Windows 10: How to delete driver software after uninstalling device.

Discus and support How to delete driver software after uninstalling device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to remove the drivers from a device that I am uninstalling but the "Delete the driver software for this device" box to check off is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jcb1972, Aug 26, 2015.

1. jcb1972 Win User

How to delete driver software after uninstalling device.

I am trying to remove the drivers from a device that I am uninstalling but the "Delete the driver software for this device" box to check off is missing. When I go to reinstall the device windows automatically reinstalls the old drivers that do not work. Any idea how I can get rid of the old drivers so windows does not automatically reinstall them?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

jcb1972, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Problem with system audio.

Thank you for the detailed information, Cleo. When you uninstall a driver, there are times that a remnant of the driver will stay on your computer. If that remnant stays on your device, you may still encounter the issue even if you install a new driver.
    If you will choose the Uninstall option when right-clicking your audio driver, a window will pop-up. On that pop-up window, you must click the
    Delete the driver software for this device checkbox to completely remove the driver. We recommend that you uninstall the audio driver again but this time, click the
    Delete the driver software for this device checkbox first before clicking the
    Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes after uninstalling the audio driver again.

Argel Obm, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Black screen after Creator's Update

Same here but mine was the Intel 630 on board graphic card.

Just remember to DELETE the files.

Device Manager > Properties > Driver > Uninstall Device > Delete the driver software for this device.

MarcelCosta79, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Welcome to the forum jcb1972, what is the driver?

5. jcb1972 Win User
    It is the driver to a Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card in a Lenovo Y510P laptop.

jcb1972, Aug 26, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    After uninstalling the old driver without rebooting install the driver you wanted. Uninstall any Proset Wireless Software in Programs, if they are present.

brummyfan, Aug 26, 2015
  7. jcb1972 Win User
    I do not have any wireless software programs installed, just the drivers. If I uninstall the old driver then go to install the one that I want, I get the prompt that tells me that Windows is already using the best driver available. *Mad

jcb1972, Aug 26, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

WhyMe, Aug 26, 2015
  9. jcb1972 Win User
    This piece of hardware is notorious for dropping connection. When I first got this laptop March of 2014 I played hell getting this WiFi card to work with 8.1. After uninstalling the drivers and installing some older ones I finally got it to work. I went for well over a year running 8.1 with no connectivity issues whatsoever. Now that I have upgraded to Win 10 I cannot get the card to work. First step in trying to install older drivers to see if they work is uninstalling the old ones without windows automatically reinstalling the drivers that I don't want to use.

jcb1972, Aug 27, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    Not too sure what exactly what you are saying. Please clarify your last post if poss *Smile

If you mean you are trying to install older drivers than Win10 is trying to install, thus causing a kinda battle between you and Win10 over control, then you can try using Microsoft Show & Hide Updates utility to prevent Win10 from automatically changing your selected driver.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

WhyMe, Aug 27, 2015
  11. bro67 Win User
    The way to properly remove the device and its drivers from the OS, is to do it from Device Manager and choose the selection to remove the device, when you choose to uninstall drivers. I do not know why it took 7 posts on something so simple.

bro67, Aug 27, 2015
  12. WhyMe Win User
    If you look under my username it says "Village Idiot". I cannot comment about the support needs of everyone else *Biggrin

WhyMe, Aug 27, 2015
  13. jcb1972 Win User

OK, so I go to the link above and select drivers for Win 10 64 bit, install and reboot and the old drivers are still showing.
    Driver from link above is version 18.1.1525.1445 dated 8-28 (I am sure that is an auto generated date) and the version showing on my computer AFTER installing the drivers is 15.16.0.2 dated 1-6-15. I hate this laptop....

jcb1972, Aug 28, 2015
  14. jcb1972 Win User
    Read my posts. I am trying to uninstall the device as well as all of the drivers associated with it. The option to remove all of the device drivers is not an option as it was in window 7.

jcb1972, Aug 28, 2015
  15. topgundcp Win User
    Different versions of drivers are stored in: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. This is where Windows search for drivers to install.
    If you wish, download: DriverStore Explorer. Right click and run as Admin. Click on Enumerate and go thru the list to find the driver that you want to remove from Windows, check mark to select the driver and check mark on Force deletion then click on Delete Package

How to delete driver software after uninstalling device. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to delete driver software after uninstalling device. - Similar Threads - delete driver software

2. Mistakenly deleted driver software from device manager/system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mistakenly deleted driver software from device manager/system: I was experiencing some issues with my wireless keyboard So I decided to uninstall then update it. I failed to see that an option for deleting the driver software was ticked and so it was uninstalled AND deleted from my device manager. Keep in mind this is a "plug and play"...
  3. Mistakenly deleted driver software from device manager/system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mistakenly deleted driver software from device manager/system: I was experiencing some issues with my wireless keyboard So I decided to uninstall then update it. I failed to see that an option for deleting the driver software was ticked and so it was uninstalled AND deleted from my device manager. Keep in mind this is a "plug and play"...
  4. Mistakenly deleted driver software from device manager/system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device Driver Uninstall

Device Driver Uninstall: I have tried to uninstall the old basic drivers from my old HP printer, before installing the software for my new Canon printer, but get an “error 5 for package” message saying “A caller of DriverPackageInstall must be a member of the Administrators group to install a driver...
  6. How to Uninstall Completely softwares

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Uninstall Completely softwares: [ATTACH] I use Your Uninstaller software but I still find some folders of uninstalled softwares in AppData/Local. For example, Marmoset Toolbag3, Quixel. Can I delete these folders?...
  7. Delete driver software for this device missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete driver software for this device missing: [ATTACH] where did the \"Delete driver software for this device\" go submitted by /u/iiStik [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gucb9d/delete_driver_software_for_this_device_missing/
  8. Installing a software after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing a software after uninstalling: Hi, I have a problem with installing a program I recently uninstalled. I was installing the update of the program then I get the error: 'An error -5005 : 0x80070002 has occurred while running the setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other...
  9. Uninstall Device Software

Uninstall Device Software: Need to uninstall/reinstall HP OfficeJet 6950 Basic Device Software, but get following error message. "Call to DriverPackageUninstall returned error 5 to the pachage 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hpwia_oj6950.inf': A caller of DriverPackageInstall must be...
  10. Device driver software installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device driver software installation: Keep on getting error messages to finish installing software. I go into Security and Maintenance and I'm constantly getting the following info:- Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\newdev.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH...