Windows 10: How To Determine Content of Other Files Shown in Windows Backup Usage

Discus and support How To Determine Content of Other Files Shown in Windows Backup Usage in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When using the Win 7 Backup program on my Win 10 computer, my disk space usage summary shows an entry called Other Files, in addition to Data Files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Durango, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Durango Win User

How To Determine Content of Other Files Shown in Windows Backup Usage

When using the Win 7 Backup program on my Win 10 computer, my disk space usage summary shows an entry called Other Files, in addition to Data Files and System Image.

What is the purpose and content of these Other Files? They currently require a pretty big chunk (497 GB) of my 2 TB backup drive.

I would sincerely appreciate any advice or education. Thanks in advance.

:)

Durango, Jul 24, 2016

2. Backup data

I have given option not to include a heavy folder while backup. But windows backup is backing the folder contents. As such, my backup disk is filled and I get a warning. When I go to delete unwanted files and reduce space, files or folders are not shown
    individually and I have to delete the whole backup to release space in the disk. How can I command to exclude a folder during the backup process?

Sharma Umakanthan, Jul 24, 2016
  3. E71 and Ovi issue

1. check manually whether backup (.nbu file) is available here: c:\users\Nokia\documents\ovi\backups

2. If you select to restore a different backup file, the view is updated automatically according to the contents of the selected file. Only the content which can be restored to the currently connected device is shown. All content backed up from a different
    device model may not be compatible with the currently connected device.

For more information Run NOS> Help> Nokia Ovisuite help

satari---01, Jul 24, 2016
Thema:

How To Determine Content of Other Files Shown in Windows Backup Usage

1. How To Determine Content of Other Files Shown in Windows Backup Usage - Similar Threads - Determine Content Files

2. Reflect Backup Files / Sets not Shown in Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reflect Backup Files / Sets not Shown in Recovery Environment: I booted to the Macrium Recovery Environment for Reflect v8 for my PC which has a system drive C and another drive D for Reflect backups. I can browse to find the backup files on drive D in the recovery environment. However, when I add the path D:\Reflect Backups no backup...
  3. Other Files in Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other Files in Backup: In Windows 10 how can I find my D drive Backup other files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-files-in-backup/cceb46b8-9b54-455e-a12a-108f52700f0e
  4. Windows Backup ==> USB file not shown in Directory

Windows Backup ==> USB file not shown in Directory: Windows says that Backup is ON and was active this morning, 9/27/2020 at 5:17 a.m. 232GB to external Hard Drive F:, 999GB free of 1.36 TB, but the directory of F: in Explorer does not show any file activity on F: since 6/13/2020. I don't understand where BACKUP is saving on...
  5. Windows Backup - 4TB of "Other Files"

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Backup - 4TB of "Other Files": When I try to backup my computer (Windows Version 1903), after a short time the space (even though it's 5TB) fills up and says no more room. When I checked the backup drive, 4TB are taken by "Other Files." Can anyone inform me what "Other Files" are and how to avoid that...
  6. CONTENTS AND LIST OF FILES ON BACKUP DVD - HOW TO LIST ETC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CONTENTS AND LIST OF FILES ON BACKUP DVD - HOW TO LIST ETC: PROCEDURES TO LIST THE CONTENT AND FILE NAMES ON A BACKUP DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contents-and-list-of-files-on-backup-dvd-how-to/fc678a0d-dfd7-4b3a-964a-1c7d0ac8e8db
  7. Easy Guide: How to Browse the Contents of a File History Backup in Windows 10

Easy Guide: How to Browse the Contents of a File History Backup in Windows 10: This article shows you how to open and view the contents of a File History Backup in Windows 10. If you only want to access a few files in your backup, the following instructions let you do it. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions...
  8. Can File History backup the contents of drives other than the C:\ drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can File History backup the contents of drives other than the C:\ drive?: Hi. My C:\ drive is a 256GB RAM drive. All my documents are stored on a 2GB drive labelled M:\, name "Data". In the past I've always used Windows Backup and have always been able to restore files as and when required. When I installed Windows 10 I set up Windows backup. Now...
  9. how to determine what's causing 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to determine what's causing 100% disk usage: hi, I'm temporarily without my fairly high spec laptop and using a lower spec laptop which is really struggling. I tend to have around 8 apps open and task manager shows disk activity at 100% I don't want to close any more than I have to, but how can I determine which app is...
  10. how to determine what's causing 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Support
    how to determine what's causing 100% disk usage: hi, I'm temporarily without my fairly high spec laptop and using a lower spec laptop which is really struggling. I tend to have around 8 apps open and task manager shows disk activity at 100% I don't want to close any more than I have to, but how can I determine which app is...