Windows 10: How to disable Active Monitoring in CCleaner Free

Discus and support How to disable Active Monitoring in CCleaner Free in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] In the recent CCleaner 5.45 version released by Piriform/Avast, a new active monitoring feature has been introduced. It is almost impossible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 3, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable Active Monitoring in CCleaner Free

How to disable Active Monitoring in CCleaner Free CCleaner-100x100.jpg
    In the recent CCleaner 5.45 version released by Piriform/Avast, a new active monitoring feature has been introduced. It is almost impossible to disable the Active Monitoring of CCleaner. This has invited angry reactions from the public over the flawed functioning [...]

This post How to disable Active Monitoring in CCleaner Free is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 3, 2018

2. ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Aug 3, 2018
  3. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Aug 3, 2018
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

How to disable Active Monitoring in CCleaner Free [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

How to disable Active Monitoring in CCleaner Free cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable Active Monitoring in CCleaner Free - Similar Threads - disable Active Monitoring

2. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CCleaner: when I select Ccleaner it's too big for the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/4d3f2c1b-8d6b-4184-bd8d-d2ce7a44e72d
  3. why has Defender blocked an update of CCleaner (free)?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why has Defender blocked an update of CCleaner (free)?: I have v.5.62 of CCleaner (free). I had a message just now from Piriform that an update was available so I clicked to install it. There was then a message that Microsoft Defender had blocked it. The message was only there for a second or two so I had no time to take a...
  4. CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version: Does the paid version of CCleaner suffer from the privacy issues, pop up ads, bundled software in the installer, like the CCleaner browser? Or are these issues related to just the free version? In other words, does anyone use the paid version and can confirm whether or not it...
  5. Win10 Disables CCleaner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Disables CCleaner: The Program Compatibility Assistant is disabled and yet windows still manages to disable CCleaner. Besides uninstalling the current update, is there a work around (reg tweak) anything that can be done until this is fixed? Did I miss another setting that should be disabled to...
  6. CCleaner provokes fury over Active Monitoring, user data collection

in Windows 10 News
    CCleaner provokes fury over Active Monitoring, user data collection: In CCleaner version 5.45, a changelog note says the company "added more detailed reporting for bug fixes and product improvements." However, as noted by Ghacks, this broadly covers data collection changes which users were not best pleased about. The monitoring elements of...
  7. CCleaner

CCleaner: What is you guys opinion on this program? I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to make a small difference on my computer... the cleaning isnt as good as it used to be many years ago... what do you guys think,...
  8. Ccleaner

Ccleaner: Each time I log into my user profile, Ccleaner asks for permissions to run. How can I stop this? Note: I could probably go to Google and research this problem, but I always like to hear something from this forum as I trust you guys and your solutions as they always...
  9. How to enable a disable monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to enable a disable monitor?: Hello, I've got a 9 multimonitor system, 3X Nvidia GPU + 3X Usb UGA-165 I have disable the 8 of them, but now Win10 doesn't appear to me any of the disable monitor in "Display Settings", I have re-enable the 5 of them using the Nvidia Control panel but I can't re-enable...
  10. Ccleaner or ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ccleaner or ?: Is Ccleaner the only tool you can clean your Windows 10 with(not registry)safely? I have Bitdefender Total Security 2018, can I use the optimizer build in that product? I am not a techie so what software out there can I use? [img] 91807