Windows 10: How to create a reboot shortcut?

Discus and support How to create a reboot shortcut? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I found that one can shorten the steps of shutting down windows by creating a shortcut on the desktop. by using this command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pintree3, Feb 17, 2016.

1. pintree3 Win User

How to create a reboot shortcut?

I found that one can shorten the steps of shutting down windows by creating a shortcut on the desktop.
    by using this command "%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0"
    The shutdown exe file can be found in the directory above. I thought I may be able to create a similar shortcut but there is no 'reboot.exe' file in this directory so I assume it must have a different name. There are 4 files with the word 'boot' in it perhaps it is one of those. Can anyone help me with this?
    Thanks

:)

pintree3, Feb 17, 2016
  2. Smittychat., Feb 17, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Create a batch file to automatically reboot to a dual boot option

You should be able to set the dual boot order in the BIOS.

lacrumb, Feb 17, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

Phone Man, Feb 17, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 17, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Feb 21, 2016
  7. Phone Man Win User
    Just for clarity:

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Feb 21, 2016
  8. pintree3 Win User

A thought just occurred to me (since u were so great in helping with the other 2 short cuts How to create a reboot shortcut? :), What about a shortcut for "sleep"?

pintree3, Mar 1, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
  10. pintree3 Win User
    Thanks buddy (it says something about turning off hibernate, but I don't see such a thing on W10. I''l let all know if it doesn't work.

pintree3, Mar 1, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. How to create a reboot shortcut? - Similar Threads - create reboot shortcut

2. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  3. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  4. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  6. Create shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create shortcut: Dell Inspiron 15 3505 laptop with WIndows 10 Build 19042.685 Today I have added Foobar2000, via Microsoft Store, to the laptop. I am having difficulty finding how to create a shortcut on for Foobar2000. I cannot find the exe either; I would use this to create a shortcut if...
  7. how to create shortcut on desktop

how to create shortcut on desktop: I need to create short cuts on my sesk top of URLs and programs frequently used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-shortcut-on-desktop/7bd2975a-3d10-48f3-94e4-1bc2009430ea
  8. create shortcuts

create shortcuts: How do I create a shortcut easily as was done in earlier programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts/31eee41e-7dfe-4726-bff4-c5ea4af40c28
  9. How to create shortcuts for start menu?

in Browsers and Email
    How to create shortcuts for start menu?: I am at my wits end with this issue: I started to populate my start menu with shortcuts (tiles) for things like google finance, flagler live news, etc..all websites by hitting "pin to start" in the new edge browser. I have now made Opera my default browser, so now I...
  10. How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?: In Windows 8 and previous, we could execute the Task Switcher shortcut to programmatically bring up the Alt-Tab window without needing to press Alt-Tab. NOTE: This shortcut is located in: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and is still...