Windows 10: How to customise All Apps/Programs

Discus and support How to customise All Apps/Programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, the first item in the start menu is "all apps" but it opens in the left of the screen. I would prefer to make it bigger or even full screen like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by m1a1t, Oct 12, 2015.

1. m1a1t Win User

How to customise All Apps/Programs

Hi, the first item in the start menu is "all apps" but it opens in the left of the screen.

I would prefer to make it bigger or even full screen like in Windows 8 so that you can see them all a-z, can I do that?

I have tried enabling full screen start menu - but it didnt change the all apps from being in the left side of the screen..any help appreciated!

:)

m1a1t, Oct 12, 2015

2. How to customise tones for different apps.

I have been trying to use my songs to use as whatsapp notifications (for when I get a new text) but there is no such settings. Whether I get a new e-mail, or facebook notification, or a new SMS, the tones are all the same under 'settings'. It is quite
    upsetting to know that I can't use my favourite songs as my text tones or whatsapp notification tones, and, I cannot differentiate the difference because they all sound the same. I would like to have different songs or tones for the different notifications.
    Is there any way I can get what I want or is the system not updated to have these features yet?

fini1234567, Oct 12, 2015
  3. [ Pete ] Win User
    How to customise tones for different apps.

I'm afriad that there is no way at present to customise the tones for system notifications in WP8.

[ Pete ], Oct 12, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you want to see All apps all at once, you'd need to use a replacement start menu.

So for example, if you created a menu in the traditional start menu folder, and dragged all the universal app shortcuts into it one be one to create shortcuts in the folder, then installed (e.g.) Classic Shell, that folder would expand (if you choose the right options) so you can see all at once.

Is that what you mean?

dalchina, Oct 14, 2015
  5. m1a1t Win User
    Hi many thanks for the reply, that does make sense thanks, Ive not tried classic shell i will give it a go.

To be clear what I mean is that having to scroll through a-z is a minor annoyance when they could all be displayed in a larger window or even full screen like it would do in Windows 8.

m1a1t, Oct 14, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Use Full screen Start screen, but before trying moving the software to the right you use the most, then enable Full Start Screen, best i can think of then having everything from it on your screen be kind of a lot, mattering to how much other software you have. Some of it are Windows accessories and tools. Do not think Classic shell or Start10 going to make it any better for what you want. Might have to look into some other third party programs from Stardock.com then.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Classic shell offers the option of expanding multiple columns across the screen as XP did if recall. So you can have a very large number of start menu entries displayed; (it can also be set up to behave like the Win 7 start menu as well where you had to scroll up and down in 1 restricted area). I.e. it's configurable.

Oh, and the Win 10 start menu is presently still limited to 512 entries.. (RTM build) although that will increase.

I also noted my iconised start menu folders, displayed correctly by Classic Shell, are plain in Windows 10 start menu.

And it provides a proper search box which can be restricted to the start menu- not a whole mix of results from files , web etc - although it can do that too... did I mention it's configurable..? *Smile

dalchina, Oct 15, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Knew those third party Start menus were basically meant to bring old start menu back from Windows 7 and below for people who did not like new Start menu in 8.1 and now 10. Looking at it online, not going to fill whole screen as wanted by thread starter. Guess Microsoft can't please everyone, although they try with feedback.

jds63, Oct 15, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    jds63: It meets the poster's requirements of
    a. no scrolling
    b. larger display - more screen area

How to customise  All Apps/Programs [​IMG]

Of course the number of columns depends on the number of entries in the start menu folder selected...

dalchina, Oct 15, 2015
  10. m1a1t Win User

So I customised the start menu with my fav apps, which gets around the issue, still would be better to have a full screen all apps option but Im pretty happy with it like this. Did this by creating container names and dragging icons in from all apps and other places..Thanks for the suggestions with the other menus.

m1a1t, Oct 15, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Pretty much what i meant ,drag apps or right click app select pin to start then you can try to use the Full Start Screen as mentioned, see how it works as what you did is just add them to the right, which is good to easier access.

jds63, Oct 15, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    No scrolling but more clicking.O.k., but small folder type icons to look at and kind of defeats the Windows 10 even 8.1 look icons, it's now Windows 7 look . If it suits your need. I knew it would look this way when it was mentioned, Classic shell and Start10

jds63, Oct 15, 2015
  13. m1a1t Win User

..When you put the music folder in the start screen..it doesn't have its musical note on it, no matter what size it is. It would be good to be able to add that image back on and also for other items, especially folders, if you have them as small icon they are completely blank. Only by making them medium size can you see what it is. Does anybody know if you could add a custom icon onto placeholders?

m1a1t, Oct 16, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Which music app are you mentioning ? Groove does not use musical note. We are just talking about Microsoft apps or your installed software ?

jds63, Oct 16, 2015
  15. m1a1t Win User

for all the folders that you include in your start bar, they are all blank when added on the right hand side, you have to isize them medium for them to show the folder name. For any medium size icon I would be interested to add a medium size icon image rather than a big space with a small image in it..

m1a1t, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

1. How to customise All Apps/Programs - Similar Threads - customise Apps Programs

2. how to customise paper size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to customise paper size: How to customise paper size please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-customise-paper-size/c821f705-4d64-4d7f-9dbd-6d7d6cfb1812
  3. how to customise paper size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to customise paper size: How to customise paper size please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-customise-paper-size/c821f705-4d64-4d7f-9dbd-6d7d6cfb1812
  4. how to customise paper size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Best Windows customisation apps recommendations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Best Windows customisation apps recommendations: Hi, what are the best apps/tools available to customise and mmodernise windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-windows-customisation-apps-recommendations/9cffa40e-f7e8-4d49-9036-3660bb72af95
  6. How to customise a keyboard in 2020???

How to customise a keyboard in 2020???: Hi, How the heck do I customise a keyboard in 2020?? I want to change the function of certain keys to make it more ergonomic, but the old Keyboard Layout Creator is out of date, can't get it to work on windows 10. The new Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse center wont'...
  7. "Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs

"Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs: Hi, I have been trying to set the default app for certain file types and having no luck with slightly obscure/unpopular programs. Notepad++ will not appear when I try to set it for .txt files, and MusicBee will not appear for any music file. This happens when trying to...
  8. Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.

Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.: I have been playing around with customising an Win 10 Pro ISO for installation. I basically want to get rid of pretty much ALL the Apps besides about three. For customisation, I have tried out WinReducer, MSMG, and WinToolkit, all of which allowed various levels of...
  9. how to reinstall all program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to reinstall all program: i have 2 separate drives , one drive for windows only (this is new drive and this is ssd) and the other for multimedia and programs ( 2 different partition , and this is old drive , hard disk) and then i'm fresh reinstall windows because my windows is in the old drive ( so...
  10. Customisation

Customisation: I have been following these customisation threads for a few days now. This is what I've managed so far. [img] Only one thing bothering me now tho, I am using TranslucentTB for the see through taskbar but now any app shortcut I pin to it will not work. The default Windows...