Windows 10: How to control windows on remote monitor

Discus and support How to control windows on remote monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have two monitors, with one set up in another room. I would like to be able to control the second monitor in “extend display” mode. I hope that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cathy, May 28, 2017.

1. cathy Win User

How to control windows on remote monitor

I have two monitors, with one set up in another room. I would like to be able to control the second monitor in “extend display” mode. I hope that there are shortcuts for this but am not finding them.

I realize that I can do this by duplicating the display but think that there must be an easier way.

Thank you for suggestions.

:)

cathy, May 28, 2017
  2. Hefal Win User

Wrong colors all around a system except YouTube videos

Hey,

It has literally nothing to do with remote function - it is a workaround to control colors on other monitor because of bad colors on laptops monitor.

cheers

Hefal, May 28, 2017
  3. Ghost like cursor virus HELP!!!!

Are you using any external mouse for the device?

Have you installed any remote control or remote monitoring software?

Are you facing this issue when you are not connected to internet too?

Cyber_Defend_Team, May 28, 2017
  4. How to control windows on remote monitor

"Control" as in what exactly? How is he second monitor connected to the PC?

alphanumeric, May 29, 2017
  5. cathy Win User
    Sorry not to have been clearer. I want to be able to control what is showing or playing on the remote monitor. For example, I would like to choose a video, start or stop a video, or maximize a window.

The remote monitor is connected by a VGA cable.

Looking forward to your advice.

cathy, May 29, 2017
  6. Ok, you likely need something like display fusion or similar to do that. DisplayFusion I've never used it myself but I've heard it mentioned here. I don't know how to do what you want from Windows natively.

alphanumeric, May 29, 2017
  7. cathy Win User
    OK. I will try Display Fusion.

Thank you for your help.

cathy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to control windows on remote monitor

1. How to control windows on remote monitor - Similar Threads - control remote monitor

2. Remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote control: Hello guys,I would like to know how can i connect remote and i would also take advantage of what windows do i have and what programs do you recomment. Thank you very muchI also would like to know what is betterApple.comGoodle.comMicrosoftWord.Thank you very much and looking...
  3. Remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote control: Hello guys,I would like to know how can i connect remote and i would also take advantage of what windows do i have and what programs do you recomment. Thank you very muchI also would like to know what is betterApple.comGoodle.comMicrosoftWord.Thank you very much and looking...
  4. How to remote control with admin permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remote control with admin permission: I administer five Windows 11 machines used by folks with only standard user accounts I have the admin account on all five computers. I'm looking for a way to be able to remotely authorize an app installation. When the admin password credentials box comes up on their end,...
  5. How to remote control with admin permission

How to remote control with admin permission: I administer five Windows 11 machines used by folks with only standard user accounts I have the admin account on all five computers. I'm looking for a way to be able to remotely authorize an app installation. When the admin password credentials box comes up on their end,...
  6. remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  7. remote control

remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  8. hacked and remote controlled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hacked and remote controlled?: i just came to my notebook and i think that the mousepointer did move somehow.. i also then remebered that sometimes when i turn my pc off it suddenly starts some time after and shuts down again then. what also was very wierd that 3 weeks ago the built in camera wouldnt work...
  9. Remote control

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote control: I need some help with remote control desktop. I have Win 10 Pro. I am trying to various family members with their pc's, which are Win 10 Home. If they download the Remote Desktop app from the windows store, will i then be able to sign onto their computers? Thanks. pmh...
  10. Remote Control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Control: My daughter lives some miles from me and is even less computer savvy than myself. It would be handy if I could sometimes have remote control of her laptop to assist her, in the manner that assistance has been given to me in the past by Microsoft. Her laptop O/S is Windows 10...