Windows 10: How to determine what is stopping an software from launching

Discus and support How to determine what is stopping an software from launching in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys! I hope this is the right thread. I recently had a problem with my CS:GO not launching from Steam. I tried uninstalling the game and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jaypels, Jun 1, 2018.

1. jaypels Win User

How to determine what is stopping an software from launching

Hi guys! I hope this is the right thread. I recently had a problem with my CS:GO not launching from Steam.

I tried uninstalling the game and restoring a backup copy from my laptop (which runs it) to still no avail. I tried reinstalling Steam downloading CS:GO again but it still won't run. I tried disabling Kaspersky incase it is the one blocking it and it still won't run.

I also tried the tutorials from YouTube (verify file integrity, running DirectX, deleting and redownloading some files) but still no dice.

It got me thinking, maybe a program is blocking CS:GO from running because my other Steam games would run without a problem.

Is there a software that can track with app is blocking which?

:)

jaypels, Jun 1, 2018

2. Screen Brightness Adjustment not Working with Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to look for the software
    Quick Launch program
    in the Control Panel > Programs and Features.

If you find it, then follow the steps:

• Right-click and delete the existing Quick Launch program.

• Reboot.

• Install the newly downloaded package.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 12, 2018
  3. TrueRock2 Win User
    Projecting to this PC {we are still trying to determine the feature capabilities}

John Sarc,

I believe you are misunderstanding the question in this thread. The error message:

"we are still trying to determine the feature capabilities"

is appearing on the potential receiving Windows 10 PC - not a transmitting mobile device.

Additionally, please understand that this is not a "Continuum" question. This is a question regarding Windows 10 Miracast reception.

Also, part of the problem is that the error message is nonsensical. Someone with better English language skills needs to re-write the error message so that it provides an explanation of what error is occurring.

*************************************************************************************

Below are steps recommended by AirServer to de-bug Miracast problems on a Windows 10 PC. I would think Microsoft would have similar suggestions somewhere:

If you are unable to start Miracast services on a
    compatible Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 computer
    :

• Try disabling the WiFi adapter and then re-enabling it again.
    • If Cisco VPN client is installed on the PC, make sure that
      "stateful firewall" is turned off
      . Also ensure that "Deterministic Network Enhancer" which gets installed with Cisco VPN client is disabled.
    • If VirtualBox is installed on the PC, disable the "VirtualBox Bridged Network Driver".

If the steps described above does not resolve the issue, follow these advance troubleshooting steps:

Warning: This procedure will delete all WiFi settings, including passwords remembered for known Wireless networks.
    • Obtain the latest NDIS 6.4 WiFi driver/software for the WiFi adapter on your machine.
    • Quit AirServer Universal.
    • Open Device Manager and locate the WiFi adapter which can be found under Network Adapters.
    • Right-click the WiFi adapter and choose Uninstall.
    • When promoted to confirm, also enable "Delete the driver software for this device" and proceed.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Install the latest WiFi driver/software from Step 1.
    • Launch AirServer Universal.

TrueRock2, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

How to determine what is stopping an software from launching

1. How to determine what is stopping an software from launching - Similar Threads - determine stopping software

2. How to stop microsoft from installing bad software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop microsoft from installing bad software: So, I have a bunch of domain computers. Every week, Microsoft's update re-installs bloatware and some apps that simply break our machines.On top of that, Microsoft also removes drivers we NEED to do business.Every week, I have to remove the Microsoft replacement drivers, and...
  3. How to stop microsoft from installing bad software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop microsoft from installing bad software: So, I have a bunch of domain computers. Every week, Microsoft's update re-installs bloatware and some apps that simply break our machines.On top of that, Microsoft also removes drivers we NEED to do business.Every week, I have to remove the Microsoft replacement drivers, and...
  4. What determines the display number.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What determines the display number.: Does windows determine the display number based on on which port the various monitors are connected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-determines-the-display-number/f17cb8ff-7bd4-4e7d-8d16-6f1d5a45843a
  5. Determining what PUA's are

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Determining what PUA's are: I got gifted the game Disgaea for my birthday a while ago, but the game needs a LOT of grinding. I am not a kid with a summer vacation to blow on this anymore, so I wanted to cheat some XP to eliminate the boring grinding. However the save files are encrypted, so I'm looking...
  6. LAUNCH SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAUNCH SOFTWARE: Where is the launch software to be found for my Flight simulator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/launch-software/8badeb90-cb31-4e4a-b2da-a93da62bef80
  7. LAUNCH SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAUNCH SOFTWARE: Where is the launch software to be found for my Flight simulator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/launch-software/8badeb90-cb31-4e4a-b2da-a93da62bef80
  8. How to stop Hyper-V from launching?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop Hyper-V from launching?: I enabled Hyper-V feature to learn about virtualization security features on a home pc. Later, I disabled the feature. I discovered that does not completely shutdown virtualization security once you have some security features enabled. I executed a system image backup, but I...
  9. how do it determine what app downloads pictures from a memory card?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do it determine what app downloads pictures from a memory card?: how do I change the default for what downloads pictures from a memory card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-it-determine-what-app-downloads-pictures/ca6488b1-d59f-4836-8abb-fd6aa95e92ff"
  10. How to stop MSN from automatically launching on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop MSN from automatically launching on startup: My default browser is Google Chrome. Running windows 10 Home. i have tried various methods found with a search and also remedies on Microsoft community, none of which work......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whats stopping a program from launching