Windows 10: How to create the boot disk by using Macrium Free?

Discus and support How to create the boot disk by using Macrium Free? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have read this,but I'm still puzzled. I have downloaded a Windows 10 ISO image with the install.wim.And in this page [img] it still need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RochustCN, Jan 14, 2017.

1. RochustCN Win User

How to create the boot disk by using Macrium Free?

I have read this,but I'm still puzzled.

I have downloaded a Windows 10 ISO image with the install.wim.And in this page
    How to create the boot disk by using Macrium Free? [​IMG]

it still need download the wim,I really don't know the reason.

Have I got something wrong?

:)

RochustCN, Jan 14, 2017

2. Windows 10 boot bcd error 0xc000000e

I had this problem during updating windows 10 with major update on my desktop, no idea why.

The best and simplest solution for this Boot BCD problem:

I use Macrium free rescue disk to boot my desktop (it's windows PE). This software has an option to FIX windows boot. You need to install free Macrium on another PC in order to create a rescue disk to do restore. By the way, it's the BEST FREE backup software
    and that saved my life several times with image backup. Thanks Macrium.

You don't need to type any dos command, it's done automatically.

Boot your problem pc with this rescue disk.

You need just to choose your system partition and click on "Fix windows boot" option , that's it.

---

I retry windows 10 major update again, and that worked the second time!!!

Hoang D Trinh, Jan 14, 2017
  3. Windows Boot Sector corrupted

Does your HDD installation still work? If so then this would be the correct procedure to follow:

• Use Macrium Reflect (or a similar tool) to create an image of your installation.
    • Disconnect the HDD, connect the SSD.
    • Boot the machine with the Macrium Reflect bootable rescue flash disk.
    • Restore the image to the SSD.
    In general: When restoring images you must make sure at the first reboot to connect the new disk only. If both disks are connected then you risk ruining both installations.

Frederik Long, Jan 14, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

Why are you doing that? I just use the default base WIM file.

Steve C, Jan 14, 2017
  5. RochustCN Win User
    I wonder whether the different version of win 10 wim may occur error.

RochustCN, Jan 14, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    You only need the default base WIM - check you are using Win PE 10 (see below). The Macrium repair disk is only required to boot and recover using a backup image file or repair the boot configuration.

How to create the boot disk by using Macrium Free? [​IMG]

Steve C, Jan 14, 2017
  7. topgundcp Win User
    The install.wim from Windows ISO is used to install the actual Windows 10 to HD/SSD.
    Macrium Rescue disk use winpe.wim to build pre-environment Windows 7/8/10 which will be loaded and run from RAM.

To add some other tool(s). You'd make a copy of winpe.wim from the default, use DISM to mount this winpe.wim, add the tool(s), use DISM to unmount then use this custom winpe.wim to build the Rescue disk to include the tool(s)

topgundcp, Jan 14, 2017
  8. RochustCN Win User

Yeah,it is said that install.wim can be used to make winpe.wim,isn't it?
    I see here
    How to Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 install.esd File

RochustCN, Jan 14, 2017
  9. RochustCN Win User
    I want to do this Move Users Profile Folder to another Location in Windows 10

So,it's meaningless to keep consistent in version between boot system and the actual system.

RochustCN, Jan 14, 2017
  10. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Jan 14, 2017
  11. RochustCN Win User
    Thank you,I'm confused by "bootable".

RochustCN, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to create the boot disk by using Macrium Free? - Similar Threads - create boot disk

2. Using Macrium Free - Correctly?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Macrium Free - Correctly?: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB memory, several SSDs for storage, hard drives for backups. Ive been using the free version of Macrium Reflect (7.3) for several weeks. Im trying to figure out if Im doing it right. Im doing an image of my system, so it backs up C (110 GB in use)...
  3. Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect

Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect: I am puzzled by this, I have been using Macrium Reflect for a decade. I have several SSDs in the machine, and I run Macrium Reflect clone this disk option. It creates a perfect image/clone. Except that the disk is not bootable. The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI. When I hit...
  4. Macrium Free disk imaging

Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  5. Unable to create backup in Macrium Reflect Free

Unable to create backup in Macrium Reflect Free: I have been stuck for a long time trying to make a backup of a newly created Disk Image. Whatever changes I make to the address of the destination folder I get a popup saying the 'destination folder path is contained within the Image'. I don't know what this means or what to...
  6. Macrium Reflect Free - creating volume snapshot

Macrium Reflect Free - creating volume snapshot: I recently downloaded and installed Macrium Reflect Free for my computer running windows 10 Home Edition (I also have a computer that has windows 10 pro - but this is in regards to the computer running windows 10 home) I started to create the backup and noticed a Failed:...
  7. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  8. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  9. Does Macrium Free Do Disk Cloning?

Does Macrium Free Do Disk Cloning?: I have two identical 1T seagate drives and I am trying to clone from one to the other. One is the system disk with drives C: and E: on it - that's the source drive - and the other is a drive I've labelled 'J:' via Diskpart - that's the target drive. Previous attempts to...
  10. Is this normal behavior using the Macrium Reflect free boot media?

Is this normal behavior using the Macrium Reflect free boot media?: I am running Windows 10 home. Recently installed macrium free latest V6 version. Previously used Acronis. I created the rescue media on cd. Booting from a cold boot with the cd, I can see the read/write light on the cd and hard drive activity on my tower, but all i am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to create the boot disk by using Macrium