Windows 10: How to Delete the Old Windows Files after Upgrading Windows 10?

Discus and support How to Delete the Old Windows Files after Upgrading Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK,OK You might be thinkin' now that "What a DUMB Question is This?" But First before typing that please read through! After Upgrading my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Aug 2, 2016.

1. PRince4 Win User

How to Delete the Old Windows Files after Upgrading Windows 10?

OK,OK You might be thinkin' now that "What a DUMB Question is This?"
    But First before typing that please read through!

After Upgrading my Windows 10 to Latest Build Windows Showed me that i Haven't have any Space Left in my HDD so it recommended me to delete the Temporary Files and Windows Old Files :

How to Delete the Old Windows Files after Upgrading Windows 10? [​IMG]

And so i did that but Wait! The temporary files were gone but the Windows.old files are still there i actually searched how to remove those unnecessary files Found a Solution Which tells me to use "Disk CleanUP" but the disk clean up shows me this :

And after that windows notification still pops Up this to me :

------------------------------------------------------

Please help me out a bit LADS i need help :

I also use CCleaner to remove unnecessary files...

:)

PRince4, Aug 2, 2016

2. How to delete old Windows files?

... what?

What specifically are you attempting to delete (and using what methodology) that you cannot delete (trying to read into what you asked)?

Shenan Stanley, Aug 2, 2016
  3. How to delete old Windows files?

who do you delete the old windows files on your computer because I can't?

Original subject: old window

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

DouglasCenteno, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

In the disk clean shot you have posted above click on system files it will then rescan and remove windows.old etc

Samuria, Aug 2, 2016
  5. aardvark Win User
    This might also help:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

And you can also download this disk cleaner which finds much more than CCleaner. I have used this for years without any issues; however, make sure you run it at default values (no deep clean). I am only suggesting this because it sounds like you are in a real pinch to recover some space: Wise Disk Cleaner - Free Disk Cleanup and Defrag Tool

It comes in a portable version as well:
    WiseCleaner Downloads - Download Free Registry Cleaner, Download Free Disk Cleaner, Download Wise Care 365

aardvark, Aug 2, 2016
  6. PRince4 Win User
    Ok bro i've tried this method you just gave me but still it's not helping me :

PRince4, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Delete the Old Windows Files after Upgrading Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Delete Old Files

2. CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ?: Hi, can we delete old windows 10 system file after windows 11 upgrade or will it be automatically deleted after some time ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-delete-old-windows-10-file-after-windows-11/449aaaf6-97b5-462f-8466-1c21363950e6
  3. CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ?: Hi, can we delete old windows 10 system file after windows 11 upgrade or will it be automatically deleted after some time ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-delete-old-windows-10-file-after-windows-11/449aaaf6-97b5-462f-8466-1c21363950e6
  4. How do I delete old Windows 10 files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I delete old Windows 10 files?: [ATTACH] My secondary drive where I store my games used to be the drive where I had my OS on, and still has the windows files on there, and I am unable to delete them I have attached an image, and I intend to keep the files highlighted (Fortnite, Games, Models and Maps,...
  5. Deleting old files of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting old files of windows: Should I delete the older files of windows 10 versions on my laptop or should I keep them? submitted by /u/cCrUzCc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbgexs/deleting_old_files_of_windows/
  6. Accessing old Window files after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accessing old Window files after upgrade: Hi, I finally successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro 64-bit to Win 10 (with the excellent help from people on this forum!). But there were some things that I wanted to backup and didn't. But I discovered that my old Windows files are still on my computer. Is it safe to access...
  7. Deleting Windows Old Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting Windows Old Files: My Tablet just updated to Version 1803 Build 17134.81 As strange as it sounds, Windows Disk Cleanup says I have 11.5 GIGS! of "Old Windows Installation." Is this safe to delete/remove? 111537
  8. How to delete old windows file/folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old windows file/folder: Hi, I just upgraded my Windows 8 OS to Windows 10 and it has left : Old.windows folder with many included files on my Harddrive. I have already backed up and transferred all the files I wanted to keep from that old version and wish to delete that file and all that is...
  9. Files Deleted After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Files Deleted After Upgrade: Upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 took some minor getting used to having to find new ways to do things I took for granted like opening up settings. I finally got comfortable with the new OS and decided to watch some videos I had stored in folders I made a few weeks ago. I...
  10. Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10: Hiya....I mounted my windows 10 ISO file with Magic Disk to upgrade only to find out that Windows 10 does not support Magic Disk. I uninstalled the drive it was using in device manager but still does not allow me to delete it. Everytime I reboot the ISO shows as mounted...