Windows 10: How to delete old windows file/folder

Discus and support How to delete old windows file/folder in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded my Windows 8 OS to Windows 10 and it has left : Old.windows folder with many included files on my Harddrive. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by luvdub, Jan 2, 2016.

1. luvdub Win User

How to delete old windows file/folder

Hi,

I just upgraded my Windows 8 OS to Windows 10 and it has left :

Old.windows folder

with many included files on my Harddrive. I have already backed up and transferred all the files I wanted to keep from that old version and wish to delete that file and all that is in it. But it seems not to allow me to do that. I have tried numerous times with Admin privileges and it still will not allow be to delete.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

:)

luvdub, Jan 2, 2016
  2. Stannel Win User

unable to recover space from dleted old windows 10 file,

Hi, I did gain 2 gig from other files, but I did not receive the 9gb that I expected from the old windows. How can I delete the empty old window folders? The folder old windows still appears in file mgr. If I try to delete them it says that I can't. Is
    it possible that the space wasn't released when the files were removed ? Hidden ? Thanks for your help .

Stannel, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 2, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Jan 2, 2016
  5. Vladimir Win User
    Disk Properties >> Disk Cleaning >> System Files

How to delete old windows file/folder [​IMG]

*Smile

Vladimir, Jan 2, 2016
  6. luvdub Win User
    Resolved...Perfect. Thanks you both. Totally makes sense too. Great help!

luvdub, Jan 2, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

Please mark this thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to delete old windows file/folder - Similar Threads - delete old file

2. how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?: I have a folder full of subfolders which themselves are full of subfolders with images, I want to delete the folders themselves but keep the images. I've been trying to use the search:*kind:picture tool to do it but there are so many images that file explorer keeps crashing...
  3. how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?: I have a folder full of subfolders which themselves are full of subfolders with images, I want to delete the folders themselves but keep the images. I've been trying to use the search:*kind:picture tool to do it but there are so many images that file explorer keeps crashing...
  4. Deleting old files of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting old files of windows: Should I delete the older files of windows 10 versions on my laptop or should I keep them? submitted by /u/cCrUzCc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbgexs/deleting_old_files_of_windows/
  5. Folder "Search" not deleting old file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder "Search" not deleting old file names: For some reason my computer isn't deleting old file names. Example: I have a picture named "Bob 1.0". I then change the name to "Bob 2.0". I then move that picture from Folder 1A to Folder 2B. When I do a search for "Bob" I get three results: I get "Bob 1.0", "Bob 2.0" in...
  6. Old Windows folder delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Windows folder delete: I just installed win 10 . I have 2 more drives with Win7 OS( Windows folders) in them. I am trying to delete these folders in vain. I am logged in as administrator. Any ideas?...
  7. Deleting Windows Old Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting Windows Old Files: My Tablet just updated to Version 1803 Build 17134.81 As strange as it sounds, Windows Disk Cleanup says I have 11.5 GIGS! of "Old Windows Installation." Is this safe to delete/remove? 111537
  8. How Delete an Old "Users" Folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Delete an Old "Users" Folders: Hi, I build a PC in 2014 and installed W7 and I changed the user profile folders path in the registry for new users to be created on a drive "E:\Users" different from my small ssd "C:" drive. I have already updated to W10 and I am having some small problems, but I can not...
  9. How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old WindowsApps folder?: I have the problem below. Please help me! 1. Yesterday, I have changed Windows Apps Installation Drive to E: -> Windows 10 created WindowsApps on E: -> I have changed back to C: but WindowsApps folder still exist on E: -> I can not deleted that folder. 2. I reset the...
  10. How do I delete old Windows folders???

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete old Windows folders???: Okay this is a hard question because I have been trying to do this for a while. I have two old Windows folders - 40 gig of wasted space. Here's what I have done: 1. renamed them 2. tried many times to delete them (or some of them). 3. removed "trusted installer" as the owner...