Windows 10: How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

Discus and support How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi my bootable DVD's, including my W7 and W8 installl disks and my Hirem boot disk do not boot up in my new PC which has a UEFI, no legacy option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by daniellouwrens, Jan 19, 2017.

1. How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

Hi

my bootable DVD's, including my W7 and W8 installl disks and my Hirem boot disk
    do not boot up in my new PC which has a UEFI, no legacy option.

The setup is to boot to the DVD drive first but it does not happen.

I believe there is a technique for W7 but it seems to be specific to W7.

I would appreciate any advice on creating a UEFI bootable DVD for use in my
    new W10 PC using the bootable DVD ISO's I have.

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Jan 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from usb

Have you tried other USB ports? Whats the make and model of the computer?

Review the following:

BIOS/UEFI Setup Guide: Boot from a CD, DVD, USB Drive or SD
    Card

If the problem persist, try creating a new USB, you might not have made it bootable. Copying the files to the thumb drive is not the right way, you need to initialize them, learn how:

How
    to Prepare Bootable Install Media for Windows 10 - DVD, USB or SD Card

Andre Da Costa, Jan 19, 2017
  3. slance310 Win User
    Can not install Win10 preview on GPT partition

Hi,

For best results, use RUFUS to create a bootable Flash Drive...

Select GPT and format as FAT32...
    https://rufus.akeo.ie/

The Win 7 USB\DVD Tool won't create a USB that will boot in UEFI BIOS, but will work with the older Legacy Bios...

If you create Win 10 media from the Win 10 Create Media website, it should work with UEFI BIOS...

You may or may not be able to boot with a DVD... This is something that is not standardized well... Some machines will, and some won't...

Some machines have the CD\DVD drive listed twice in Boot Options...

Once as a SATA CD\DVD, and again as a UEFI CD\DVD... or something very close to that...

BTW... You might try selecting Custom Install... Advanced... to choose where you want it installed...

slance310, Jan 19, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

Did you disable Secure boot ?

AddRAM, Jan 19, 2017
  5. daniellouwrens,

In the BIOS of the Asus PC, do you see a UEFI - CSM Compatability setting with three options:
    -UEFI and Legacy OPROM
    -Legacy OPROM only
    *Arrow -UEFI only (See what happens when you try this one.)

cottonball, Jan 19, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    He says he only has UEFI.

As far as I know you don`t have to create any special dvd, just use the boot menu (not the bios) to choose the UEFI dvd option.

AddRAM, Jan 19, 2017
  7. Maybe what the OP really wants to do is use the bootable DVD ISOs already in hand, vs. create any.

cottonball, Jan 19, 2017
  8. How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

I have disabled secure boot in UEFI setup and fast boot in Windows
    Yes I do want to use my bootable DVD's but I do have ISO's for all of them and will reburn if I have to.
    Adram, I do not know what you mean by "just use the boot menu (not the bios) to choose the UEFI dvd option"
    what boot menu is that?
    Cheers
    Daniel

daniellouwrens, Jan 19, 2017
  9. bobkn Win User
    I'm not Adram, but I suppose that he/she/it is referring to the boot options that are brought up by pressing a hotkey during POST. For my Asrock motherboard, the key is F11.

bobkn, Jan 21, 2017
  10. Hi

My CD/DVD is already set up, in the UEFI to boot first, I know it works because the boot DVD I created for Casper 8 software works fine and the PC boots to it when it is in the DVD drive. (new info)
    I did try F11 boot menu but the only option is the Windows MBR.

I was hoping there was a tutorial around for creating a UEFI bootable DVD from the bootable DVD ISO's I have.

cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Jan 21, 2017
  11. cereberus Win User
    Download latest iso from MS, mount as a drive, select all files and copy to DVD. Iso is dual purpose and can run on legacy bios or EUFI.

cereberus, Jan 21, 2017
  12. Avocado Win User
    How to create a bootable USB flash drive or DVD that works with both UEFI mode and Legacy BIOS mode

Download Windows 10

How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD [​IMG]

-or-

Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10

You do not need to change the boot order of drives in your UEFI BIOS settings. If you have changed the settings, then restore the default settings.

- Connect your Windows 10 USB/DVD
    - Restart the computer
    - Press the correct key to enter the boot menu (for example, Esc, F2, F8, F9, or F12)

How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD [​IMG]

Avocado, Jan 21, 2017
  13. How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

Hi folks

I am working for the next 3 days so will not get back to this until Thursday.

Thanks for your input, I will work on it and get back to you.

Thanks

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Jan 21, 2017
  14. Avocado Win User
    Does not work that way. DVD is not bootable either in UEFI mode or in Legacy BIOS mode.

edit: Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10

Avocado, Jan 21, 2017
  15. There is no special procedure as far as optical media goes. It's not legacy or UEFI, its both. Special procedures to make UEFI boot media only applies to thumb drives. Any software that can burn a disk from an image file should do.

alphanumeric, Jan 21, 2017
Thema:

How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

1. How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD - Similar Threads - create UEFI bootable

2. creating bootable cd/usb drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating bootable cd/usb drive.: How do you create a bootable cd/USB drive in windows 10 or can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-bootable-cdusb-drive/9d71be61-a696-496a-9b75-d5cd792e0208
  3. create bootable win10 on CD/DVD/Thumbdrive and install on a portable running Ubuntu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    create bootable win10 on CD/DVD/Thumbdrive and install on a portable running Ubuntu?: I bought Dell portable 5 yrs ago w/Win7. I upgraded to 64-bit Win7 Pro and created a partition. I installed Ubuntu in one partition. An update to Win7 wiped out runnable Windows7, don't know what else did, but not going to argue. All I want to do now is download Win10 to...
  4. Problem creating bootable CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem creating bootable CD: I'm having an issue creating a bootable CD. I created a System Repair Disk via the "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" (which an odd title in itself). After the initial creation looking at the disk in File Explorer shows files/folders and it has a label. Upon trying to boot...
  5. Creating a Bootable DVD with Linux .ISO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creating a Bootable DVD with Linux .ISO: I am in need of creating a bootable DVD, whenever I put my DVD on the tray and enter it into the computer, I am greeted with a popup asking me which way I want to use this disc, 'Like a USB flash drive' or 'With a CD/DVD player'. I am trying to dual boot Linux and Windows...
  6. Windows 10 64 bit: cannot create bootable CD/DVD

Windows 10 64 bit: cannot create bootable CD/DVD: I have attempted to create a bootable DVD but W10 on my laptop cannot recognise the media, nor does it display the DVD drive in Explorer. I understand this is a frequent problem since Windows no longer supports Media Player? How do I create the boot disk?...
  7. How to create a bootable CD in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to create a bootable CD in windows 10: Must be old school, but is there a way to create a CD in Windows 10 that is bootable. All the discussions that I have found talk about the ISO file for windows 10. I have a laptop that has an enterprise version of windows 7 on it, and I want to do a clean install of windows...
  8. How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD?: Hi! I have on CD small system which at computer start boots into. So, when I want to access this OS, I must to have always CD in drive... I want to leave CD away and create from this bootable partition on harddisk and will have access to OS directly without CD.. Is it...
  9. How to create from bootable CD the bootable partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create from bootable CD the bootable partition?: Hi! I have multi-OS computer and own one Live CD which boots at computer start if I select Boot from CDROM. I want to work without CD - make it like installed system. It is not problem of copying content of CD to harddisk partition, problem is for me to make it bootable....
  10. How to create UEFI Install DVD?

How to create UEFI Install DVD?: Hey, so I'm upgrading my mom's laptop from windows 7 to windows 10. Since my last upgrade I seem to have misplaced my USB Stick that has the UEFI Windows 10 install media on it. I do, however, have a few DVDs lying around that are large enough to make a Installation DVD. If I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uefi bootable cd create

2. how to make boot abale windows 7 for uefi from old dvd

3. Bootble win 8 cd dvd usb installer setup pc