Windows 10: How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder

Discus and support How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here is a problem you might encounter: "Currently, I'm having problem deleting an old Folder. Previously, I used its parent as a shared folder, but one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maxkittens, Feb 29, 2016.

1. How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder

Here is a problem you might encounter: "Currently, I'm having problem deleting an old Folder. Previously, I used its parent as a shared folder, but one day when I tried to clear that folder there is one folder that has duplicate. The problem is one of them (the old one) can't be deleted even after I deleted all files/folders in that folder, I can't remove/rename that folder (could not find this item) not even with cmd as Administrator. I've tried to defrag my Windows 10 but the problem still persists." Use this command to fix it!:

Open CMD and then type:
    rd /s "\\?\C:\path1\path2\path3 "
    example: rd /s "\\?\C:\Sharedata\folder1\folder2 " - note the space after folder2 if there was a space after the folder name. Obviously C: is the drive that has the folder on it.

Thanks to the person that taught me this good luck!!!

:)

maxkittens, Feb 29, 2016

2. How to delete access denied/ corrupt file folder from extenal hard drive in Windows 10...

Greetings, I have a access denied/ corrupt file folder on my external hard drive. The folder is empty (at least it looks empty) but I can not delete it. It say that access is denied or maybe corrupted. Please tell me how to delete this folder. I am not
    tech savvy, so please explain how to do this so I will not damage anything else. Thank you so much for your help and have a great day. Kimiko

KimikoWilliams, Feb 29, 2016
  3. My avg told me to delete 16 files from my installer folders and also to "Help fix PC problems by deleting broken entries in your windows registry"

ok so my avg told me to delete 16 files from my installer folders and also i got this notification Help fix PC problems by deleting broken entries in your windows registry

Question : How do i delete broken entries and how do i delete the 16 files from my installer folder

Thank you for answering my questions

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers.

Original title: avg updat

abrahamdouglas, Feb 29, 2016
Thema:

How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder

1. How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder - Similar Threads - Delete Corrupt Broken

2. Cant delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete corrupted folder: Hello, I've been trying to delete a folder in my laptop that has been corruped. I tried the normal ways to delete it, even some CMD options, none worked. Its in a separate SSDNvme if thats important used only to store games, it doesnt have any OS inside it....
  3. Cant delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant delete corrupted folder: Hello, I've been trying to delete a folder in my laptop that has been corruped. I tried the normal ways to delete it, even some CMD options, none worked. Its in a separate SSDNvme if thats important used only to store games, it doesnt have any OS inside it....
  4. how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?: I have a folder full of subfolders which themselves are full of subfolders with images, I want to delete the folders themselves but keep the images. I've been trying to use the search:*kind:picture tool to do it but there are so many images that file explorer keeps crashing...
  5. how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?: I have a folder full of subfolders which themselves are full of subfolders with images, I want to delete the folders themselves but keep the images. I've been trying to use the search:*kind:picture tool to do it but there are so many images that file explorer keeps crashing...
  6. Cannot delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete corrupted folder: I tried to play VALORANT but it told me a file was missing. When I went to the Riot Games folder and tried to open it, it told me "D:\Riot Games is unaccusable. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." When I try to delete it, nothing happens. I can move it around...
  7. Cannot delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete corrupted folder: I tried to play VALORANT but it told me a file was missing. When I went to the Riot Games folder and tried to open it, it told me "D:\Riot Games is unaccusable. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." When I try to delete it, nothing happens. I can move it around...
  8. Deleting corrupted files

Deleting corrupted files: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  9. Delete corrupt folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete corrupt folders: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  10. Broken/corrupted file?

Broken/corrupted file?: I have a file I've been working on in MS Paint for a good few weeks. On the 23rd, I saved it before shutting my computer down, and once I came back on, I noticed I couldn't open the file on MS Paint. It said "Paint cannot read this file. This is not a valid bitmap file, or...