Windows 10: How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder

Discus and support How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here is a problem you might encounter: "Currently, I'm having problem deleting an old Folder. Previously, I used its parent as a shared folder, but one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maxkittens, Feb 29, 2016.

1. How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder

Here is a problem you might encounter: "Currently, I'm having problem deleting an old Folder. Previously, I used its parent as a shared folder, but one day when I tried to clear that folder there is one folder that has duplicate. The problem is one of them (the old one) can't be deleted even after I deleted all files/folders in that folder, I can't remove/rename that folder (could not find this item) not even with cmd as Administrator. I've tried to defrag my Windows 10 but the problem still persists." Use this command to fix it!:

Open CMD and then type:
    rd /s "\\?\C:\path1\path2\path3 "
    example: rd /s "\\?\C:\Sharedata\folder1\folder2 " - note the space after folder2 if there was a space after the folder name. Obviously C: is the drive that has the folder on it.

Thanks to the person that taught me this good luck!!!

:)

maxkittens, Feb 29, 2016

2. How to delete access denied/ corrupt file folder from extenal hard drive in Windows 10...

Greetings, I have a access denied/ corrupt file folder on my external hard drive. The folder is empty (at least it looks empty) but I can not delete it. It say that access is denied or maybe corrupted. Please tell me how to delete this folder. I am not
    tech savvy, so please explain how to do this so I will not damage anything else. Thank you so much for your help and have a great day. Kimiko

KimikoWilliams, Feb 29, 2016
  3. My avg told me to delete 16 files from my installer folders and also to "Help fix PC problems by deleting broken entries in your windows registry"

ok so my avg told me to delete 16 files from my installer folders and also i got this notification Help fix PC problems by deleting broken entries in your windows registry

Question : How do i delete broken entries and how do i delete the 16 files from my installer folder

Thank you for answering my questions

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers.

Original title: avg updat

abrahamdouglas, Feb 29, 2016
Thema:

How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder

1. How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder - Similar Threads - Delete Corrupt Broken

2. delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file: Hello, I have some problems deleting a file, everytime I try to delete it, a message shows saying the file is corrupted and it is imposible to delete or move it. error code : 0x80070570. I need help, please....
  3. Deleting Folders/Files

Deleting Folders/Files: I have an unwanted folder that contains an exe file called quandam.exe. The exe file continuously produces more exe files, which are adwawres. When attempting to delete it normally, I get the error message: 'Folder In Use'. When attempting to delete it in command prompt, the...
  4. how to delete duplicate files in the same folder

how to delete duplicate files in the same folder: how to delete duplicate files in the same folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-duplicate-files-in-the-same-folder/bc4d2a1e-02cf-44ef-a9cf-c907c2863472"
  5. Dskchk corrupted and deleted files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dskchk corrupted and deleted files.: I've seen this question a lot, however the answer doesn't work for me (Windows 10) . The issue is that dskchck deleted and corrupted most files (important ones as well). It deleted Google chrome, Firefox, Folders on the desktop, and corrupted and deleted my temp folder, which...
  6. Shift+Delete corrupt sub-folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift+Delete corrupt sub-folders: Hello, when i delete a folder with x amount of files in it, the files get deleted but the folders stay. when i click on them i get error: location is not available "Path" Access is denied and they cant be deleted. any help is appreciated! 87598
  7. How to delete old windows file/folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old windows file/folder: Hi, I just upgraded my Windows 8 OS to Windows 10 and it has left : Old.windows folder with many included files on my Harddrive. I have already backed up and transferred all the files I wanted to keep from that old version and wish to delete that file and all that is...
  8. How to accelerate deleting of files / folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to accelerate deleting of files / folder?: Removing files / folder from an external drive, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, and internal drive (to the recycle bin and permanently) lasts extremely long. About 1 million files take about 20, 30 hours or longer using USB 3.0, removing them from an external USB 3 hdd, WD 4 TB. How...
  9. Folders and files that will not delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and files that will not delete: I recently deleted some mp3 files and folders, then when I emptied the Recycle Bin I inadvertently answered "no" to the "are you sure you want to delete these files" question. Now they are sitting on my recent files / frequent folders page and will not delete again. When you...
  10. How can I delete this corrupted file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I delete this corrupted file?: Hello Everyone! So today I was trying to rotate a picture in the Windows 10 "Pictures" app, and as weird as it sounds, it didn't rotate the picture. I closed the window, and that's when I discovered that the file became undeletable, and uneditable. It wasn't a virus (the...