Windows 10: How to create from bootable CD the bootable partition?

Discus and support How to create from bootable CD the bootable partition? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I have multi-OS computer and own one Live CD which boots at computer start if I select Boot from CDROM. I want to work without CD - make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MIRKOSOFT, Mar 9, 2018.

1. MIRKOSOFT Win User

How to create from bootable CD the bootable partition?

Hi!

I have multi-OS computer and own one Live CD which boots at computer start if I select Boot from CDROM.
    I want to work without CD - make it like installed system.
    It is not problem of copying content of CD to harddisk partition, problem is for me to make it bootable.
    Easiest way to create any bootable system was in DOS where it finds autoexec.bat and config.sys - but this CD it uses not and uses only FAT32 filesystem.
    How to make partition bootable? Because in my OS menu I can choose even partition from which to boot, but it must have any boot information...

Thank you for each help.
    Miro

:)

MIRKOSOFT, Mar 9, 2018
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Mar 9, 2018
  3. J W Stuart, Mar 9, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

lx07, Mar 9, 2018
  5. MIRKOSOFT Win User
    So as first - OSes on my PC are:
    1. Windows
    2. OSX
    3. Commodore OS Vision (Linux Mint based)
    4. MS-DOS 7.10
    Linux is notuser friendly. I want to use Clover bootloader but don't know if it will work with BIOS (have not UEFI).
    If is possible to do it in Windows it will be best - Windows I know best of listed OSes.

Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Mar 9, 2018
  6. CountMike New Member
    Take a look at EAsyBCD EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies I use that one. Basically you install it in windows if the's your default BOOT disk and it can help you make a BOOT menu from which you can choose OS at start.

CountMike, Mar 10, 2018
  7. MIRKOSOFT Win User
    Thank you, I'll try it this night.
    Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Mar 11, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

It's free for home use.

CountMike, Mar 12, 2018
  9. MIRKOSOFT Win User
    I tried.
    DOS and Linux is possible to select exactly, but have problem - OSX - how to specify it? My old laptop has not UEFI.

Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Mar 12, 2018
  10. MIRKOSOFT Win User
    So, I have now OSX, Windows and Linux - all are accessible via OSX bootloader.
    Problem is to install DOS - as far as I know it is possible on MBR disk to create 4 primary partitions.
    Is possible to convert OSX partition to logical? Linux uses all three partitions as logical and boots.
    I know that Windows system reserved and main partition must to be primary - 32-bit Windows 7 supports not GPT disks.
    Exist any modified Windows 7 32-bit ISO which supports GPT disks and will MS-DOS work on GPT disk?
    If not - is possible to force 4th primary partition after installing Windows, OSX and Linux?
    I'm not sure if OSX supports logical partitions...

Thank you for help.
    Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Mar 13, 2018
  11. MIRKOSOFT Win User
    Exist any bootable CD which allows to creating also logical partitions?
    I used Parted Magic, I used Minitool Partition Wizard... never helped...

Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Mar 13, 2018
  12. MIRKOSOFT Win User
    I solved partitioning - for Linux and OSX I used logical partitions and for DOS and Windows primary partitions.
    Now I have all together.
    Tomorrow I create simple DOS Boot menu on floppy disk and all will be untouched.

Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to create from bootable CD the bootable partition? - Similar Threads - create bootable bootable

2. creating bootable cd/usb drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating bootable cd/usb drive.: How do you create a bootable cd/USB drive in windows 10 or can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-bootable-cdusb-drive/9d71be61-a696-496a-9b75-d5cd792e0208
  3. Problem creating bootable CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem creating bootable CD: I'm having an issue creating a bootable CD. I created a System Repair Disk via the "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" (which an odd title in itself). After the initial creation looking at the disk in File Explorer shows files/folders and it has a label. Upon trying to boot...
  4. How to create bootable media.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to create bootable media.: How do I create a Windows 10 boot disk? ***Modified Title from: Boot disk*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-bootable-media/e621aca1-af71-4fee-98e3-98a5cfb2c601
  5. How to Create Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Create Bootable USB: Hi, Just downloaded windows 10 Installation Media from Download Windows 10 . There are two options there Update and Download tool now. I first tried Update and was told that a newer version was available. This was downloaded successfully. That said, the reason I went on there...
  6. start windows from a bootable CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    start windows from a bootable CD: How to start windows from a boot able CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-windows-from-a-bootable-cd/2cc12c86-6d86-495f-8999-fb21dc13cf75
  7. How to create a bootable CD in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to create a bootable CD in windows 10: Must be old school, but is there a way to create a CD in Windows 10 that is bootable. All the discussions that I have found talk about the ISO file for windows 10. I have a laptop that has an enterprise version of windows 7 on it, and I want to do a clean install of windows...
  8. How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD?: Hi! I have on CD small system which at computer start boots into. So, when I want to access this OS, I must to have always CD in drive... I want to leave CD away and create from this bootable partition on harddisk and will have access to OS directly without CD.. Is it...
  9. How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD: Hi my bootable DVD's, including my W7 and W8 installl disks and my Hirem boot disk do not boot up in my new PC which has a UEFI, no legacy option. The setup is to boot to the DVD drive first but it does not happen. I believe there is a technique for W7 but it seems...
  10. How to Copy Bootable CD

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Copy Bootable CD: Hello, So I used to use Nero in Win7 to duplicate my backup CD's and Bootable utilities like MemTest etc. But Windows 10 made me remove Nero as not compatible. So how to duplicate my Data Backups and Bootable utility CD's in Windows 10 please? I know there are lots of...