Windows 10: How to copy and sync my documents to a different location

Discus and support How to copy and sync my documents to a different location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I understand there are lots of articles on how to move my documents (or other personal folders) to another location - what I'm interested in is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pc mess up, Nov 4, 2016.

1. How to copy and sync my documents to a different location

I understand there are lots of articles on how to move my documents (or other personal folders) to another location - what I'm interested in is creating another folder in a different partition and have my documents folder files copied (not moved) to the other folder/partition. Then have the two folders synced periodically to keep them up to date. Is that possible?
    Note that I've heard people say it can be done with one of those cloud storage services like dropbox. I'm more interested in having it on my computer rather than in the cloud.

Thanks.

:)

pc mess up, Nov 4, 2016

2. How to sync only .txt files as document type?

As far as I know, the sync can not differentiate between different types of documents. When you choose sync documents, it syncs all those files that are located in the documents folder

Jack Cook

http://www.experiencemobility.net

http://www.mobilitysite.com

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 4, 2016
  3. mpcm2218 Win User
    how do i copy my documents to a flash drive?

I am trying to copy all of documents from word to a flash drive without having to do them individually. this was once a simple task.

mpcm2218, Nov 4, 2016
  4. How to copy and sync my documents to a different location

TairikuOkami, Nov 4, 2016
  5. Samuria Win User
    Use built in robocopy it will do that and you can gdt a GUI for it now

Samuria, Nov 4, 2016
  6. Thanks guys. I just realized what I was thinking about was actually "backup"! Will look up your links and other backup software too.

pc mess up, Nov 4, 2016
  7. Cornishman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to copy and sync my documents to a different location

1. How to copy and sync my documents to a different location - Similar Threads - copy sync documents

2. How to revert documents location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to revert documents location?: I accidentally set my Drive D: as the "Documents" location, it was not my intention it was supposed to be a folder in the Drive. How can i revert the changes?...
  3. How to revert documents location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert documents location?: I accidentally set my Drive D: as the "Documents" location, it was not my intention it was supposed to be a folder in the Drive. How can i revert the changes?...
  4. How to revert documents location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive documents syncing with my sons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive documents syncing with my sons: How do I stop my files on onedrive displaying in my sons onedrive account? I have created 3 accounts, one for each of my boys and then mine. Only one of them has full access to my files, I have already checked for syncing and sharing on my account and I am not sharing with...
  6. document location

document location: so i unlicked my PC from one drive, but the location is still in "C:\Users\potet\OneDrive" i can not relocate it, it always tells me “” . It means "the adress has a unmovable file, cant move to this folder" i also cant write my game configs in to the document folders...
  7. How to save my captures to a different location

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save my captures to a different location: The default is set to a Temp folder in the os drive so whatever i do. Another temp folder is made https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-my-captures-to-a-different-location/2d673a43-94b2-4bd1-a213-e9c25e79b018
  8. Location of my documents

Location of my documents: I just purchased a new HP Paviliona laptop with a 128 G SSD Drive C and a 1TB HD Drive D. It appears the default location for "My Documents" and "Outlook Folders" is on the C drive. SInce it is the smaller drive, I would rather put "My Documents" on the larger D drive. I...
  9. Sequential copy/move to different locations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sequential copy/move to different locations: Anyone know if it is possible to have a multiple files/folder copied to different locations sequentially? For example folder c:\music\ABBA copied to f:\music\ABBA and then copy c:\downloads\archives to g:\archives and then copy f:\games to g:\games. If I select those files...
  10. How to set different network locations

How to set different network locations: When I'm at home I want to have static IP set - I use 192.168.1.10 for this laptop for example. When I'm out of the house (and connected to a different public Wifi) I want to not use the static IP but let the place I connect to choose it. Today it was 192.168.2.xxx. With...