Windows 10: How to disable BITS service FOREVER !?

Discus and support How to disable BITS service FOREVER !? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I disabled background intelligent service with 4 different ways and it turns itself on again after re-starting windows (and recently before re-strating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NimaAmini, Aug 22, 2018.

1. NimaAmini Win User

How to disable BITS service FOREVER !?

I disabled background intelligent service with 4 different ways and it turns itself on again after re-starting windows (and recently before re-strating that). I KNOW it's important for windows to turn in on but I don't need my windows to be updated!!!!! because my internet gets so slow every time i turn on my pc. so don't try to tell me it's needed to be on ok? just tell me how to disable it without any re-enabling possibilities. after 15 years pc experiences i can not customize my pc the way i want. well done microsoft !!!!!

:)

NimaAmini, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

Let's try disabling the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) via Command Prompt by following the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Run/type msconfig.
    • Click on Services tab.
    • Remove check mark on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Restart your computer.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Pait Win User
    Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

The "troubleshooting steps" that you have linked to does not address my concern.

My problem is that the BIT-service can
    start at any moment and directly impact performance while I am engaged in
    performance-sensitive usage.

I understand that I can manually disable this service every time I reboot my computer, but I believe my Operating System should
    work for me and not vice-versa.

Here are the types of solutions I am looking for:

• Automatically suspend the BIT-service when Game Mode is activated.
    • Allow BIT-service to have a network usage limit (like 50 Kbps)
    • Allow BIT-service to be scheduled (between 2am - 8am)
    • Disable BIT-service unless the user has requested a Windows Update

Is there a "set it and forget it" solution to preventing the BIT-service from affecting my performance that will persist through reboots?

4. CountMike Win User

Suggestions on services to disable?

Lol. Those 4 of them are already on the internet now and could be accessed and copied/saved by anybody. Did you at least watermark them ? Have you shared those and any of them with anybody else ? Does anybody else have access to your computer they are on ?

CountMike, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable BITS service FOREVER !? - Similar Threads - disable BITS service

2. Bits service not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bits service not working: Most of my windows services are working, I looked into it the only one not working is bits. And I have 2 different bit services and 2 different window update services. One of my window update services work the other one doesn't. And as for bits both dont work. One is missing...
  3. BITS Service not Starting.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BITS Service not Starting.: I've had this problem for a few months now and anything I saw online didn't work. I needed to download something off the Microsoft Store and I got an error code 0x800700B7 that led back to the BITS Service. I looked at services.msc and saw that the BITS Service wasn't...
  4. How to disable windows update forever?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable windows update forever?: Hi im trying to disable windows update forever, i Have disabled Windows update service but every i restart my laptop it is turned on, I want to disable windows update because it is restarting my pc without alert....
  5. BITS service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BITS service: I checked my event viewers to check on some application error until I recently found something new. This is a first time i ever had this issue. I ran sfc/ scannow and the DISM commands and it hasn't found any issues. According to this time, this occurred right before I shut...
  6. Win10 disable updates forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 disable updates forever: Hello, For planning support of oldest production lines technologies are required prepare more VM virtual machines one VM for one production line. Due compatibility and still working application are strongly recommended to disable win10 updates. How can be possible to...
  7. How to keep BITS disabled at startup and how to disable Delivery Optimization?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to keep BITS disabled at startup and how to disable Delivery Optimization?: So, first off I am on a satellite internet with a small bandwidth limit each month. My other computer crashed and all I could get is something with Windows 10 which I absolutely did not want due to the bandwidth limits. I have had this running for about the last week and...
  8. BITS service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BITS service: Hey... I check whole pc but there is no update is running but my whole internet data is automatically used. When I checked the task manager it show BITS service is using that data.But if no update is running then what is happening....PLz help to solve this...
  9. bits service

in Windows 10 Customization
    bits service: hello can someone advize me of services stopping by itself, and how to keep it on?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/bits-service/68c23d20-37c5-4d5a-94b6-3c9fd3b13d7a
  10. Disable Office ClickTorun forever

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Disable Office ClickTorun forever: Dear all, I have installed office 365 on our 5 computers that joined to the domain but suddenly OfficeClickTorun start updating and consuming the whole connection. How to disable OfficeClickTorun.exe please? Best Regards, 106109

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BITS service reenables itself