Windows 10: How to determine the way I want to receive Updates on windows 10

Discus and support How to determine the way I want to receive Updates on windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have windows 10 Home and the updates are downloaded and installed without any action from me. I know I can delay the installations, bit I would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rolly13, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Rolly13 Win User

How to determine the way I want to receive Updates on windows 10

I have windows 10 Home and the updates are downloaded and installed without any action from me. I know I can delay the installations, bit I would like to be able to decide wich updates I download and install

:)

Rolly13, Aug 15, 2015
  2. Ar Rom Win User

I receive Microsoft updates that I do not want. How can I stop receiving all updates from Windows/Microsoft?

Hello Jed,

There are certain steps that we can do to remove installed updates. Kindly follow the methods provided on this

link
    and see if this will resolve your concern. Refer to the article: "How do I remove an installed update?".

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Aug 15, 2015
  3. JedDakota Win User
    I receive Microsoft updates that I do not want. How can I stop receiving all updates from Windows/Microsoft?

I want to stop all Windows/Microsoft updates, forever. How can I achieve this?

Thank you.

JedDakota, Aug 15, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

WhyMe, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Rolly13 Win User
    Thank you but this is not what I am looking fore. In Win 7 from time to time you received a message that updates were available. Then when you opened this message, you could see what updates you could install. You had the option to choose wich to install and wich not. This option seems to be available in the Pro and Enterprise version but not in the Home version that I use. That is what I am looking for

Rolly13, Aug 15, 2015
  6. In 10 it is not that simple, you have to set Windows Updates to Notify and then use the above utility to choose, which you do not want to install. Input this into CMD as admin, then check for updates:

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "AUOptions" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to determine the way I want to receive Updates on windows 10 - Similar Threads - determine receive Updates

2. I want to do an offline windows 10 clean installation. How do I determine the updates to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to do an offline windows 10 clean installation. How do I determine the updates to...: I want to do an offline windows 10 clean installation. How do I determine the updates to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-do-an-offline-windows-10-clean/13fc1c41-f5eb-49da-af5e-8bd3baf55ab4
  3. I want to do an offline windows 10 clean installation. How do I determine the updates to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to do an offline windows 10 clean installation. How do I determine the updates to...: I want to do an offline windows 10 clean installation. How do I determine the updates to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-do-an-offline-windows-10-clean/13fc1c41-f5eb-49da-af5e-8bd3baf55ab4
  4. I want to do an offline windows 10 clean installation. How do I determine the updates to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is there a way to determine the bitrate of Windows 10 system audio "Stereo Mix"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to determine the bitrate of Windows 10 system audio "Stereo Mix"?: Occasionally I need to record sound directly from my computer by using Stereo Mix as input. When saving the file, I set the bitrate depending on what I'm using the audio for, ranging from 160 to 256 kbps, but if the actual stream had a lower bitrate, my higher bitrate just...
  6. simple way to determine if I can upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    simple way to determine if I can upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11?: Is there a simple way? I have a Dell Inspiron15 3000 series. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/simple-way-to-determine-if-i-can-upgrade-from/4de3d491-e505-4378-a65a-f869e670184b
  7. simple way to determine if I can upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    simple way to determine if I can upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11?: Is there a simple way? I have a Dell Inspiron15 3000 series. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/simple-way-to-determine-if-i-can-upgrade-from/4de3d491-e505-4378-a65a-f869e670184b
  8. Is there a way to programmatically determine which device triggers a Windows Update?

Is there a way to programmatically determine which device triggers a Windows Update?: Hello - Is there an API or registry entry that supports finding the device that triggers a Windows driver update? What I would hope to find is a VID/PID corresponding to the device matched by the Windows Update matching algorithm. Thank you....
  9. Best Way For Determining Activation Status

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best Way For Determining Activation Status: What is the best way for determining the activation status of a Win Ten 1909 installation? I know that winver is one way but is there a better way? Thanks, in advance, for guidance and/or pointers to an appropriate tutorial. 149298
  10. I am receiving a Error Code Oxc1900201 I want to update my Windows 10

I am receiving a Error Code Oxc1900201 I want to update my Windows 10: I am 80 years old so I am not tech savy, all I would like to do is update my Windows 10 program. I have a HP Envy desktop PC intel core I7 Processor. Can someone help me, I would appreciate it. Thank You in Advance FPM...