Windows 10: how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10

Discus and support how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello friends, Prior to updating to 1803 my headphones/laptop speakers were working just fine. When I connect my USB headphones, audio automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nir2014, May 23, 2018.

1. nir2014 Win User

how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10

Hello friends,

Prior to updating to 1803 my headphones/laptop speakers were working just fine. When I connect my USB headphones, audio automatically redirected to headphones but not any more (after updating to 1803). Now, I need to manually disable speakers after connecting headphones (vice versa for speakers) to make them work.

I'm more of a typing guy (text/command line etc.) than GUI so I would like to know how could I enable/device through command line. I tried DevCon tool ( DevCon Status | Microsoft Docs ) but when I run it says successful but it does NOT actually disable the device. Of course, I used "Elevated command prompt (admin)"

Any advise on how to disable/enable devices in Windows 10 command-line please? Thanks!!

how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

nir2014, May 23, 2018

2. Enable/Disable Windows 2 Step logon verification from the command line

Is it possible to Enable/Disable Windows 2 Step logon verification from the command line?

RobertScheid, May 29, 2018
  3. How to enable the bash command line in cmd?

Original title: Windows 10 anniversary update

I'm a build 14393.10 user. How to enable the bash command line in cmd? Please give the step wise instructions!

JamesGeorge-, May 29, 2018
Thema:

how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10

1. how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable enable devices

2. Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line: Hello,Is there a way to Enable "Play animations in Windows" using PowerShell =I tried the solution with regedit, to change the value of MinAnimate and/or UserPreferencesMask and/or VisualFXSetting but none of them worked.It work only if I manually change it under ease of...
  3. Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line: Hello,Is there a way to Enable "Play animations in Windows" using PowerShell =I tried the solution with regedit, to change the value of MinAnimate and/or UserPreferencesMask and/or VisualFXSetting but none of them worked.It work only if I manually change it under ease of...
  4. How to disable unknown USB device using devcon or any command line app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable unknown USB device using devcon or any command line app?: In the device manager there is "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request failed"If I disable or uninstall the device then enable or "scan for changes" the device is activated and works although it is no longer shown in the device manager. It does show up using...
  5. How to disable unknown USB device using devcon or any command line app?

How to disable unknown USB device using devcon or any command line app?: In the device manager there is "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request failed"If I disable or uninstall the device then enable or "scan for changes" the device is activated and works although it is no longer shown in the device manager. It does show up using...
  6. Is there a command line command to enable/disable: Activate Window by hovering over it with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a command line command to enable/disable: Activate Window by hovering over it with...: Most of the time I like to use the option in MS Windows 11: Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.Sometimes I want to temporarily disable this option because it is annoying. Now I'm looking for a way to do this quickly.For example with a command line command or...
  7. Is there a command line command to enable/disable: Activate Window by hovering over it with...

Is there a command line command to enable/disable: Activate Window by hovering over it with...: Most of the time I like to use the option in MS Windows 11: Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.Sometimes I want to temporarily disable this option because it is annoying. Now I'm looking for a way to do this quickly.For example with a command line command or...
  8. How to enable Windows 10 fast startup using the command line

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to enable Windows 10 fast startup using the command line: How to open Fast Startup and Hibernate through the windows command line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-windows-10-fast-startup-using-the/133660f7-cf7e-454d-b3bf-398b2e7ab396
  9. How to Enable or Disable Hibernation using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Hibernation using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Hibernation allows you to save the state of the computer without losing any unsaved […] This article How to Enable or Disable Hibernation using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. How to enable TV display with command line?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable TV display with command line?: Hi, I have two monitors and one TV connected to same computer with Windows 10. I know I can choose to extend or duplicate, or not, to second screen doing WIN + P, but that doesn't work for the TV as it is a third display. I would really like a shortcut so I dont have to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device disable cmd

2. windows 10 disable device command line

3. enable devices from the command line

4. disable device command line windows 10,
  5. windows 10 command to disable hardware device,
  6. cmd command to enable sound device win 10,
  7. cucm disable phone line,
  8. windows 10 disable device from command line,
  9. windows command line device disable windows 10,
  10. line in disable,
  11. enabling windows hello using cmd,