Windows 10: How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

Discus and support How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I get trustedinstaller Privledges. 15460 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Auskart, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Auskart Win User

How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

How do I get trustedinstaller Privledges.

:)

Auskart, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Windows10UserIE, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Un-install Internet Explorer protected by TrustedInstaller

I have updated to Windows 10 and would like to download Internet Explorer.

The down load would no happen because EI says I already have a copy.

I have a corrupted version of Internet Explorer in program files.

I cannot delete the corrupted EI because it is protected by TrustedInstaller.

How can I get rid of TrustedInstaller in Windows 10.

Mary Ann Kelly, Aug 11, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Aug 11, 2015
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Aug 11, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I got popcorn ready and I want to watch the fireworks if he/she does. What I wonder is what the OP wants to delete.

BunnyJ, Aug 11, 2015
  7. Auskart Win User
    Worked it out, thanks.

Auskart, Aug 11, 2015
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Apparently, his ability to ever boot up again!

How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller [​IMG]
    Did love your response.....

f14tomcat, Aug 11, 2015
  9. Would you care to share your result's ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 11, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes,, I would really love to know why anyone would want to modify OS system files??

BunnyJ, Aug 11, 2015
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Sorry, what was the issue? Glad you worked it out, but I don't know what "it" is? sorry.. can you explain?

f14tomcat, Aug 11, 2015
  12. mb300e Win User
    I had a similar issue but the files were on a clone drive not on a system drive. I guess I could have done a reformat instead.

mb300e, Apr 5, 2016
  13. RolandJS Win User

Because sysprep kicks in without any "change-mind?" prompt, I was able to externally boot [Linux I think] and add DISABLED to the ending of sysprep so that it cannot be activated - until I'm good and ready to active it.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2016
  14. jamecleve Win User
    jamecleve, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller - Similar Threads - delete files protected

2. How to reinstall .dll files that are secured with trustedinstaller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall .dll files that are secured with trustedinstaller?: Hello everyone!It hasn't been long since i reinstalled my windows, but i am having some really big issues.I am application error:"The application was unable to start correctly" with error code of 0x000007b.I know that it shows me that error, beacause there is something not...
  3. TrustedInstaller deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  4. TrustedInstaller deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  5. Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller: Hello, I accidentally selected to save new apps on D drive, and some new folders appeared on my D drive. However, I didn't want that to happen and now I want to delete those new folders. Whenever I try to delete WindowsApps and ProgramFiles folder on D drive those folders...
  6. How to delete a protected file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete a protected file?: I recently used DISM to extract files from an ISO. This is on a laptop with a single disk so I extracted the stuff to a folder on my C: drive. I don't know if that was a mistake or not. Anyway, I found what I was looking for and now want to delete the folder. First I was...
  7. How to remove the TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove the TrustedInstaller: Is this a virus or something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-trustedinstaller/07dba4f9-97e5-4811-a90d-e72821273afe
  8. How to delete drm protected wma files

How to delete drm protected wma files: I have a lot of wma files on my hard disk that are protected by DRM. The files are useless now due to the music provider has taken off the server that provided licenses for them. I might have unprotected (and therefore useful) files among them. That's why I do not want to...
  9. how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?

how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?: I made a folder in c:\program files (x86) called windows nt and want to delete it. I made it so that I could play the pinball game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-folder-i-made-protected-by/b9851810-0597-422f-8f47-f0673261971b"
  10. is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Customization
    is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller: I don't know what trustedinstaller does but the only thing I know is it is stopping me editing files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-bad-to-disabledelete-trustedinstaller/b4d3c0c6-5965-48b3-b487-e46b96ce375d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete files trustedinstaller

2. win 10 how to delete TrustedInstaller protected files

3. How to Delete Files Protected by TrustedInstaller

4. delete such files protected by trustedinstaller sccm,
  5. Windows 7/8/10 – How to Delete Files Protected by TrustedInstaller