Windows 10: How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions

Discus and support How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, How do I delete the extra Recovery Partitions in disk management? I have four in total, and they vary in size. One is 20GB! See the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregorBrown, Aug 18, 2016.

1. How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions

Hello,

How do I delete the extra Recovery Partitions in disk management? I have four in total, and they vary in size. One is 20GB!

See the screen shot below.

I have seen the YouTube video posted: How to delete recovery partition in Windows 10/8.1/8 - YouTube
    Is this a good way to go about getting ride of them?

Also, do I need to keep one of them?

:)

GregorBrown, Aug 18, 2016

2. How to remove multiple recovery partitions from the system

You have 3 extra partitions, which definitely are not empty.Neither it is easier to identify which ones are not required.Disk Management shows them as empty, but when you use a 3rd party software it shows that there is a bit of data in it which is used by
    the system.

See this:

How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions [​IMG]

Same both partitions using EaseUS:

I suspect that these ones were made once you upgraded to Windows 10 and then one when you installed the november update.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Utkarsh86 Win User
    How to remove multiple recovery partitions from the system

Hello,

I have a windows 10 system, while checking in disk management i noticed that there are 7 recovery partitions. All of them are empty but i dont know how to delete them and retrieve the system space. I have posted an image so that it is easier to understand
    what i am trying to explain.

Please tell me how to delete or merge the recovery partitions.

Utkarsh86, Aug 18, 2016
  4. How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions

Here is the screen shot.

Thanks!

5. Samuria Win User
    Welcome to the forum. It's best to get some partition software as it's simpler than Windows it not just deleting them which is simple it's then moving partitions in order grow them to take up the space. There are lots of free software often with video tutors

Samuria, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Is this an easy fix?
    Is there a partition software you would recommend?

7. EdTittel Win User
    There are several good free partition managers available. MajorGeeks.com is a safe, mostly reliable source of downloads. They offer links to tools that include MiniTool Partition Wizard, Easus Partition Manager, Partition Magic, Paragon Partition Manager Express Free (I've used their commercial Hard Disk Manager Suite for years, and it's great), and more. Of those options, I've heard good things about Partition Magic and Easus Partition Manager, but you'll want to get a weigh-in from other forum members, especially Kyhi and Fafhrd, both of whom have lots of experience with such tools.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 18, 2016
  8. How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions

And one of those will help me explain the partitions that I don't need?

Thanks!

9. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Aug 18, 2016
  10. They are tools that will help reorganize your disk after determining which ones you need.

The 20.88 GB partition is probably the OEM Recovery media

To help determine what Win10 needs

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    type the follwoing command and post a screen shot

reagentc /info

Slartybart, Aug 18, 2016
  11. Topgundcp beat me - drat

I like his method - saves a lot of questions, it's easy, and it works very well post# 6

I've used both his UEFI and MBR Macrium templates.

Slartybart, Aug 18, 2016
  12. I will look at that other thread, post number 6 and try it when I am home from this business trip.

Regarding that Command Prompt, it opens a window for a fraction of a second and it then disappears. I am unable to take a screen shot.

Thanks.

GregorBrown, Aug 19, 2016
  13. How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions

Hello,
    I am looking at this again now. In the other thread, number 6, does it delete any of my data on C: or my D: partition that I already created? It looks complicated, but I supposed I can make my way through the Option 2 in the thread post 6.

I have posted an image of my partitions again using MiniTool. Is there some easy step I can take using MiniTool?
    Thanks.

GregorBrown, Sep 17, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Hi, to do that (simply address the issue with partition management) you do need to do what Slartybart said #8 so you can identify the partition you actually need to keep for sure.

Before making any changes, make sure you have a full set of disk images to give you a second chance.

If you are experiencing difficulty with the command prompt window, that does indicate some other issue.
    Try
    Windows key + X, click Command prompt (admin).

Does that work?

Here's mine:

Now you will note partition5 in the command prompt window.
    Count to 5 in the partitions on the relevant disk - Disk 2 in my case.

Note there is a 450Mb Recovery Partition as partition 1. I believe the 2nd was created when I did an in-place upgrade repair. 450 Mb is typical. Note there's a 16Mb partition too, which shouldn't be touched.

In your case, the largest is likely to be a manufacturer's recovery partition, assuming that's applicable. I'd be guessing about the others.

After that you could consider using a bootable partition manager to rearrange your partitions.

===========================
    Using disk imaging and a Clean install.

You won't lose any data. Why? All you're dealing with is your system disk/ partitions, and if you have followed the procedure, the OS partition created by the clean install is replaced by your existing one.

You get a clean partition layout - assuming you've deleted all unnecessary partitions on that disk- or formatted it before clean installing- and your Windows exactly as was.

At the end you'll need to do a startup repair.

dalchina, Sep 17, 2016
  15. Thanks again. I'll give it a try. I'll let you know!

GregorBrown, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions

1. How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions - Similar Threads - delete multiple Recovery

2. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?: I have an HP laptop 15-r014tx. The specifications are : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04337700 .I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12 GB4GB existing + 8GB new. I also installed a new 256GB SSD and the existing HDD was moved to the CD/DVD drive slot. Now, I do not...
  3. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?: I have an HP laptop 15-r014tx. The specifications are : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04337700 .I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12 GB4GB existing + 8GB new. I also installed a new 256GB SSD and the existing HDD was moved to the CD/DVD drive slot. Now, I do not...
  4. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple recovery partitions: I have multiple recoveryWinRE partitions on my windows 11 pro laptop, can anyone tell me why? if it helps, i recently did a repair upgrade because my start menu wasn't working, which fixed that problem, but before i did the repair upgrade, i made a new storage partition which...
  6. Multiple recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple recovery partitions: I have multiple recoveryWinRE partitions on my windows 11 pro laptop, can anyone tell me why? if it helps, i recently did a repair upgrade because my start menu wasn't working, which fixed that problem, but before i did the repair upgrade, i made a new storage partition which...
  7. Deleting recovery partition - how?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting recovery partition - how?: I've prepared the recovery USB drive - how do I now delete the recovery partition on my C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-recovery-partition-how/0d943c1b-93d5-4310-8350-c995f1609505
  8. delete recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delete recovery partition: delete recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/delete-recovery-partition/14446a8a-df85-41a2-b0aa-05686c1185d6
  9. how to restore deleted recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to restore deleted recovery partition?: I recently created a Recovery USB drive. After it was done I said yes to "delete recovery partition". I now find I have a new F drive of about 10 gig on my hard drive. Can anyone please advise me what happened here, and can I do anything about it. I am NOT a guru but can...
  10. Deleted Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Recovery Partition: I have an HP laptop that shipped with Windows 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 weeks ago and tonight I accidentally reformatted my D: drive recovery partition. I have recovery media on a USB pen drive that I made back when I first set up my computer. Has Windows 10 changed...