Windows 10: How to delete WindowsApps.old folder?

Discus and support How to delete WindowsApps.old folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I had a problem with restore point so I took the ownership of the: C:\Program files\WindowsApps folder and I renamed it. After that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pipppero2007, Mar 24, 2017.

1. How to delete WindowsApps.old folder?

Hi,

I had a problem with restore point so I took the ownership of the:

C:\Program files\WindowsApps

folder and I renamed it.

After that I was able to use the restore point tool of Windows without any issue and Windows create a new "WindowsApps" folder leaving the ".old" one.

Now I am crazy because I cannot DELETE the "WindowsApps.old" folder in anyway!!!

I am able to move it, I am able partially to move it to another drive. But it's impossible to delete!!!
    I take the ownership of every folder and files inside it, first as my USER and after as ADMINISTRATOR GROUP.

But nothing, nothing!!!

So I downloaded a couple of LIVE USB tools as Macrium and Lazersoft... but that folder is on the S.O. partiton and with these tools I cannot see that partion at all. I can only see secondary partition of data (why this?).

Please help, I am confused and crazy!!!

:)

Pipppero2007, Mar 24, 2017

2. Inaccessible Boot Device after todays Cumulative Windows 10 Update

UPDATE!

We renamed the WindowsApps to WindowsApps.old, then booted to Win 10 USB Key to perform a system restore.

FIXED!

Testing on additional PCs now.

CaliDuck916, Mar 24, 2017
  3. Inaccessible Boot Device after todays Cumulative Windows 10 Update

In this case, there isn't a system conflict. It's caused by permissions corruption caused by the patch which can be rectified by renaming the WindowsApps folder to WindowsApps.old and then restarting the System Restore process. There are several articles
    on the internet providing instructions.

Troy Dubé, Mar 24, 2017
  4. OldMike65 Win User

How to delete WindowsApps.old folder?

OldMike65, Mar 25, 2017
  5. Safe mode? You make it too easier... it absolutely dont work!

I doubt also your rescue iso method because i run another windows 10 on the same machine and nothing to do!

But i will desperately try your method please tell me how to put that iso into a bootable pen drive using rufus... is that possible?

I am in uefi mode.

Ps: i must wait because actually there is unlocker running VERY slow from the OTHER win 10 and i dobt know what is doing (cpu 20% used from 10/15 minutes...).

Pipppero2007, Mar 25, 2017
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Don't need that old app for anything (rufus) I am on a UEFI system on all 4 of my computers.
    All you need to do is format the usb drive to fat32, then copy all the files from the compressed form its in after you d/l it. Then boot from that usb stick. You can use the program 7-zip to move those files to your usb stick once you format it to fat32. 7-zip is a free app.
    Download

Once you boot to your usb stick, you should not have any problems removing that folder, reason you can't now, is most likey their are files on that folder still in use.

OldMike65, Mar 25, 2017
  7. Never thought a simply copy could make a pen drive to boot... always thought that i need something (like rufus).
    So just decompress the iso using 7zip and then copy into the fat32 pen and uefi will boot???
    Please stay with me i need support in the while unlocker is more than 50%... but i dont know what is doing...

PS: no, it's not in use that folder! I am running with a secondary WIN10 that don't use that folder :-(

PPS: Unlocker is about 80% but I went with CMD in that folder and every sub-folder is still in there... so Unlocker didn't work.

8. OldMike65 Win User

That file you d/l is NOT in ISO format ....its zipped ....what is this Unlocker ???

OldMike65, Mar 25, 2017
  9. Pipppero2007, Mar 25, 2017
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    I NEVER told you to use or download that file!!!
    I told you to use Kyhi's Windows 10 Recovery Tools
    and I posted a link for you, to download it.

OldMike65, Mar 25, 2017
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Well good luck, hope you remove that folder, I have to leave for a while.
    Mike...

OldMike65, Mar 25, 2017
  12. Unlocked was already running before your first answer so I am wait it to finish his job but it is doing anything :-(

Your tool is clear I am downloading the 64bit version.
    What I don't understand is why you keep telling that is not ISO, while it is ISO!!!

13. OldMike65 Win User

Sorry for that, as I thought he zipped them, my mistake. Z-zip will copy all those files in that iso, right to your usb drive, once you format it to fat32. 7-zip can come in very handy for you in the future also. Lots of us use it.

OldMike65, Mar 25, 2017
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Once you run 7-zip it will install itself unto your pull down screen in file explorer, then high-lite the iso file and right click on it, then you should see 7-zip on your list. Then choose "extract files ..." then just input your drive letter that the usb stick is in. Here is a pic of mine....

How to delete WindowsApps.old folder? [​IMG]

OldMike65, Mar 25, 2017
  15. You totally SAVE ME.

Your tool at the begin crashed during the deletion of the folder, but after that, the folder was really deleted...

Thema:

1. How to delete WindowsApps.old folder? - Similar Threads - delete WindowsApps old

2. How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?: Hello, I've reset my pc before and now when I try to move or download a windows app to my E drive it tells me it needs to delete the old folder to do so. When trying to do that it tells me the operation did not complete successfully and gives me an error code of 0x80070002....
  3. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  4. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  5. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to delete windowsapps folder?

How to delete windowsapps folder?: So yesterday, my ssd wasnt detected and I restarted my pc and it seems to have fixed it. But, when I try to launch Forza or Hollow knight which is in my SSD it wont launch. I wanted to reinstall it cuz i figured its probably because of my ssd not being detected the other day...
  7. How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?

How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?: Hi, I have recently upgraded my pc and moved my second hard drive from my old pc to my new one. I put in a new C drive with more space so I don't need to install games from the Microsoft store onto my hard drive. I reinstalled all my games but cannot find a way to delete...
  8. how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder: My old laptop broke and i had a windows app folder on my :D i have a new pc now and i cant delete it i read tutorials and they all did not work submitted by /u/Agreeable_Ad_7313 [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder: Hi, So a few months ago I had a problem with an Insiders update so I had to reset my computer C: drive only. Prior to re-setting my computer, I had some official apps installed from Xbox Beta and Microsoft Store on the D: drive which is on a different hard drive than my...
  10. How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old WindowsApps folder?: I have the problem below. Please help me! 1. Yesterday, I have changed Windows Apps Installation Drive to E: -> Windows 10 created WindowsApps on E: -> I have changed back to C: but WindowsApps folder still exist on E: -> I can not deleted that folder. 2. I reset the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsapps folder got created in d: partition how to remove it