Windows 10: How to delete old network interfaces?

Discus and support How to delete old network interfaces? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I'm having trouble working with the latest Docker release and it is complaining at me that it can't create a network interface called 'vEthernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrChris, May 10, 2016.

1. MrChris Win User

How to delete old network interfaces?

So I'm having trouble working with the latest Docker release and it is complaining at me that it can't create a network interface called 'vEthernet (DockerNAT)', because one already exists (true, I have upgraded the version and one did exist previous to that upgrade).

I've had a look using NetworkInterfaceView (NetworkInterfacesView - show network adapters/interfaces information), and I see a number of old (disabled but not deleted) network interfaces:

How to delete old network interfaces? [​IMG]

However I can't find any way to delete these old interfaces; I've uninstalled HyperV and rebooted - still there.
    I tried registry hacking but made a mess and had to restore from a backup (the listing was gone, but the CLSID was used elsewhere I guess and it's still causing issues).

So; any ideas?

:)

MrChris, May 10, 2016

2. How to delete old network media device?

Hi,

You can remove it through Media streaming options. To learn how, kindly follow the steps that were provided by
    Yashwanth Kotakuri last October 3, 2015 in this thread:

Disable/Remove Media Devices from the Network (WMP?)
    . A lot of community member were helped by his reply.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, May 10, 2016
  3. A123 Win User
    How to delete old network media device?

How do I delete an old network media device that refers to a Microsoft acount that no longer exists in Windows 10?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet]

Thema:

How to delete old network interfaces?

1. How to delete old network interfaces? - Similar Threads - delete old network

2. Wireles network interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireles network interface: I'm having a problem with the WiFi network card being disabled, many of the cases that happen are when the computer is coming back from sleep mode.Displays the following log:WLAN Extensibility Module stopped.Module Path: C:\windows\system32\IntelIHVRouter10.dllWiFi driver is...
  3. Wireles network interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireles network interface: I'm having a problem with the WiFi network card being disabled, many of the cases that happen are when the computer is coming back from sleep mode.Displays the following log:WLAN Extensibility Module stopped.Module Path: C:\windows\system32\IntelIHVRouter10.dllWiFi driver is...
  4. Wireles network interface

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to completely delete "not supported interface" files

How to completely delete "not supported interface" files: Hello. I'm having an issue to delete files that say they have "a non supported interface". First of all those files belonged to a program I also had a bit of trouble to uninstall but thankfully I managed to delete after following a guide from this site Movavi Screen Recorder....
  6. How to completely delete "not supported interface" files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely delete "not supported interface" files: Hello. I'm having an issue to delete files that say they have "a non supported interface". First of all those files belonged to a program I also had a bit of trouble to uninstall but thankfully I managed to delete after following a guide from this site Movavi Screen Recorder....
  7. How to delete old share from showing up in network

How to delete old share from showing up in network: I am not sure where to ask this question so, if my question is in the wrong place, I trust that someone will transfer it to the correct section. I am using Windows 10 Pro v. 1703. I recently replaced a hard drive in a networked windows 10 pc. This drive was not the system...
  8. delete an old network

delete an old network: I have an old network still showing in lists of networks how do I remove or delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/delete-an-old-network/5417317a-8c86-461d-abff-04d55f5fa25a
  9. Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection

Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection: Hi all, I do a lot of networking and often connect various USB Ethernet and WiFi NICs, in addition to the internal ones. Over time, these add up to tons of Ethernet 1, 2, 3 etc and Network 5, 8, 10, etc. I usually ignore it. But how does one clean it up? This has...
  10. How to rename network interfaces

How to rename network interfaces: Hi, I've got a new DSL router and configured it with the same settings as previous. I already tried and successfuly renamed Network Adapters as they were before, it is now Ethernet and Wi-Fi but it is still not enough. netsh interface show interface command still saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows interface delete

2. remove old interfaces windows

3. remove old network interfaces from windows