Windows 10: how to delete credentials to a NAS?

Discus and support how to delete credentials to a NAS? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Synology NAS I use as file storage. I can connect to it in windows explorer like "\\SYNA" - I have to give a username and password. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xdzgor, Aug 4, 2016.

1. xdzgor Win User

how to delete credentials to a NAS?

Hi, I have a Synology NAS I use as file storage. I can connect to it in windows explorer like "\\SYNA" - I have to give a username and password. All well and good, but how do I try another username and password - to check the access rights? I don't get the opportunity to enter new credentials.

It seems Windows 10 remembers the credentials, and doesn't forget them. I've tried rebooting my Windows 10, and even the NAS, but my Windows 10 still remembers.

If I type "net use" there are no entries in the list (so I can't "delete" any).

If I go into the control panel, and the Windows 10 users credentials, there is nothing matching my NAS.

Thanks!

:)

xdzgor, Aug 4, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Aug 4, 2016
  3. nokia lumia 710 bluetooth plays music but phone does not work on toyota

Thank you for your reply Mark.
    I tried the phone with a bluetooth headset Motorola H700 that works with other phones and it did not work with the Nokia Lumia. I can hear the phone ringing through the ear piece/headset but no conversation can be heard.
    It is a Windows phone 7.5 and the OS version is 7.108773.98
    The car is a toyota corolla 2013 and it has the following bluetooth specifications:
    Ver. 1.1, or higher (recommended: Ver. 2.1+EDR or higher. It supports the following profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, PBAP and OPP that the phone does not support. Phones like Samsung Galaxy works on the car. I never used this phone with bluetooth considering
    that it is my wife's phone.
    I just updated the phone minutes ago and I tried it again but it did not work.
    Thank you so much for your help
    J.E.

how to do it, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello xdzgor, *Smile

It should be listed in Control Panel (icons view) -> Credential Manager under "Windows Credentials".

When found, expand it open, and click on the "Remove" link.

Brink, Aug 4, 2016
  5. xdzgor Win User
    Thanks, but "SYNA" is not listed there.

xdzgor, Aug 4, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you haven't already, double check each listed item in Credential Manager to see if it may be listed under a different or similar name.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to delete credentials to a NAS? - Similar Threads - delete credentials NAS

2. why can I not delete old credentials in Control Panel - Credentials Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why can I not delete old credentials in Control Panel - Credentials Manager?: I am having login issues in an app which does not seem to be remembering my login detail. When I look in Control Panel - Credentials Manager, I see lots of old, out of date credentials. I have tried to delete each one of these using the remove button option, however they keep...
  3. How to list / delete FIDO2 Resident Key credentials from Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to list / delete FIDO2 Resident Key credentials from Windows Hello: When using Windows Hello to register with a WebAuthn-enabled website, the credential type can be set to "Resident Key", such as with a Microsoft Account (or on https://webauthndemo.appspot.com/ by editing the settings in the menu). Resident credentials are stored on the...
  4. credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    credentials: is there a windows/web credential default setting for win 10 pro?..ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credentials/9eeb1e06-04b1-482a-b9fa-dd2e2913c87e
  5. Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update: After last night's latest and greatest update for Windows 10, I discover that I can no longer access my Qnap NAS from the PC that was updated (I'm afraid to allow any of the other ones to update, but given Microsoft's obnoxious forced updating, I can only delay that so long)....
  6. credentials

credentials: how do I find my credentials? And how do I fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credentials/561ceeaf-e425-4b98-84df-63795185e480
  7. Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credentials: I need to change an app from being run as an administrator but when I right click and go to properties the compatibility tab isn't there. So, I went to files and found it then selected manage and it was set as being run by an administrator. I need that to not happen so I...
  8. Accidentally deleted files from NAS

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted files from NAS: I was combining some audio files that were stored on my network drive late last night and when I finished I thought I deleted all the source files and left the finished product but when I came back to the computer today I discovered that I had left the wrong one. I tried...
  9. Can't delete folder on NAS

Can't delete folder on NAS: Hello, I have a WDMyCloud NAS drive for some time now, and all was fine until a few weeks ago when I upgraded my PC to Windows 10. Since then the same problem happened twice: a folder on it becomes read only, so it is impossible to create sub folders or delete them. I can...
  10. How to set default saving to NAS?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default saving to NAS?: Just upgraded to Win 10. Under Win 7 I had all my music stored on a NAS. I can get windows to use the music from there - although ti's been intermittenet sometimes telling me there is no music.... However, I want to set the NAS as the default save location for music. In...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove Credential Manager in Windows 10 NAS Microsoft