Windows 10: How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Discus and support How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can someone please tell me how to create a Two Factor Authentication for my Remote Desktop. I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. I recently was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by artmanphoto, Aug 13, 2018.

1. How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Can someone please tell me how to create a Two Factor Authentication for my Remote Desktop. I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. I recently was infected with a Ransomware virus and I am told that they probably came through my open Remote Desktop port that I use to remote into my machine when I am out of town.

Thanks very much for your help - Bill

:)

artmanphoto, Aug 13, 2018

2. Microsoft Account set to use 2 Factor Authentication & Authentication Phone App but it doesn't prompt for authentication when signing in to my Windows 10 PC locally or remotely (via RDP).

OK I created a 2nd Microsoft account and setup the Authentication App on an old phone I had lying around for 2-factor authentication.

Step 1

I logged into this website with that account and it prompted me with the Authentication App so 2 factor is setup correctly on the NEW Microsoft Account.

Step 2

I logged in on my Windows 10 PC with that NEW account and it also DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor Authentication.

I tried to log in via RDP and, again, it DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor.

My question remains unanswered.

TylerMason, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Microsoft Account successful configured to use 2 Factor Authentication but I am not prompted for second authentication when signing in to my Windows 10 PC remotely via Remote Desktop

Only third party solutions are available for 2FA over RDP. This seems to be a popular one:

Two-Factor Authentication for Windows Remote Desktop Protocol ...

Duo Authentication for Windows Logon and RDP

Andre Da Costa, Aug 13, 2018
  4. How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Microsoft Account successful configured to use 2 Factor Authentication but I am not prompted for second authentication when signing in to my Windows 10 PC remotely via Remote Desktop

I've successfully setup my Windows 10 Desktop to log in using my Microsoft Account.

I've successfully setup my Microsoft Account to use 2 Factor Authentication.

When I sign in to my Windows 10 Pro PC with my Microsoft Account I am not prompted for the 2nd authentication when I use
    Remote Desktop.

TylerMason, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

1. How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Create Factor Authentication

2. TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION APP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION APP: I have come to a disappointing realization that I can no longer access my Facebook account using the authentication app. In an attempt to resolve the issue, I removed the app from my secondary phone, but this step did not alleviate the problem. I have reached out to Facebook...
  3. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Factor Authentication Issue: Two Factor Authentication has been forced upon all users who aren't already using it. I have a user that doesn't have a phone, therefore cannot use the authenticator app, and it doesn't even give the option to use a phone number. This user cannot get onto the system and this...
  4. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Factor Authentication Issue: Two Factor Authentication has been forced upon all users who aren't already using it. I have a user that doesn't have a phone, therefore cannot use the authenticator app, and it doesn't even give the option to use a phone number. This user cannot get onto the system and this...
  5. Two factor authentication problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two factor authentication problem.: i using my accout since long time. i'm using two factor authentication for privacy purpose. recently i lost my mobile number and can't get that number. thats why i can't access my account properly. what should i do now? where i can prove my identity i have every documents....
  6. Two-factor Authentication Recovery

Two-factor Authentication Recovery: I had 2FA set up on an android phone which is now broken - I did not 'back-up' the Microsoft 2FA app unfortunately. Is there a way to restore the accounts I had on there with my new phone?...
  7. Two-factor Authentication Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two-factor Authentication Recovery: I had 2FA set up on an android phone which is now broken - I did not 'back-up' the Microsoft 2FA app unfortunately. Is there a way to restore the accounts I had on there with my new phone?...
  8. Two-factor Authentication Recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Remote Desktop login not working with two factor authentication and PIN sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop login not working with two factor authentication and PIN sign in: Hello, I was having an issue with remote desktop where my login credentials were not working. I use two factor authentication and sign into the computer I am trying to connect to using a PIN. When I tried to access the computer through remote desktop my login credentials...
  10. Two Factor Authentication Issue

Two Factor Authentication Issue: I'll start by saying this is a temp account I created specifically to ask this question on the forum. I recently switched mobile devices and I had the Microsoft Authenticator app set up with my actual account on the old phone. When i transferred data to the new phone, i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop