Windows 10: How To Disable Auto Login Last User/Black Screen At Boot???

Discus and support How To Disable Auto Login Last User/Black Screen At Boot??? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Alright so for some reason ever since I've "upgraded" to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 I've been having numerous issues with my computer taking a very... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Radical924, Dec 24, 2015.

1. How To Disable Auto Login Last User/Black Screen At Boot???

Alright so for some reason ever since I've "upgraded" to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 I've been having numerous issues with my computer taking a very long time to boot and I've noticed it is logging me in sometimes without asking me for my password at boot. I really want to stop the black screens as waiting 5-10 minutes every time I turn my computer on is annoying. Also I don't see why it would log me in without prompting for my password as why else would I have a logon password? Please if someone knows how to fix my slow boot with black screen where it seems to be sometimes logging me in automatically that would be great thanks!

:)

Radical924, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Ri-G Win User

How to disable "Lock screen" after anniversary windows 10 pro.

uto-login account and change the power settings so it doesn't sleep.

Good you remind me, always forget the first day to turn that evil sleep off.

About the lock screen, so microsoft prefer to see insecure machines with auto login and remove the option to disable the disable of the lock screen. instead of keep the option for the lock screen how it where. So users can choice what the want. I lost the
    logic.

Afraid microsoft have some more evil plan with the lock screen, in the past there already did go rumour around about ads on that screen.

Afraid i need to revert back to auto login then, becuase now you need extra clicks or type double the password because the login screen interferes and is slow. i tried to see what happens when you start typing on the login screen. It's a big MeH. Still not
    like the idea of auto login.

3. How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10

It says a lot about a company when they have the arrogance to force everyone to work the way they want and totally ignore feedback from customers explaining how they really want things to work.
    Microsoft isn’t alone in this attitude.

GoldenGuyCO, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How To Disable Auto Login Last User/Black Screen At Boot???

Brink, Dec 24, 2015
  5. Yeah I have it enabled. I replied to that thread.

Radical924, Dec 24, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 24, 2015
  7. Alright well all my settings look good and because it doesn't happen often that it logs me in without asking I won't know if anything helped yet... Now to the other issue. I was reading something about if your computer has an Intel Integrated Graphics and another card like NVidia it can cause some black screen issues. Have you heard of this before? If so do you know how to fix it w/o having me disable my display adapter?

Radical924, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How To Disable Auto Login Last User/Black Screen At Boot???

1. How To Disable Auto Login Last User/Black Screen At Boot??? - Similar Threads - Disable Auto Login

2. How to STOP Auto Login of last user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user?: The same as How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The issue still exists on Windows 11 v22H2! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-login-of-last-user/4e72f814-315b-415b-bac7-715d2a1a0e10
  3. How to STOP Auto Login of last user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user?: The same as How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The issue still exists on Windows 11 v22H2! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-login-of-last-user/4e72f814-315b-415b-bac7-715d2a1a0e10
  4. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User Without Password in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User Without Password in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup, so you don't have to manually go to regedit and do the changes.For those who...
  5. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup, so you don't have to manually go to regedit and do the changes.For those who...
  6. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup, so you don't have to manually go to regedit and do the changes.For those who...
  7. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup.For those who want to try, feedback would be great for me to see if my solution...
  8. How to disable Auto Login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Auto Login?: So I have two accounts on my laptop: Administrator (no password) Work Account (password-protected) How do I make it so that my laptop ALWAYS asks me to choose which account to use? From what I understand, if I shut down while using my Administrator account, it signs in...
  9. How to STOP Auto Login of last user

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user: How do I force Windows 10 to display a list of users instead of automatically logging to the last used account? I have seen "fixes" posted for Windows 8, but I have also seen lots of comments that these fixes won't work in Windows 10. I'm looking for a reliable fix for...
  10. v1607: Can't disable last user auto login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    v1607: Can't disable last user auto login: Before v1607, I used the gpedit logon script to disable the automatic login of non-passworded accounts. It's been fine for all the time I've been with Win10 since release. Specifically: Code: Name: C:\Windows\System32\reg.exe Parem: ADD...