Windows 10: how to delete credentials to a NAS?

Discus and support how to delete credentials to a NAS? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Synology NAS I use as file storage. I can connect to it in windows explorer like "\\SYNA" - I have to give a username and password. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xdzgor, Aug 4, 2016.

1. xdzgor Win User

how to delete credentials to a NAS?

Hi, I have a Synology NAS I use as file storage. I can connect to it in windows explorer like "\\SYNA" - I have to give a username and password. All well and good, but how do I try another username and password - to check the access rights? I don't get the opportunity to enter new credentials.

It seems Windows 10 remembers the credentials, and doesn't forget them. I've tried rebooting my Windows 10, and even the NAS, but my Windows 10 still remembers.

If I type "net use" there are no entries in the list (so I can't "delete" any).

If I go into the control panel, and the Windows 10 users credentials, there is nothing matching my NAS.

Thanks!

:)

xdzgor, Aug 4, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Aug 4, 2016
  3. nokia lumia 710 bluetooth plays music but phone does not work on toyota

Thank you for your reply Mark.
    I tried the phone with a bluetooth headset Motorola H700 that works with other phones and it did not work with the Nokia Lumia. I can hear the phone ringing through the ear piece/headset but no conversation can be heard.
    It is a Windows phone 7.5 and the OS version is 7.108773.98
    The car is a toyota corolla 2013 and it has the following bluetooth specifications:
    Ver. 1.1, or higher (recommended: Ver. 2.1+EDR or higher. It supports the following profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, PBAP and OPP that the phone does not support. Phones like Samsung Galaxy works on the car. I never used this phone with bluetooth considering
    that it is my wife's phone.
    I just updated the phone minutes ago and I tried it again but it did not work.
    Thank you so much for your help
    J.E.

how to do it, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello xdzgor, *Smile

It should be listed in Control Panel (icons view) -> Credential Manager under "Windows Credentials".

When found, expand it open, and click on the "Remove" link.

Brink, Aug 4, 2016
  5. xdzgor Win User
    Thanks, but "SYNA" is not listed there.

xdzgor, Aug 4, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you haven't already, double check each listed item in Credential Manager to see if it may be listed under a different or similar name.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to delete credentials to a NAS? - Similar Threads - delete credentials NAS

2. connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem: good morning. i have an issue with connecting to my NAS which I can not seem to correct. I am able to view the file names using File Explorer, but, when i try to open the files i run into a credentials road block. This issue has just popped up in the last two or three days....
  3. NAS "Enter network credentials"

NAS "Enter network credentials": Asustor NAS connected to Z490 desktop Win 11 Pro via ethernet.Password protected sharing is turned Off in Advanced network settings>Advanced sharing settings.When I try to access the NAS using File Explorer the Windows Security "Enter network credentials" dialogue box appears...
  4. NAS "Enter network credentials"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NAS "Enter network credentials": Asustor NAS connected to Z490 desktop Win 11 Pro via ethernet.Password protected sharing is turned Off in Advanced network settings>Advanced sharing settings.When I try to access the NAS using File Explorer the Windows Security "Enter network credentials" dialogue box appears...
  5. Network credentials - How I Can delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network credentials - How I Can delete?: Hello, I am having trouble deleting remembered network credentials from 2 computers. Computers are in the domain. To get to one of the directories on a network drive, you had to provide network credentials. It was marked during the application that he would remember them. Now...
  6. Network credentials - How I Can delete?

Network credentials - How I Can delete?: Hello, I am having trouble deleting remembered network credentials from 2 computers. Computers are in the domain. To get to one of the directories on a network drive, you had to provide network credentials. It was marked during the application that he would remember them. Now...
  7. Network credentials - How I Can delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. File on NAS and Folder on NAS needs to be deleted thumbs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File on NAS and Folder on NAS needs to be deleted thumbs: Windows 10 Pro in Workgroup 20H2 version NAS Buffalo \\nasbuffaloipaddress\backups\backup2020.old and thumbs file in folder Have rebooted NAS and stopped backup service in services Would like to delete The file 'thumbs.db' is a system file. If you remove it, Windows or...
  9. Network credentials in relation to WD NAS

Network credentials in relation to WD NAS: When I try to open my documents on my WD MyCloud Mirror, I am asked to enter my network credentials. I cannot find what there are- where would I locate them?...
  10. Can't delete folder on NAS

Can't delete folder on NAS: Hello, I have a WDMyCloud NAS drive for some time now, and all was fine until a few weeks ago when I upgraded my PC to Windows 10. Since then the same problem happened twice: a folder on it becomes read only, so it is impossible to create sub folders or delete them. I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove Credential Manager in Windows 10 NAS Microsoft