Windows 10: How to copy Live Mail content from external old clone to new computer?

Discus and support How to copy Live Mail content from external old clone to new computer? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, my old laptop died and I have the HDD in an external caddy. I previously used Live Mail and want to transfer contacts and emails from it to Live... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by NikolaiDante, Jan 7, 2017.

1. How to copy Live Mail content from external old clone to new computer?

Hi, my old laptop died and I have the HDD in an external caddy. I previously used Live Mail and want to transfer contacts and emails from it to Live Mail on my new laptop. The new laptop has a clean install of Live Mail, untouched with nothing set up on it yet.

I hadn't set up any backups or export files for Live Mail before the laptop died. Any help much appreciated.

:)

NikolaiDante, Jan 7, 2017
  2. 7thSense Win User

Windows Phone 8.1 email application update statu

Correct. The workaround (until this is implemented in WP) would be to create a new mail and copy/paste the mail contents from the old mail into the new one.

7thSense, Jan 7, 2017
  3. micklx Win User
    People - How do you import contacts into People for Windows 10?

Hi.

I have copied my Contacts folder from my old Windows Vista PC to my new Windows 10 PC. The contacts were in the "contacts" folder in mail on the old PC and they are now in a folder labelled "contacts" on my new PC. Each of my contacts is saved as a file
    of the ".contacts" type.

(My old Vista PC actually stopped working. I had to copy the contacts folder over from an external back-up; I can no longer directly access the contents of my old Vista PC).

The new mail programme in Windows 10 uses "People" to access contacts, but I cannot make People find, see, use, copy or import my Contacts folder or its contents.

My new computer is:

Acre Aspire T3-710

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i5 6400 CPU

64 bit

12.0 GB ram

3 TB hard drive

Kind regards.

micklx, Jan 7, 2017
  4. How to copy Live Mail content from external old clone to new computer?

I looked again and found this posted previously by Bastet: "The easiest way I've found is on the old computer to save the WLMail folder under C:\Users\yourcomputername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ & then when you've set up WLMail on the new computer, open it to create a new folder & under the above file location there should be the Windows Live Mail folder, delete the folder & paste the saved WLMail folder from your old PC & when you next open WLMail it'll have all your accounts & mail available, you will have to enter the password for each account but that's fine."

Apologies for making this thread, but I didn't find Bastet's post easily, so maybe my new thread title and posting that again here might help someone out. What I did find on reading around though, was that Microsoft seem to be wanting to move away from offline email clients towards web-based email services. Not so keen on that myself.

NikolaiDante, Jan 7, 2017
Thema:

How to copy Live Mail content from external old clone to new computer?

1. How to copy Live Mail content from external old clone to new computer? - Similar Threads - copy Live Mail

2. How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...: As per title, live mail was default mail client on the old PC whereas Outlook is default mail on the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-or-copy-the-autocomplete-list-to/90dc4923-c491-484b-9ac9-809ccb93a077
  3. How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...: As per title, live mail was default mail client on the old PC whereas Outlook is default mail on the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-or-copy-the-autocomplete-list-to/90dc4923-c491-484b-9ac9-809ccb93a077
  4. How do I connect a new SSD to computer to clone old SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I connect a new SSD to computer to clone old SSD?: I have a Dell Precision 5510 with a 512 GB SSD. I have ordered a new 1 TB SSD from Dell, on which I want to clone my 512 GB drive. I'm using EaseUS software for the cloning operation. I've contacted Dell and made sure I have the correct SSD on order. I have never done this...
  5. windows 10 pro on old computer same on new computer. Can I clone my old drive and copy it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro on old computer same on new computer. Can I clone my old drive and copy it...: want old drive and programs installed on new computers drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-on-old-computer-same-on-new/71f33ab3-1df3-47de-93fe-5891a03218da
  6. How to activate Windows Live Mail on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to activate Windows Live Mail on a new computer?: Just got a new computer. On the old computer we had Windows Live Mail for our email. I can't seem to make it work on our new computer.' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-windows-live-mail-on-a-new/a983ccc8-703d-4144-8dfa-cef572a3c75b
  7. moving content from old to new computer

moving content from old to new computer: I have a very old DellOptiplex 360 desktop with windows 10 and am finally getting rid of it. I need to switch all my content over to my new Dell desktop. I forgot how to do this. I need to switch over outlook emails, all documents, all videos, all docs saved directly on my...
  8. move windows live mail from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    move windows live mail from old computer to new computer: How do I move all my mail from one computer to another https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-live-mail-from-old-computer-to-new/46dc2d52-dca5-466b-86bf-b737d313cc2f"
  9. how to copy pictures from dvd to new computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to copy pictures from dvd to new computer.: in win 10, how to copy pictures from dvd to new computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ii/1745e9e2-9b30-4ffd-8d0e-4620b7ffe8a3"
  10. Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail

Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail: Hi, How to get old mails and mail folders from "Windows live Mail" & "Outlook 2007" to "Mail" app in Windows 10. Thanks Prashant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mails-from-windows-live-mail-to-mail/22773ad1-1b23-486e-bcae-3143c4216a58