Windows 10: How to copy encrypted, password protected file to a remote server?

Discus and support How to copy encrypted, password protected file to a remote server? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an encrypted and password protected file. The directory and entire file structure is encrypted. I guess that means that the directory is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pokeefe0001, Nov 16, 2016.

1. How to copy encrypted, password protected file to a remote server?

I have an encrypted and password protected file. The directory and entire file structure is encrypted. I guess that means that the directory is password protected and all subdirectories and files are encrypted. I want to get a copy out on an FTP server without encrypting it. I think, with that description, I've just convinced myself it can't be done because, without decrypting the subdirectories there is no way to find the files. So let's say I'm willing to take a partition backup but have it on on an network-connected device that Windows can't see as a mounted drive. As far as I know, FTP knows about files and directories; it can't do whatever raw reads are required for partition copies. Acronis True Image can take partition backups to an FTP server, but it breaks the backup file into 2GB chunks, FTPs each separately, and under some circumstances, fails to close the individual connections. I'm trying to FTP over 600GB of data. By the time it has a couple hundred FTP data connections, my poor FTP server freezes. So Acronis is out until this bug is fixed. Is there any backup or copy products (that run on Windows) that can take partition copies and send them to a server without using Samba (or anything else that would allow Windows to access the storage as a mounted drive)?

:)

pokeefe0001, Nov 16, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Nov 16, 2016
  3. and VBPL Win User
    Password protecting and/or encrypting a file

I'm a new user of Windows 10 and I have a file with lots of sensitive information that I want to protect with the extra security of encryption or password protection. In Excel I can encrypt a file but for some reason I can't seem to find a way to either
    password protect a document or encrypt it. Example: I wrote out all my passwords on a sheet of paper and took a picture of it. On my cell phone I password protected it to access it and I want to do something similar on Windows 10 files. When I did a search,
    it said encryption is not an option on Windows 10....true? If that's not, how can I password protect my file/picture?

Many thanks. Slowly, I'm learning Windows 10!!!

and VBPL, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

How to copy encrypted, password protected file to a remote server?

1. How to copy encrypted, password protected file to a remote server? - Similar Threads - copy encrypted password

2. Is there anyway to password protect MS files without encryption?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to password protect MS files without encryption?: A little background: 3 years ago I used 7Zip Free to encrypt 15 years of data. I cannot access the data now because data is corrupt so extremely hesitate to encrypt anything....
  3. Is there anyway to password protect MS files without encryption?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there anyway to password protect MS files without encryption?: A little background: 3 years ago I used 7Zip Free to encrypt 15 years of data. I cannot access the data now because data is corrupt so extremely hesitate to encrypt anything....
  4. Is there anyway to password protect MS files without encryption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. copying EFS files encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copying EFS files encrypted files: Hello,i am studying for the md-100 exam and came across this posthttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/efs-copying-moving-files/a013bd25-fca9-475c-a4aa-15b8e2de3b51Here it states that any user can move encrypted files on the same drive.However ik tested this...
  6. encrypt a file with a password

encrypt a file with a password: What's the best way to encrypt a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-a-file-with-a-password/20fe0fe8-8a09-4094-9d20-a839cfd9bffd
  7. Copying and transferring encrypted files

Copying and transferring encrypted files: I am trying to move a series of encrypted image and pdf files used within a FileMaker Pro database from my Dell Windows 10 Pro 2015 laptop to a flash drive and then to my Dell Window 10 Home 2020 desktop computer. Each of the file icons have a little lock image on them. I was...
  8. encrypt password files

encrypt password files: Hello. I have downloaded a Zip File from the internet and i want to extract it, but then come a window: ,,This file is password protectet, enter password''. I dont know the passwort! Please help me! Thanks, Andre...
  9. how can i password protect/encrypt a folder?

how can i password protect/encrypt a folder?: i want to encrypt/ password protect a folder, but when i try to turn on encryption for the folder the area is greyed out, i downloaded winrar and 7zip but when i try to password protect or encrypt the folder it says folder not found, i edited the registry, i used encryption0...
  10. Reflect image password protection and encryption...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reflect image password protection and encryption...: Licensed Macrium Reflect v.7.1.2885 on Windows 10 Professional, 64-bits... The system has three drives for different purposes, such as system, business and personal data. Yes, a dual purpose small business PC... The current schedule creates a full image of all of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server encrypted data mac how to copy

2. how to copy a encrypted to the desktop