Windows 10: How to create custom folder templates, in case it's possible?

Discus and support How to create custom folder templates, in case it's possible? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, everyone. As the title reads, I'd want to know how to create custom folder templates, in case it's possible. I'm already using the five... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MetalTxus, Oct 22, 2016.

1. MetalTxus Win User

How to create custom folder templates, in case it's possible?

Greetings, everyone.

As the title reads, I'd want to know how to create custom folder templates, in case it's possible. I'm already using the five existing ones so I'd want to have a sixth one.

My case is I have my installed software classified in folders by type of functionality. The thing is most software comes with icons with maximum resolution of 48px so I'd want to create a new template for this situation and apply it recursively to my software folder. COmmon sense tells this should be possible but Microsoft isn't know precisely for applying it so I wonder if this is even possible.

Regards,
    Jesús.

:)

MetalTxus, Oct 22, 2016
  2. LeBo-Ra Win User

Windows 10 - Creating Customized WIndows Folder Templates

Several years ago, I created a customized template for my music folders in Windows Vista that included 10 columns
    (Title / Album Artist / Contributing Artist / Year / Album / # / Genre / Length / Bit Rate / Rating) and applied this template to all my music folders.

When I upgraded first to Windows 8.1 and then WIndows 10, these columns stayed as I wanted them to be.

However, in mid September 2016, over half of my music folders (I have over 7000 of them) reverted to a 4 column template
    (# / Title / Contributing Artist / Album).

The lead folders all show my original template, but despite selecting "the apply to all subfolders checkbox", the reverted folders still display on the 4 columns.

I have checked several videos online, but none of them tell me how to create a new folder template.

LeBo-Ra, Oct 22, 2016
  3. Update 1607 results in copy faults

Please check and review this link on how to customize page templates for OneNote.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 22, 2016
Thema:

How to create custom folder templates, in case it's possible?

1. How to create custom folder templates, in case it's possible? - Similar Threads - create custom folder

2. Possible to create a template for cropping in Windows 11 Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to create a template for cropping in Windows 11 Photos: I am trying to crop hundreds of images to the same pixel dimensions in Windows 11 Photos, with each image also needing to have the crop window manually adjusted to focus on the particular subject within the image. Is there a way for me to create a crop template that I can...
  3. Possible to create a template for cropping in Windows 11 Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible to create a template for cropping in Windows 11 Photos: I am trying to crop hundreds of images to the same pixel dimensions in Windows 11 Photos, with each image also needing to have the crop window manually adjusted to focus on the particular subject within the image. Is there a way for me to create a crop template that I can...
  4. Creating and using template documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating and using template documents: I'm a programmer coming back to Windows 11 from Linux after 2 years. And I have gotten used one particular feature that is extremely useful but seems to either be completely absent from Windows or is completely obscured from regular users because its hard to get working when...
  5. Creating and using template documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating and using template documents: I'm a programmer coming back to Windows 11 from Linux after 2 years. And I have gotten used one particular feature that is extremely useful but seems to either be completely absent from Windows or is completely obscured from regular users because its hard to get working when...
  6. customize Windows folder template reverts back and it is not saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    customize Windows folder template reverts back and it is not saved: On Windows 10, File Explorer includes five different templates to customize the view of folders, including "General items" default for every new folder, "Documents," "Pictures," "Music," and "Videos." Unfortunately, for some unknown reasons, I cannot customize my folders from...
  7. Is that possible to create a custom Launcher Screen for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is that possible to create a custom Launcher Screen for Windows 10?: Hi everyone, For Android OS, there is a ruge list of tutorials and docs of how to create custom launcher screen for Android. But for Windows, I could not find any good hint. What I've seen is some third-party apps, like skins, themes dock bars applications. It's not what...
  8. How to change the Music folder template

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the Music folder template: All the solutions on here work to an extent. They do not work if you want "Size all columns to fit" every time you open a Music folder. Can this be made to work on all Music Folders? It is really annoying having to select that option on every Music folder. Pete...
  9. built-in folder templates

built-in folder templates: hello, i cant find an answer to what i am trying to achieve so i'll appreciate anyone's help.. There are 5 built-in folder view templates General, document, music, videos & picture i know i can change and save the view options in these 5 templates and i found lots of...
  10. How can I customize the default Pictures folder template for all Picture folders?

How can I customize the default Pictures folder template for all Picture folders?: I know that I can assign a template to folders to denote how Windows should treat the contents. I.e. General, Music, Pictures, etc. I also know that I can custom the columns for a folder. But how can I customize the columns in the template? Example: I have dozens of...