Windows 10: How to delete a 'note'

Discus and support How to delete a 'note' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't find how to delete a 'note'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jillbeth99, Aug 24, 2018.

1. How to delete a 'note'

I can't find how to delete a 'note'

:)

Jillbeth99, Aug 24, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    • Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    • Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    • Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    • Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Can't delete unused Sticky Notes neither change their colors

Hi Yhendra,

Thank you for using Windows10.

I understand your concern and would suggest that you try deleting the sticky note from the source location of the sticky notes from the specific user account.

The AppData folder in the below step is a hidden folder, try the below step to unhide it and later try the steps mentioned.

Steps to unhide:

• Open File Explorer by right click on Start Icon
      and select File Explorer.
    • Click on View and check Hidden items.

Try the below step to delete the sticky note:

a) Open File Explorer.

b) Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

c) In the Stick notes
    folder you will find a file called StickyNotes.snt

d) You will need the file named StickyNotes.snt

Note: If you delete StickyNotes.snt
    file this will delete all the sticky notes present on the computer event the new ones.

Make sure that you backup any newly created sticky notes.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Aug 24, 2018
  4. bestellen Win User

How to delete a 'note'

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

How to delete a 'note'

1. How to delete a 'note' - Similar Threads - delete 'note'

2. Delete Notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Notes: Hi I'm Jessica, So I have a problem I want to know how to get old notes back so I was working on a school questions notes and for some reason it got deleted and I would like to know were or how to get it back as soon as possible its from the app called Notepad from the...
  3. Delete Notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Notes: Hi I'm Jessica, So I have a problem I want to know how to get old notes back so I was working on a school questions notes and for some reason it got deleted and I would like to know were or how to get it back as soon as possible its from the app called Notepad from the...
  4. I can't delete closed note it said I can't do it bc it's deleted and I want remove it from...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete closed note it said I can't do it bc it's deleted and I want remove it from...: Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-closed-note-it-said-i-cant-do-it-bc/e15392ab-2a8d-4c82-b2b1-f588635b289f
  5. I can't delete closed note it said I can't do it bc it's deleted and I want remove it from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete closed note it said I can't do it bc it's deleted and I want remove it from...: Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-closed-note-it-said-i-cant-do-it-bc/e15392ab-2a8d-4c82-b2b1-f588635b289f
  6. I can't delete closed note it said I can't do it bc it's deleted and I want remove it from...

7. White ICONS - I did all of the notes below and for some reason I cannot delete all .db...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White ICONS - I did all of the notes below and for some reason I cannot delete all .db...: Hi L Dennis,Welcome to Microsoft Community.I'm Hahn and I'm here to help you with your concern.The reason for the abnormal display of shortcuts may be that you changed the name of the icon before,Due to the system's caching mechanism, the icons may not be visible at that...
  8. White ICONS - I did all of the notes below and for some reason I cannot delete all .db...

White ICONS - I did all of the notes below and for some reason I cannot delete all .db...: Hi L Dennis,Welcome to Microsoft Community.I'm Hahn and I'm here to help you with your concern.The reason for the abnormal display of shortcuts may be that you changed the name of the icon before,Due to the system's caching mechanism, the icons may not be visible at that...
  9. sticky notes auto deletes when i press enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sticky notes auto deletes when i press enter: this is just outright annoying when i press enter sticky notes deletes it ill finish writing a sentence press enter and go to write on the next line only for it to remove the enter i put in and start writing on the previous line again .who thought this was a good idea it's...
  10. sticky notes auto deletes when i press enter

sticky notes auto deletes when i press enter: this is just outright annoying when i press enter sticky notes deletes it ill finish writing a sentence press enter and go to write on the next line only for it to remove the enter i put in and start writing on the previous line again .who thought this was a good idea it's...