Windows 10: How to create a data backup in Win 10

Discus and support How to create a data backup in Win 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When I was on Win 7, I used Norton Security Suite that included backup tools that I used to backup all my data. I'm now on Win 10 and have decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by shobuddy, Aug 11, 2015.

1. shobuddy Win User

How to create a data backup in Win 10

When I was on Win 7, I used Norton Security Suite that included backup tools that I used to backup all my data. I'm now on Win 10 and have decided to use the MS security tools instead of Norton (not sure if this is a good idea or not so feel free to chime in). I think Win 10 provides backup tools and am wondering if there is a tutorial available on how use them. I did a search on this forum and Google but did not find much though its quite possible I overlooked something.

:)

shobuddy, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Sohail1 Win User

Windows 10 Backup.

Andre,

Pls can you explain HOW one can create system image in Win 10? Just saying one can create system image without explaining how this can be done in Win 10 is not very helpful. You can do a back up BUT this only backups up your data files and NOT the Win 10
    OS

Sohail

Sohail1, Aug 11, 2015
  3. How to create a backup in Windows 10?

Hi Philip,

As you are trying to create backup of Windows 10 operating system we will help you with this issue.

I recommend you to refer to the Microsoft help articles below and check if it helps.

Back up and restore your files

And,

Backup and Restore in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to post for further assistance on creating the backup, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Are you talking about real data such as pictures and music? Or are you referring to your OS as data?

Rocky, Aug 12, 2015
  5. shobuddy Win User
    I'm referring to data such as pictures, music, ms office files, etc.

That said, if there's a way to backup an image of the whole things (including OS), I'd like to explore that as well. But I'm primarily interested in backing up my files as mentioned above.

shobuddy, Aug 12, 2015
  6. vijaykhai Win User
    I am NOT sure I understand your question completely ! What is wrong with Settings -> Backup & Restore where

1. Do Create System Image - to copy Windows OS only

2. Copy My PC -> Libraries for Data only

3. Do Backup for both ?

vijaykhai, Aug 12, 2015
  7. shobuddy Win User
    The backup and restore option says Windows 7. Does it apply to Win 10 as well?

How to create a data backup in Win 10 [​IMG]

shobuddy, Aug 12, 2015
  8. DavidG Win User

Yes, mine also says Windows 7. My computer came with Windows 8 - I upgraded to 8.1 (Windows 7 was NEVER installed on my computer. I have also read Windows 7 backups work on Windows 10 systems. (Read my second image.)

DavidG, Aug 12, 2015
  9. vijaykhai Win User
    YES very much so - obviously same utility being used. I have not only been doing backups since 29th July but also succesfully RESTORED from my System Images also. Hope this reassures you.

vijaykhai, Aug 12, 2015
  10. Boozad Win User
Thema:

1. How to create a data backup in Win 10 - Similar Threads - create data backup

2. Windows created backup Image - win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows created backup Image - win 10: Hi, I have in fact never used the windows image backup.I am wondering if the backup image that windows creates from "Back up or restore your files" in the control panel can be used to create a new hdd/ssd for the laptop in case it needs to be replaced,where the existing...
  3. Creating Data Backup - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating Data Backup - Windows 10: I have an SDD (C-Drive) for running all my Windows 10 applications with a system restore setup. I do not keep much data on that, and I am not so concerned. However, I also have sub-drive (E-Drive) for data only and have 2 other drives (F&G Drive) of same size that I would...
  4. How to create a universal backup ?

How to create a universal backup ?: Hi, I want to create a universal backup so that I can restore Windows 10 on any machine with a different hardware. I have heard that apparently Windows 10 is better with hardware changes now in comparison to Windows 7 where system would either bluescreen or be stuck in a...
  5. Win 10 backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 backup: Why does win 10 backup not happen when scheduled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-backup/8837fd0f-be09-4b5f-ae97-29da44c97fd4
  6. backup data

backup data: i reset my leptop(windows 10) , then all drives data is wipe out now how to bake that all data ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-data/4e9ee438-ef2d-442b-b3f7-f48c2f87ec33
  7. win 10 backup and creating sys image

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 backup and creating sys image: when i create sys image and or backup manually in box on top reads back and restore (windows 7) but i am using win 10 please explain also i have it set to back up daily in setting and it shows last back up was three months ago. any ideas?...
  8. backup win 10

backup win 10: ok I am going to reset the pc and want to know how do I backup my all settings after reinstalling and how do I restore when needed 2.microsoft edge frequently creates problem of not loading any site why so? I restarted pc and it works why...
  9. Win 10 Backup

Win 10 Backup: Using "Backup and Restore (Windows 7) on my Windows 10 System on my Lenovo Laptop, I received the error message. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser0\Contacts. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002)) Backup encountered a problem while backing...
  10. How do I create a backup of system and data files?

How do I create a backup of system and data files?: Pardon me if this is a question already addressed in the forum. I've looked at the tutorials including "How to Create a System Image in Windows 10" and am not sure that what I want to do is totally addressed. A redirect or reference to a URL away from this forum is fine. I...