when i connect my laptop to a 1366x768 LG monitor why?: I have a LG 28TQ515S with native resolution 1366x768, and i have it connected to my Laptop Asus Vivobook on Windows 11 23H2. I have tried the connection via a Dock and also directly via HDMI but i get the same result: bad grainy resolution on the LG monitor. These are the...
  10. Bad resolution when i connect my laptop to a 1366x768 LG monitor why?

Bad resolution when i connect my laptop to a 1366x768 LG monitor why?: I have a LG 28TQ515S with native resolution 1366x768, and i have it connected to my Laptop Asus Vivobook on Windows 11 23H2. I have tried the connection via a Dock and also directly via HDMI but i get the same result: bad grainy resolution on the LG monitor. These are the...