Windows 10: How to disable Default administrator account...

Discus and support How to disable Default administrator account... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi am a facing this problem for long time..When ever i turned my Pc on its showing invalid username/password...Its getting in to a user account for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Amarnath, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Amarnath Win User

How to disable Default administrator account...

Hi am a facing this problem for long time..When ever i turned my Pc on its showing invalid username/password...Its getting in to a user account for which i dont know the passwpord....its hidden administrator account i think once i tried that in command prompt,,,,,

i have tried various steps like
    1:in command prompt i used net user administrator /active:no
    it shows "system error 5 occured "

2:i tried REGEDIT there when i open the SAM file is shows this user is already in use

pls help me how to fix this

:)

Amarnath, Dec 12, 2015
  2. ashame Win User

Windows 10 Education, missing lusrmgr

Iirc, the default admin account is disabled by default, but yes, I'm trying this on an administrator account. I don't think it's an issue with admin priviledges though, as the message I'm getting is something along the lines of "this snap-in may not be used
    with this edition of windows"

ashame, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Alan B Win User
    Problem rolling back to Win 7

All computer have an account named Administrator but it is usually hidden and from Windows Vista onwards it is disabled by default. Does this
    help? If you enabled the Administrator account you could try disabling again.

Alan B, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Amarnath, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like you may not have opened an elevated command prompt to run the command in.

If that doesn't help, here are some more options for how to disable the built-in Administrator account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

1. How to disable Default administrator account... - Similar Threads - disable Default administrator

2. Changing Default Account to Administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Default Account to Administrator?: I cannot disable the User Account Control Setting on my computer and it's more than likely because I do not have an administrator set up. My administrator is set up as "defaultuser1." How in the world can I fix this? How can I change my default account to be the...
  3. Cannot disable default Administrator account.

Cannot disable default Administrator account.: The Administrator account remains on my log-in screen even after setting it to no longer be active. The account I am using is an administrative account separate from the account I am trying to disable. [ATTACH] I disabled the account through the administrator command...
  4. What is the password for the default administrator account?

What is the password for the default administrator account?: Ok so I keep trying to log in to my admin account but I don't know what the password is and I have never changed it so I believe its the default administrator password....
  5. How to delink a microsoft account from the default administrator

How to delink a microsoft account from the default administrator: A while ago I got tired of microsoft sending me pings about linking my account, so I logged in with a random account and linked the default admin to it. Now I want to delink it because microsoft store sucks and wont let me log in due to it being a "Personal Acc.". How do I...
  6. Administrator account keeps getting disabled

Administrator account keeps getting disabled: So, i wanted to install something in C:/Program Filesx86 andi didn't have permission, so i went on and granted my user every permission possible and nothing, then tried logging into Administrator account first time after a windows reset and didn't have it enabled, i went to...
  7. Cannot login as administrator account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login as administrator account disabled: Wondering if anyone could help me please. I purchased a second hand compute stick STK1AW32SC when I try to boot up it says the administrator account has been disabled and cannot get any further. How can I get logged in? Thanks...
  8. Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode: It used to be possible to login with a disabled administrator account in safemode. I'm unable to do this on current version of Windows 10 (1903). Is there any possibility to change this?...
  9. Can't disable "Administrator" account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't disable "Administrator" account.: There is this account I activated called "Administrator" to change my user folder but it didn't work so when I tried to disable it said "Operation completed sucessfully" and it was still there so I restarted my PC but it was still there and I even tried deleting the account...
  10. Administrative account disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrative account disabled: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wanted to get rid of the login screen password and turn off UAC because I find both of them annoying. After I tried to disable the main user password, it basically removed all permissions from my profile and I couldn't access...