Windows 10: How To Create A Shortcut That Executes The "Undo" Command

Discus and support How To Create A Shortcut That Executes The "Undo" Command in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, just a quick request. Does anyone know how to create a shortcut that I can open that will run the "Undo" command? For example: Suppose you have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Aug 7, 2017.

1. pepanee Win User

How To Create A Shortcut That Executes The "Undo" Command

Hi, just a quick request. Does anyone know how to create a shortcut that I can open that will run the "Undo" command?

For example:
    Suppose you have File Explorer open and delete a file from a folder. You can right click in that folder and click on "Undo Delete" to have that file come right back into the folder from the Recycle Bin. I want to create a file that when I double click it, it will act the same as if I did Right Click > Undo Delete.

Does anyone know how I can do this please?

Thanks

:)

pepanee, Aug 7, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Aug 7, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Aug 7, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. You're speaking of the File Explorer Context Menu. It would have to be done with a script in a .reg file to add to the Registry, which probably can be done, but so many discontinue to work from build to build.

Tony K, Aug 7, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    Hi.

Yes you're right, the File Explorer Context Menu. Can you find me the reg info if possible? But I was also thinking of something along these lines:

Right Click > New > Shortcut
    Then in the text field, insert: C:\Windows\explorer.exe [and with some argument after, where it would run the Undo command]

Do you know anything like this?

pepanee, Aug 7, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Sorry, I wouldn't know for I don't write code and from what I understand it's a very complicated process. That's not to say it can't be done. Here's a search result that may lead you in the right direction and possibly someone who would know.

reg files to add to file explorer context menu - Bing

Also, I know some members that do write code and may chime in here with more info.

Good luck. *Smile

Tony K, Aug 7, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    Oh I see what you mean now actually. I want a Desktop Icon that I can double click on that will execute the Undo command. It's already in the right click context menu, so I don't need to add another one there.

pepanee, Aug 7, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

@pepanee

My apology. LOL. It finally sunk in with what you're after. I'm a keyboarder and rarely use the mouse unless I'm forced to as with a browser. I do all these command actions with keyboard combo keys shortcuts or single keys.

There is indeed a drop-down command menu in File Explorer for undo, redo, delete, properties, new folder, and rename commands on the Title Bar. In the snip below I have it set below the ribbon. Checkmark them to expose them on that command bar.

File Explorer is a navigational program of the system whereas the Desktop is not. It's a screen that's treated as a folder in File Explorer. Therefore I'm not sure whether you can place an undo or any other command shortcut on the Desktop for File Explorer or any other program. However, logically you would have to find where those/any command shortcuts are to place in/on the Desktop. Keep in mind that this is all part of the UI.

Hope that helps you a little of what you're looking for.

How To Create A Shortcut That Executes The "Undo" Command [​IMG]

Tony K, Aug 8, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    Hi thanks for the reply. Yes, I was seeing if I could use that option you just mentioned, but for my project that I'm doing, its limited really. The "undo command" doesn't really have to be on the Desktop, I can place it in any folder. The whole thing is that this idea I want to use with a macro that I'm running. I use Macro Express, yet there's no "Undo Delete" function in there that would undo a deleted file in File Explorer.

I need to run a macro that executes the "Undo Delete" function if another macro accidentally deletes a file. You see, in Macro Express, to do an "Undo Delete" function, I would have to make the macro open up File Explorer, press CTRL+Z, and close File Explorer, which is kinda messy. Whereas it would be much more convenient to have a small file that I can have the macro run that file. That file that runs would do an "Undo Delete" command. That would work very perfectly in this project.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to do. It's a bit complicated as you can see. Sorry if I sounded unclear and confusing =)

pepanee, Aug 8, 2017
  10. Tony K Win User
    Yes, I see you're trying to cut down on steps to be taken. I'm only familiar with macros in Office programs, so I'm limited to those.

Perhaps write Macro Express to see what they think? I know macros can be written.

BTW, ingenious sig you have there. *Smile

Tony K, Aug 8, 2017
  11. pepanee Win User
    I see. I learned a few macros sometime back then in Microsoft Excel, but I have no clue what they were, it was all school work that one time. Hah.

And yes, you right. I never thought of posting and asking on Macro Express' forums. Stupid me lol.

And glad you like the signature =D As a matter of fact, there's more to it than one may assume.
    **Hint Hint** Highlight the whole signature with your mouse!

pepanee, Aug 8, 2017
  12. Tony K Win User
    Don't be hard on yourself. You simply didn't think of it. That's why we have forums to help one another.

From what I understand macros are scripts of code that cuts down on repetitiveness. e.g. Auto Fill I guess would be one.

I see what you mean on the sig. Great idea!

Please let me know if you come up with something. It'll be interesting to see results.

Tony K, Aug 8, 2017
  13. pepanee Win User

pepanee, Aug 8, 2017
  14. Tony K Win User
    Ok good. Hopefully you'll get an answer.

*Thumbs on the sig!

Tony K, Aug 8, 2017
  15. pepanee Win User
    So a random idea popped in my head.. I said to myself that if the program Macro Express can make a Operating System (hidden) window active, and press Control+z, then that would be perfect! I found a random program called "Program Manager" within Windows 10, which I hope is always running all the time, that I can focus onto, Ctrl+Z, then reset the focus back on my image program. It works so nicely so far!

Yay =)

How To Create A Shortcut That Executes The "Undo" Command [​IMG]

pepanee, Aug 13, 2017
Thema:

1. How To Create A Shortcut That Executes The "Undo" Command - Similar Threads - Create Shortcut Executes

2. How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?: Hello Microsoft community,I have a big problem in my Windows 10 Pro, I wrote something wrong in the Command Prompt idk How to write in english and when I try tô do any actions that restart the notebook or turn It of, the spinning thing doesnt appear and It never...
  3. How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?: Hello Microsoft community,I have a big problem in my Windows 10 Pro, I wrote something wrong in the Command Prompt idk How to write in english and when I try tô do any actions that restart the notebook or turn It of, the spinning thing doesnt appear and It never...
  4. Execution Command Save

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Execution Command Save: after execution Window Store missing command how will I save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/execution-command-save/f4fb6838-4af5-4c67-8821-ec6d6b8859de
  5. Execution Command Save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Execution Command Save: after execution Window Store missing command how will I save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/execution-command-save/f4fb6838-4af5-4c67-8821-ec6d6b8859de
  6. Execution Command Save

7. Undo Takeown command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo Takeown command: Using command line, with Takeown, I changed ownership of all Local files to administrator and now some apps stopped working. Is there a way to undo that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-takeown-command/a00e0da6-442d-460f-b670-7c5eb364b8dd
  8. Is there any way to get a program shortcut to execute a command on launch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get a program shortcut to execute a command on launch?: Basically,every time i have to launch a game,i have to force stop a service in the task manager so the game gets to load.. Is there any way to automate this? Like link a command that does this when running the shortcut to the exe? submitted by /u/PocketAlex [link]...
  9. How to create an executable file

How to create an executable file: Hi, I am trying to install Zacros (a chemistry software). I have to follow these instructions: Code: cd path\to\source\of\Zacros md build # If it does not exist yet cd build copy path\to\makefiles\makefile-gfortran-parallel-windows makefile make[/quote] It is expected to...
  10. How do undo a command

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do undo a command: I can see my NAS folders in file explorer anymore, and found this advice: 1/ run cmd as admin 2/ sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi 3/ sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled However it didnt work for me. Now there no units shown in fileexplorer in...