Windows 10: How to delete "personal info" from Live Tiles?

Discus and support How to delete "personal info" from Live Tiles? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 8.1 there was an option to delete personal info from live tiles, this was also possible on previous Windows 10 builds but I can't find it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JayK, Jan 31, 2016.

1. JayK Win User

How to delete "personal info" from Live Tiles?

In Windows 8.1 there was an option to delete personal info from live tiles, this was also possible on previous Windows 10 builds but I can't find it. This was useful for when inevitably something breaks on the start screen and we could 'refresh' all the tiles.

My Mail App is stuck showing 1 unread message because I reimaged back but backed up with that 1 message unread.

Can anyone help? I can't bare the robotic Microsoft Answers site.

:)

2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jan 31, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Jan 31, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

There is an option for any tile to "Turn live tile off". It is found by right clicking the tile and selecting More.

Not sure if this is what you wanted for the Mail tile?

Alternatively, if you check in your mail app for unread messages, can you find the one that is still unread?

How to delete "personal info" from Live Tiles? [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    I think you might be thinking of wsreset but it doesn't really help much.

If that doesn't work you have two options. You could remove the "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps" program (see here) and then download it again from the store or you could make a new account.

The app details are found in your profiles' %localappdata% directory and you can't just delete or edit them.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to delete "personal info" from Live Tiles? - Similar Threads - delete personal info

2. Live Tile info !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Live Tile info !: Good morning, maybe a silly question to ask ! I use a screen capture program a lot for showing friends how to do things in Windows 10. While showing various things it also shows various personal info on my "Live Tiles" etc. Is it possible to change the details shown on the...
  3. Live Tile info !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Tile info !: Good morning, maybe a silly question to ask ! I use a screen capture program a lot for showing friends how to do things in Windows 10. While showing various things it also shows various personal info on my "Live Tiles" etc. Is it possible to change the details shown on the...
  4. Live Tile info !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to delete a post mistakenly with personal info on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete a post mistakenly with personal info on it: Hi I put a picture on a post that exposes and email address of friend, since i am not getting any more replies for my post I want to delete it, how can i delete a thread on here? Thanks...
  6. Live tiles

Live tiles: What does the Movies and TV live tile actually do? It's just sitting there doing nothing even after I've added my videos. I even tried resizing it lmao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tiles/1b2082a0-7a16-47ea-9685-ff3fc6ef2506
  7. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Live tiles don't work when the screen set on a custom scale. Like 110%. Actually they work if the tile's size is medium, but if it is different than the medium it doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  8. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Advice please ! It is better to have the live tiles in Windows 10 turned off for better performance ? What tiles if any should be turned on and why ? I seem to think my laptop boots up quicker with most of my live tiles turned off ! Brian...
  9. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do? 9255
  10. Live tiles

Live tiles: Just curious. If I open my start menu the live tiles like store, weather and news do their thing. Cycling through. But after a a while they stop updating and show a static picture or piece of info. Is that how it should be? I would prefer they were on a repeatable loop. Is...