Windows 10: How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?

Discus and support How to Disable ASUS Touchpad? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I disable the ASUS touchpad on my ASUS laptop? The latest Windows 10 upgrade restored the functionality of the touchpad, which I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColMac42, May 24, 2017.

1. ColMac42 Win User

How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?

How can I disable the ASUS touchpad on my ASUS laptop?

The latest Windows 10 upgrade restored the functionality of the touchpad, which I had disabled. I have uninstalled the touchpad driver and restarted the computer three times from Control Panel, but it still works. I can't find the software in MSConfig.

:)

ColMac42, May 24, 2017

2. How to disable the Asus Q503U notebook touchpad when a mouse is attached?

If you already adjusted the sensitivity as far as it will go, there's not much more we can do for you directly. Some laptop companies let you turn the touchpad on and off, but that's completely up to the builder -- so check your Asus official instructions
    to see if your laptop has that ability. Or, the low-tech approach I've seen is to put a sticky note or business card on top of the pad to "dull" the sensor.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 24, 2017
  3. wdirwin Win User
    How to disable the Asus Q503U notebook touchpad when a mouse is attached?

I have an Asus Q503U notebook with a hypersensitive touchpad. I need to disable it when a mouse is attached but cannot find a place either in mouse properties or touchpad properties. I do a lot of research and writing and the touchpad is so sensitive that
    it moves the cursor sometimes every key I press. I have adjusted the sensitivity to the minimum. The laptop is virtually unusable for what I bought it for!!!!

Modified title from: touchpad

wdirwin, May 24, 2017
  4. How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?

Edit: After posting it struck me that you might want to disable the Touchpad completely (not just Smart Gesture) to use a Mouse.
    • Does FN+F9 keys work to disable and enable Touchpad
    • Control Panel > ASUS Smart Gesture > Mouse Detection then tick Disable touchpad when mouse is plugged-in

I guess you mean you wet to Device Manager and uninstalled the driver ?
    Have you gone to:
    Programs and Features
    • Select ASUS Smart Gesture
    • Select Uninstall
    • Restart you computer

Note: ATK Package is also associated with the Touchpad but it is also essential for the functioning of various other items like the FN keys and more, so uninstalling that can cause problems.
    Having said that, if Smart Gesture is being installed again after Restart you could try uninstalling Smart Gesture and ATK Package then Restart then install just ATK Package

In case you are unsure how to get a copy of ATK Package:
    • Go to your local Asus website @ ASUS
    • Click on Support On some sites you must click on Service first then Support
    • Enter the Model Name in the Search field and select from the results
    • If necessary select Drivers & Tools
    • Choose your OS (Windows 10 )
    • Click on ATK
    • Select the latest version (there is probably only one)
    • To the right of Download from click on Global
    • After downloading un-zip the file and install the update

Note: If you want to download a copy of Smart Gesture it is is under Pointing Device

Good luck *Smile

FrillyBits, May 24, 2017
  5. ColMac42 Win User
    FN+F9 does nothing.

I have gone to Device Manager and Uninstalled the driver, and restarted the computer four times now.

ASUS Smart Gesture is not shown in Programs and Features.

Thanks for trying to help.

ColMac42, May 24, 2017
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    I'm guessing you mean the Smart Gesture software?

Anyway there's no need to remove the software. If you're using a dedicated mouse, and want Smart Gesture to disable the "mouse pad" double click the Smart Gesture icon in the taskbar and under the Mouse Detection Section, tick the "Disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged in" box. Simple and works like a charm.

*Wink

Hope this helps *Smile

sygnus21, May 24, 2017
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    FAQ - Asus Smart Gesture (Also download link for SG)

ATK Package

sygnus21, May 24, 2017
  8. How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?

Do not uninstall the driver before or after doing this:
    • Download and install ASUS Smart Gesture
    • Restart
    • Go to Programs and Features and uninstall ASUS Smart Gesture
    • Restart

There will almost certainly be a basic Windows touchpad driver that will be enabled when you uninstall Smart Gesture so uninstalling Smart Gesture won't completely disable the Touchpad. See the other options mentioned above

FrillyBits, May 24, 2017
  9. My touchpad did the same thing on my K75DE, Fn + F9 stopped working. Manually downloading and installing the ATK package fixed it. That key combo was the only function that didn't work. All the other Fn keys worked. And I do believe Windows update installs an ATK package, just not the right one it appears? Or one not updated for what ever changed with the CU update.

alphanumeric, May 24, 2017
  10. All smart gesture does for me is let me do two finger scroll etc. Without it I have no scroll function on my touchpad. Windows update installs it automatically on a clean install. For me it does anyway. There should be an icon for it in the action center down by the clock.

11. derek10 Win User
    Most probably because your drivers are messed up
    Install every driver and touchpad software from Asus then disable touchpad with FN+9.

derek10, May 24, 2017
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    I've never had an issue with Windows automatically installing the ATK package or Smart Gesture, even under the Creator's update. And everything worked just fine. This is on a 2013 Asus Ultrabook (Zenbook Prime).

sygnus21, May 24, 2017
  13. ColMac42 Win User

Downloaded and installed Smart Gesture. Checked "Disable touchpad once USB mouse is connected" That worked. Problem solved.

Thanks to all of you!

ColMac42, May 24, 2017
  14. sygnus21 Win User
    Thank you *Smile

sygnus21, May 24, 2017
  15. In the past everything worked with the Windows update supplied drivers/utilities. Then one day somebody posted a similar thread and I discovered I couldn't turn my touchpad off. After upgrading to the AU I think? I use it so its not normally something I do. I downloaded the ATK from ASUS directly and installed it. And then the Fn + F9 turn off function worked again. It may have to do with what brand touchpad is installed, don't know. *Confused

The disable when mouse connected doesn't work correctly for me. It turns my touchpad off, but doesn't always turn it back on again when I don't have my trackball plugged in. I stopped using that function, was more trouble than it was worth.

Thema:

1. How to Disable ASUS Touchpad? - Similar Threads - Disable ASUS Touchpad

2. How to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable touchpad: Prior to the latest update, I had my touchpad set to disable when it detected a mouse. With the latest update, my touchpad has been re-enabled and I can't find the settings to disable it. Can anyone help?...
  3. Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop

Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop: Hey guys, I have an ASUS G751JL laptop running Windows 10 version 1903 and I can't for the life of me disable the touchpad. I've spent hours troubleshooting it and nothing has worked so far and the F9 function key isn't working. So far I have *updated all my drivers,...
  4. how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

how to disable touchpad for asus laptop: how to disable the touchpad for asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-touchpad-for-asus-laptop/c46149f3-7175-4a35-8c12-05cec9f20b99
  5. How to disable touchpad?

How to disable touchpad?: I am trying to disable my touchpad on my hp loptop. The settings do not give me an option to disable and it is really being a problem for me when I am typing. I tried uninstalling the driver for the touchpad because that was my only option but even that doesn't work. Can...
  6. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  7. ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  8. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  9. FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad: Hi, I'm looking for a solution to fix the function combination to disable/enable the touchpad for my ASUS laptop (fn+f9). Here is a list of troubleshooting that I have already conducted myself: Downloaded ASUS Smart Gesture. Browsed to "Program Files (x86) /Asus Smart...
  10. Asus touchpad how do i disable

Asus touchpad how do i disable: I had the touch pad disabled on my asus N76V when an external mouse was connected - which is 99% of the time. It was pretty simple in my mouse settings. Since installing W10 it no longer shuts off. I even went so far as following an instruction to go into startup and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus q503u touchpad scroll